This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics

Go down 
+15
Melonbro
Shin_Akuma
Yusuke Urameshi
Doominator99
Blixtstorm
im-360...xbox360
day walker
Freemon34'
ghost23
Boba_Fett
Pein
Master_Chief
Teckno
Alan1994
DemonWolf
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  Empty
PostSubject: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:42 am

Jossa81, I'm looking forward to what you have to say about this, seeing as you're one of the ps3 fans on the forum Razz

Here we have Metal Gear Solid 4:
Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  Metal-gear-solid-4-screens-20080513001600566_640w

Beautiful, right?
Okay fine, I purposefully picked a bad one. Maybe it's just an exception. Well let's look at this:
Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  926596_20060923_screen004

lol errm I hope the developers didn't claim they "maxed out the ps3" with that game. Well they did use dual layer blu ray for that What a Face

Killzone 2
Errm errrm it looks good but it uses fake shadowing effects and they made the gun look extra nice just to make up for horrible texture detail. Proof?
http://ps3thevolution.com/2009/03/09/killzone-2-smoke-and-mirrors-from-a-cgi-artist/
Also apart from the character models, everything looks so flat and has very plain texture work.
Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  Killzone-2-20080506020313430

Uncharted 2
Yeah, what ps3 fanboys claim to be the best looking game "evarrrr",
Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  59348463
Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  21112661

Is ps3 incapable of doing decent bumper maps or something?

Just one more pic to get some fanboys in a RAGEEEE
Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  Killzone2-texture-hd
Ah man, I wish 360 could handle those grafix!!!!

LOL Very Happy
Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  2mhbtd10
Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  2925l610
Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  Gears-of-war-20061107035032612_640w

Oh Jossa, I've posted this before but I don't know if you've ever seen it sooo:

Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  K3u153
(Perfect Dark, Launch title for 360)

VS

Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  Killzone-project--ss-174
...no competition Razz

And 360 doesn't just pwn in texture detail, also in shadowing and lighting and general awesome graphics Smile
Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  45254910

Last edited by demondragondude on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:55 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:08 pm

Haha nice. I never understood why people thought UC2 had amazing graphics, it has a great draw distance but as this thread shows graphics up close suck. Razz
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:17 pm

Textures are the Xbox 360's greatest strength. Anti-aliasing as well. Gears 3 and Halo Reach should set the bar in graphics.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:15 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Haha nice. I never understood why people thought UC2 had amazing graphics, it has a great draw distance but as this thread shows graphics up close suck. Razz

Yeah. To be fair, if you don't zoom in much then it can be seen as one of the best looking games ever. But really it's undeniable that the textures are bad for the most part.
So flat and they lack bumper mapping.

Alan1994 wrote:
Textures are the Xbox 360's greatest strength. Anti-aliasing as well. Gears 3 and Halo Reach should set the bar in graphics.

Yes. I agree. Though I'm not entirely sure about Reach yet. I'm not sure if graphics is one of Bungies priorities. Though I'm sure it'll be a bloody colourful game Smile

Also, I think Perfect Dark Zero raises the bar higher than any console game. If only the character models were better it would be the best looking console game ever.

I'm playing it right now. The only thing Killzone 2 beats it in is character models and weapons for the most part. But the texture detail and general level design is outstanding on PDZ.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:22 pm

You picked horrible one's for the PS3 and great one's for the 360...
Sorry, but this was horribly fanboyish Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:36 pm

ColorfulNose wrote:
You picked horrible one's for the PS3 and great one's for the 360...
Sorry, but this was horribly fanboyish Razz

I know. But any ps3 fanboys looking at it are gonna go MAAAAAAAADDD.

But it isn't 100% biased. Those are real screens and the best looking games on ps3 don't look as good as PDZ Razz
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:13 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
I totally agree. Another thing I notice is that PS3 games tend to have flat 2D textures while 360 games tend to have more depth in textures. More 3D like. Shader effects are another area where 360 excels. But textures and AA are 360s main strengths.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:13 pm

the funny thing is that gears 1 or even perfect dark zero have better textures than uncharted 2 and killzone 2,4 year old games have better textures than two games that have been released 1 year ago..thats just unbeliveble
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:44 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
the funny thing is that gears 1 or even perfect dark zero have better textures than uncharted 2 and killzone 2,4 year old games have better textures than two games that have been released 1 year ago..thats just unbeliveble

Yes, exactly. Btw do you have PDZ? If so, go on the second level and look at the texture detail. It's phenominal! Graphically it's my fav level (along with the tropical rainforesty area).

But if you haven't got it...well it's £5. You should consider picking it up.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 5:07 pm

doesn't it also have to do with the game engines? Look at Rage. Looks AMAZING on the 360. Sorry but it is far better than anything i seen from either consoles. And this is only on the 360 and it looks so awesome due to the I.D. engine i believe it is called.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 6:03 pm

demondragondude wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

Yes, exactly. Btw do you have PDZ? If so, go on the second level and look at the texture detail. It's phenominal! Graphically it's my fav level (along with the tropical rainforesty area).

But if you haven't got it...well it's £5. You should consider picking it up.
i dont have it but i might pick it up,i have played the demo and i thought it was ok
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:35 pm

wow and those Gears images are from the first game. Gears 3 is coming out soon and its gonna rape all.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:05 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
QFT
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:43 am

lol the Uncharted 2 pics were taken from a camera on a DLC that came free with an update, lol of course those pics would have horrible quality.
Back to top Go down
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:04 am

Someone should make this thread in http://au.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_topics.php?board_id=314159282&tag=platform-forums%3Btitle%3B11 make it happen and whatch the Flame war Very Happy
Back to top Go down
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
im-360...xbox360

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:50 am

Oh they will never shut up!
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:55 am

im-360...xbox360 wrote:
Oh they will never shut up!

lol true

they will probably think that the PS3 will have better graphics then 15 highend PC's in 10 years Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:23 am

Sorry but you have chosen bad pics for the PS3 games (Exept MGS4, that game is 2 years old) If all those games looked as bad as that all of the time then nobody would praise those games for there graphics, but they do. But xbox games do have better textures (look at those sexy gears of war graphix) its just that PS3 games use special effects to make the games look better, it makes them look good so i wont complain Neutral
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:11 am

Doominator99 wrote:
Sorry but you have chosen bad pics for the PS3 games (Exept MGS4, that game is 2 years old) If all those games looked as bad as that all of the time then nobody would praise those games for there graphics, but they do. But xbox games do have better textures (look at those sexy gears of war graphix) its just that PS3 games use special effects to make the games look better, it makes them look good so i wont complain Neutral

I know. But the fact is, ps3 fanboys claim that our system is maxed out and ps3 can handle more than it and how the devs are taking advantage of ps3's power and that 360 can't handle such graphics, when in fact 360 has amazing texture detail and these aren't really bad pics, they are some of the only pics that show the ps3 exclusive games UP CLOSE to a texture. I noticed loads of 360 titles have up close cameras on the pictures you find on google whereas most of the ps3 games have camera views far away so you can't see that really the textures aren't that good.

But this is really to stir up some contraversy and piss off some fanboys >:]
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:11 am

day walker wrote:
Someone should make this thread in http://au.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_topics.php?board_id=314159282&tag=platform-forums%3Btitle%3B11 make it happen and whatch the Flame war Very Happy

Will do Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:29 am

Back to top Go down
day walker
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:34 am

Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:34 am

lol? that many answers that fast?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:06 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
lol? that many answers that fast?
well ps3 fanboys dont play on their precious ps3 as they say so thats why theres a lot of comments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics  Empty

Back to top Go down

Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next