This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your Favourite Ps3 Games?

Go down 
+18
Alan1994
Inuboy1000
Noelol
optimusprime
ZeInFormer
LittleBigGeek
Doominator99
Stigma
xjosh360s
Arbiteris
Blixtstorm
ghost23
Invincible
DarkSwarm85
Freemon34'
Lord_Orpheo
DemonWolf
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Your Favourite Ps3 Games? Empty
PostSubject: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Which games do you play most on ps3, do you like most or would you like to have if you had a ps3?
No, HellJumper, Halo doesn't qualify! lol

I don't have a ps3 but if I did I think I would want:

LittlebigPlanet (so addictive. Loved the psp version and when at a friends house I always play LBP on ps3)
Yakuza (Never played a Yakuza game but it looks badass!)
Heavy Rain (I thought it seemed gay at first but the dark atmosphere and alternate endings intrigue me)
Killzone 2 (I don't know, I may not like it but I did like the first game when everyone said it was shit soooo I dunno)
Demon Souls (maybe....everyone says it's mega hard)
Lair (I've not read much about it but it's one of the games which I always pick up and look at when in a game shop)

What about you? (this is just out of interest, really. To see what most 360 preferers consider the best games on the "opposing" system)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:38 pm

RESISTANCE!!!! am I right Freemon? lol

anyways, Killzone, LBP, UC2 online was very fun, and MNR. Those are my favorite PS3 games.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:39 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

anyways, Killzone, LBP, UC2 online was very fun, and MNR. Those are my favorite PS3 games.

Oh yeah, Resistance. That wouldn't be on my list but yeah, I forgot about that. Insomniac could turn it multiplat! :O lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:40 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Oh yeah, Resistance. That wouldn't be on my list but yeah, I forgot about that. Insomniac could turn it multiplat! :O lol

I HOPE SO!!! I love Resistance Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Demon's Souls and Disgaea 3 are what I'm playing at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Best / Favorite PS3 Games are:

"Folklore" - A beautiful fun Adventure / RPG with cool characters and a good story.
"God of War III" - Great Hack n' Slash Action.
"Heavenly Sword" - More akin to "Ninja Gaiden" than "God of War", a severely under-appreciated game.
"Heavy Rain" - Great Dramatic Adventure.
"Little Big Planet" - A game for everyone that caters to all interests.
"Metal Gear Solid 4" - Epic conclusion to the Solid Snake saga.
"Uncharted" - Great Action / Adventure hybrid.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:21 pm

Resistance 1
Uncharted 1 and 2
LBP
GOW: Collection
Ratchet And Clank Future
VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
inFAMOUS
MNR
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:26 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

..l.. (-_-) ..l.. Resistance 2.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:00 am

Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Resistance 1 > Resistance 2
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:21 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Duh, Resistance 2 is a disgrace to Resistance 1 and Resistance Retribution.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:31 am

3D Dot Game Heroes is a personal favorite. Anyone who grew up in the NES/SNES days should get a kick out of it. I would love to see Atlus make a Metroid clone.

Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:24 am

Uncharted is the only good one for me. God of War 3 was ok.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:25 am

Gran Turismo series... by far
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:27 am

Freemon34-YT wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

lol really? How come?

Wow a good psp game > a good ps3 game. That's unheard of XD
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:29 am

Invincible wrote:
3D Dot Game Heroes is a personal favorite. Anyone who grew up in the NES/SNES days should get a kick out of it. I would love to see Atlus make a Metroid clone.

Yeah that game does look really fun. I thought it would settle for the score it did but I bet content-wise it's like a AAA game really Razz

ghost23 wrote:

Really? lol Uncharted and God Of War are the two games in the ps3's AAA library that don't interest me. xD What about Killzone, man?

Blixtstorm wrote:

lol no point even asking you XD
It's always racing games isn't it?
Razz
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:35 am

demondragondude wrote:

Blixtstorm wrote:

Razz

True Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:38 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Blixtstorm wrote:

Razz

True Razz

Then get Midnight Club!! Very Happy
I sure as hell can't afford any games right now so I'm gonna tell you to buy games so you can play me. lol
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:47 am

demondragondude wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Blixtstorm wrote:

Razz

True Razz

Then get Midnight Club!! Very Happy
I sure as hell can't afford any games right now so I'm gonna tell you to buy games so you can play me. lol

Ill maybe order it if you get to the bloody chatbox!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:22 am

demondragondude wrote:

ghost23 wrote:

Really? lol Uncharted and God Of War are the two games in the ps3's AAA library that don't interest me. xD What about Killzone, man?
Razz

"Killzone 2" is pretty but boring. When it comes to visuals the game is awesome. Aurally it's also amazing. When it comes to gameplay, ehh, it's okay. "Killzone 2" is one of those games you enjoy while you're playing it, but once you put down the controller for the night you really don't want to come back. I had to push myself to finish "Killzone 2" as I really wanted to stop playing it three quarters of the way through. I spent maybe an hour or two in multiplayer tops and never went back; the combat's just not compelling enough.

