This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics

Go down 
+24
day walker
GrantedAccess
xjosh360s
Freemon34
Blackou7
A7MAD_AU
7th
redringofdeath
killstopLEGEND
begley
danny100
arnt god of war
Alan1994
Fank
joe11
GeneralMLD
360WNED
Static103
Vogler
spartan225
Master_Chief
ghost23
-jaz350z-
DemonWolf
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics Empty
PostSubject: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 7:19 pm

You may have seen this article from a previous Topic by Master Chief:

http://www.tqcast.com/2010/03/upcoming-xbox-360-titles-that-can-settle-the-score/

Well I wanted to pretty much focus on one of the comments.

The comment reads:

Quote :
CRACKDOWN 2 LOOKS LIKE A PS2 GAME, IT’S PATHETIC

Well firstly, this comment is pathetic because he acts as if graphics are the primary and most important aspect of a game. Fail.
But here's where it fails more. Crackdown has NOT got bad graphics.
It has a style called... CEL SHADED!

It's like when someone says Fable II has bad graphics. No, it has amazing graphics. It's just got a cartoony style on the character models:
Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics Fable-ii-20080821102205932_640w I mean look at the environments.

Look, here's a pic of an up close character in Crackdown 2:
Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics Crackdown2

It looks unrealistic mainly because of the black outlines but the actual texture detail of his outfit, the lighting effect and quality of his face look pretty damn good.

Now look at this:
Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics Crackdown_2_01
The ground has a bumper map surface, yeah but the bumps look small and..well, that's quite a lot of detail. It's not just a flat, plain ordinary texture like in... oh! UNCHARTED 2!!

Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics Uncharted_2_multiplayer_pre

Remember also, this is an open world game!
Let's compare it to another open world game:
Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics Infamous-20090508022711848_640wPs3 fanboys know nothing about graphics Users-Manual-A200.lnk

WOW! HUUUUGE DIFFERENCE!
lmao the explosions, amount of stuff flying through the air is way better in Crackdown than in InFamous. The graphics are virtually the same except that Crackdown has Cel-Shaded. Also remember Crackdown 2 will have 4 player free roam co-op! Think about it, 3 other friends roaming around the city with you or away from you doing the same or a completely different mission, jumping 100's of feet into the air, exploding hundreds of barrels & vehicles, etc.

Also there will be 16 player deathmatches & competitive multiplayer.
Yeah.... so while the graphics aren't impressive, they are better than you should expect for a game of this scale and PLUS, it just so happens to have this comicy style. It doesn't affect the graphics, just the appearance/art style.

So yeah... that's it really.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 8:42 pm

You can't compare a game that was released a year ago to a game released 3 years ago. The same way you can't compare a game that was released a year ago to a game comes out later this year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaz350z
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 5:11 am

-jaz350z- wrote:
You can't compare a game that was released a year ago to a game released 3 years ago. The same way you can't compare a game that was released a year ago to a game comes out later this year.

I wouldn't have if ps3 had any more free roam games coming out this year (which we have pics of).
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 6:04 am

PS3 fanboys comments are now merit less as they spit out anything they can think off which is against Microsoft and the XBOX 360.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:10 am

PS3 fanboys are irrelevant because their console is in last place.
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Ps3 fanboys dont know nothing about nothing.
Back to top Go down
Vogler

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:56 pm

Master_Chief wrote:

QFT
Back to top Go down
Static103
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Static103

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:34 pm

to be honest really ps3 has the best grpahics and crackdown 2's graphics arent that amazing. I prefer borderland's cel-shaded graphics to both crackdowns
Back to top Go down
360WNED
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:48 pm

spartan225 wrote:
Ps3 fanboys dont know nothing about nothing.
QFT&H
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:17 pm

I thought Crackdown 2 had 8 player coop?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:31 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Is it 8 player? If so that's even more impressive!! lol
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:04 pm

You have to remember that inFAMOUS has a better draw distance. It's like comparing BFBC2 to Uncharted 2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaz350z
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:18 am

crackdown 2 has cel shaded graphics..........like borderlands
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:24 am

-jaz350z- wrote:
You have to remember that inFAMOUS has a better draw distance. It's like comparing BFBC2 to Uncharted 2.
Infamous looked like crap. Horrible aliasing issues combined with low poly last gen looking character models. Definitley not a showcase game for PS3 by any stretch of the imagination.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:41 am

when ps3 fanboys are ignorant on many things
Back to top Go down
Fank
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fank

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:51 pm

I like Infamous, maybe not the graphics, but i like the game overall. The graphics arent that bad in infamous btw.
And i really like the cel-shade style of Borderlands, but i dont like the style of Prince of Persia... idk why exactly.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Crackdown 2 can't compete graphically. But Halo Reach and Alan Wake can.

Don't mix fanboyism with logic.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

logic fail?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 5:45 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

logic fail?

Crackdown 2 is technically impressive, just not graphically.
Back to top Go down
danny100
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 6:05 pm

I loved inFAMOUS but I have a fanboy ignoring policy.
Back to top Go down
begley

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:48 pm

no its the other way around. 360 fanboys cant recognise amazing graphics. a game with the scale of gow3 comes along and theycall it shite. o yh cus it aint on their system/
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Fank wrote:
I like Infamous, maybe not the graphics, but i like the game overall. The graphics arent that bad in infamous btw.
But they aren't that good either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:44 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Is it 8 player? If so that's even more impressive!! lol

I swear that's what they said at E3. That's why I was so excited about it. but this game would be possibly the greatest free roam game if it had destructable buildings. just imagine the mayhem Shocked Very Happy

and just for the sake of smiley's afro afro afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
killstopLEGEND

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:19 am

I'm a ps3 and 360 owner. Ps3 has better graphics. A blind person could see that. Uncharted 2 has the best graphics i've ever seen. But that doesnt make it a good game. Sure I enjoyed, but it wasnt the 60 bucks worth. Xbox 360 has better online and great games like mass effect and halo. And I really enjoy those games. It isnt all about graphics. Its all about gameplay!
Back to top Go down
killstopLEGEND

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:21 am

Master_Chief wrote:
I puked in my mouth when I read this... Im no fanboy but damn, you just said this word for word just like MLD... Mld fanboy much?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics   Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics Empty

Back to top Go down

Ps3 fanboys know nothing about graphics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next