This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey

Go down 
+9
ShadowCK
DemonWolf
Pickles
spartan225
Blixtstorm
dreadraptor85
Arbiteris
Master_Chief
Stigma
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey Empty
PostSubject: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 9:47 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216691.html

according to a survey by Square Trade, in the year that the jasper model xbox 360 has been out, only 4% of consoles sold have failed. in a survey in 2007, after two years they found that the falcon model xbox 360 had a 23.7% failure rate, and the PS3 had a 10% failure rate. Could this mean the 360 has a lower failure rate than the PS3 now? of course it need a little more time for an even more accurate survey. but the numbers show great progress, and the stupidity of those PS3 fanboys screaming, RROD, RROD, RROD, RROD, RROD, time and time again.

and don't forget the uber powerful 3 year long xbox 360 warranty, and only $69 dollar repair fee if out of warranty. The PS3 only has a year long warranty, and a $130+ repair fee, going up to 180 dollars in some places. In fact, TheRevFaction (AKA SolidRev28) has stated that his PS3 has been continuously freezing and he may need a new one.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Wow. Great news.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 10:02 pm

The ps3 fanboys wont listen to this.Ive already tried convinicng them
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 10:08 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
PS3 fanboys only hear what they want to hear.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 10:51 pm

The newer 360s and PS3 slim models use way more efficient hardware so the fail rate on both are lower.

More efficient = less heat = less problems
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 10:56 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

They are so freaking ignorant, if they lose the argument of RROD then they loss like 3/4 of their why PS3 is better than 360 arguments. They will never listen. I had some kid calling me an in denial fanboy because the 360 apparently has a 65% failure rate which he has failed again and again to provide me with a credible source. Whilst he denies my evidence
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 11:11 pm

Hey guys,guess what.Im telling shokio this(i gave him the link)and hes keep denying it saying it isnt reliable.Then,he says im being biased and said im using fanboyism.Hes what you call ignorant
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 11:17 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Hey guys,guess what.Im telling shokio this(i gave him the link)and hes keep denying it saying it isnt reliable.Then,he says im being biased and said im using fanboyism.Hes what you call ignorant

I don't even get Shokio, he claims he's the Wii Network leader, but he jumps in on 360 bashing arguments, and goes too the PS3's defense when he can. He makes very bad points too. He once told be that the power brick is a con because if it starts on fire it could burn your house down LOL! Dude next time he goes on about how 360 sucks....hardware wise, i will point out all the flaws and lacking areas of his precious Wii. He's a fag, that's the easiest way to put it, he should stay out of 360 vs. PS3 arguments entirely.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 11:20 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

I don't even get Shokio, he claims he's the Wii Network leader, but he jumps in on 360 bashing arguments, and goes too the PS3's defense when he can. He makes very bad points too. He once told be that the power brick is a con because if it starts on fire it could burn your house down LOL! Dude next time he goes on about how 360 sucks....hardware wise, i will point out all the flaws and lacking areas of his precious Wii. He's a fag, that's the easiest way to put it, he should stay out of 360 vs. PS3 arguments entirely.

LOL,the "360 power brick causes fire"excuse is BS.Any electronic can cause fires.So do candles.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 11:33 pm

HAHA guys,shokio gave me a like to a website called cnet saying that 360 has a 60% failure rate.he beleive tihs BS more than tradesquare.And we thought ps3 fanboys were bad when they said 360 had 54% failure rate
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:06 am

Arbiteris wrote:
HAHA guys,shokio gave me a like to a website called cnet saying that 360 has a 60% failure rate.he beleive tihs BS more than tradesquare.And we thought ps3 fanboys were bad when they said 360 had 54% failure rate

yeah maybe if Microsoft was still producing those old ass units that argument would hold some weight, BUT THEY AREN'T. Microsoft is only producing Jaspers now, so if you buy a 360 now, there's a 4% failure rate. the PS3 failure rate could be anywhere from 2-10%.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 4:10 am

dreadraptor85 wrote:
The newer 360s and PS3 slim models use way more efficient hardware so the fail rate on both are lower.

Not quite right there, the PS3 Slim is a downgraded version, not upgraded.... The hardware in it is to cut corners for sony, therefore being able to lower the price.

The truth is that the PS3 slim is less reliable then the "thick" one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 4:18 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
dreadraptor85 wrote:

Not quite right there, the PS3 Slim is a downgraded version, not upgraded.... The hardware in it is to cut corners for sony, therefore being able to lower the price.

The truth is that the PS3 slim is less reliable then the "thick" one.
Thats true. In fact I've already been seeing posts on different forums complaining about the Slims crashing and not reading discs. I expect to hear more after its been out a little longer.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 7:10 am

I'm talking about electricity consumption.
Back to top Go down
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:45 am

Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
PS3 fanboys only hear what they want to hear.
Exactly
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:53 pm

dreadraptor85 wrote:
I'm talking about electricity consumption.

The overall power comsumption is almost not even changed. The only thing thev've changed is the power comsumtion of the cell, and thats not the big part of the overall.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:30 pm

This makes feel a lot better. When I bought my 360 a few months ago, I never heard about the RROD.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:36 pm

Didn't Gamespot say the same thing?
If so, we've got two surveys on our side. The surveys ps3 fanboys use are all over the place, they all say different stuff "92%, 54%", etc.

xD I think I can believe this.

This guy just failed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1USV2HFVDg
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ShadowCK
Seaman
Seaman
ShadowCK

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 9:52 am

Lol at the PS3 Fanboy comments. They need the Xbox 360 failure rate to be high for the sake of their own sanity because then they wouldn't be able to bash it as much as they normally could.

Fun Fact: New Xbox Live Experience + Better cooling systems = Reduced Failure Rate.
Back to top Go down
SGCopeland
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
SGCopeland

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 9:54 am

The Elite models are more efficiant but there is a bit of an uprising about the MW2 Edition's failure rate
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sgcopeland360
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:09 am

SGCopeland wrote:
The Elite models are more efficiant but there is a bit of an uprising about the MW2 Edition's failure rate

source?
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:11 am

Mine is not the Jasper , but it does not matter, i keep it at a cold place all the time, high up, and nothing blocking the vents. No problems yet and its gonna make 1 year next week.
Back to top Go down
SGCopeland
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
SGCopeland

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:14 am

matrixrory wrote:
SGCopeland wrote:

source?

Most of my friends have had problems. The console is supposed to be great, but I mean compared to the regular 120 Elite there is apparently more problems
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:22 am

SGCopeland wrote:
matrixrory wrote:
SGCopeland wrote:

source?

Most of my friends have had problems. The console is supposed to be great, but I mean compared to the regular 120 Elite there is apparently more problems

oh oh oh "apparently". apparently the world is suppose to end in 2012. apparently the moon landing was fake and 9/11 was an inside job. apparently lol
Back to top Go down
SGCopeland
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
SGCopeland

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:23 am

matrixrory wrote:
SGCopeland wrote:
matrixrory wrote:
SGCopeland wrote:

source?

oh oh oh "apparently". apparently the world is suppose to end in 2012. apparently the moon landing was fake and 9/11 was an inside job. apparently lol

Ah well, until the stats come in we can't be sure. But from what I have heard the Elite works better than the MW2 Bundle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey   Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 Jasper: 4% failure rate, Square Trade survey
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next