What actually makes "Killzone 2" worse, and what a lot of fanboys and ignorant gamers don't talk about, is that the original "Killzone" for the PlayStation 2 is superior over it's sequel in every way that really counts. Before people start suggesting it, this is not nostalgia talking. I actually purchased "Killzone" and "Killzone 2" on the same day; I wanted to learn the backstory, I'm just that way.
  1. "Killzone 2" only lets you carry up to 2 weapons. "Killzone 1" allows you to carry up to 3 weapons.
  2. In "Killzone 2" you could hold only 1 Primary & 1 Secondary (a pistol) weapon. In "Killzone 1" you can hold 3 primary weapons.
  3. "Killzone 2" has one character you play as, Sev. "Killzone 1" has up to four characters you can play as.

I can understand why Guerilla Games limited the weapons in KZ2, it was to make it more realistic, but the weapon system was just more fun in the original game. Nothing beats being able to hold a sniper rifle for long range, an assault rifle for mid-range, and a shotgun for close range combat. While the weapons are a slight the real step backward came in character selection. In "Killzone 1" you began the game as a member of the RRF (Rapid Reaction Force) which is like a jack-of-all-trades character class. Primary weapon is an assault rifle. Makes for a very balanced playstyle. As you go through the game you encounter and recruit 3 other party members, the second of which is a Shadow Marshal. A Shadow Marshal is basically a frail sniper. She wields a silenced mini-sniper rifle and can use infrared vision to spot enemies and take them out from afar but dies pretty quick in close-quarters combat. You could actually stealth through entire levels if you chose to use the Shadow Marshal as your main character most of the time (which I did). The third character you recruit is Rico the ISA Regular, the same embittered war veteran you team up with in the second game. With high defense, slower movement speed, and a huge machine gun, this guy is a tank made for Run n' Gun gameplay. If you wanted to bum-rush enemies and wipe them out this was you man. The final character is a half-human / half-helghan spy who play a lot like the RRF class. The main difference with the spy is that he can use enemy weapons more efficiently and recovers a bit of HP after combat at a gradual pace (everyone else needs to use health packs). I get the impression that by the time you recruit him, if you believe the game has gotten too hard you can just stick with him to make it a bit easier. What makes the 4-party unit even more awesome as that the story and gameplay actually branched depending on the characer class you chose to play. The RRF was the main character so you could play the game it was meant to be played as him. The Shadow Marshal could climb ropes, shimmy across ledges, and crawl through ventilation ducts bypassing enemy encounters getting the drop on them from behind. The ISA Regular stuck by the main character a lot but would act as defense providing covering fire while the main character gathered intel or completed some other objective. The Spy could cross through certain enemy traps without triggering them and could also reprogram enemy automated turrets to attack the Helghast instead of you; at times this was invaluable. As you can see each character class was distinct and played a real role in gameplay and story. This was an amazing concept. Then comes "Killzone 2", here's one character class, the RRF, and that's it. What HAPPENED?!

While visually and aurally KZ2 easily beats KZ1, the gameplay in KZ1 is hands-down a better shooter over KZ2. I was dumbfounded why Guerilla chose to devolve it and can only hope it's corrected for the third installment, otherwise KZ1 will remain the best in the series.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:34 am

I like the Uncharted and Ninja Gaiden series.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:59 am

I disagree orpheo,I own the first one and have played the second killzone and the first one sucked.The graphical glitches were horrible,the game was overly hard(you take too much damage without much healthpacks),the voice acting was horrible(worse than the second),the story was not as interesting as the second and the weapons really did suck in the first.Killzone 1 had a few good levels,but the rest were boring,bland and not even action packed.The best level was the one where you can orbital bomb guys and when you destroy that bridge.Hell,the reviewers gave KZ1 a bad score,while praising KZ2 alot more.

The only thing I liked about the first one more than the second is that the main character is Jan Templar,who I like more than Sev
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:00 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Invincible wrote:

Yeah that game does look really fun. I thought it would settle for the score it did but I bet content-wise it's like a AAA game really Razz

It got a lot of bad reviews because it was too short. But come on, it was a budget title and it's still longer then GOW3! For people into retro stuff, it's a AAA experience.

I really liked inFAMOUS and Heavy Rain too.

Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Lord_Orpheo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

ghost23 wrote:

Razz

"Killzone 2" is pretty but boring. When it comes to visuals the game is awesome. Aurally it's also amazing. When it comes to gameplay, ehh, it's okay. "Killzone 2" is one of those games you enjoy while you're playing it, but once you put down the controller for the night you really don't want to come back. I had to push myself to finish "Killzone 2" as I really wanted to stop playing it three quarters of the way through. I spent maybe an hour or two in multiplayer tops and never went back; the combat's just not compelling enough.

What actually makes "Killzone 2" worse, and what a lot of fanboys and ignorant gamers don't talk about, is that the original "Killzone" for the PlayStation 2 is superior over it's sequel in every way that really counts. Before people start suggesting it, this is not nostalgia talking. I actually purchased "Killzone" and "Killzone 2" on the same day; I wanted to learn the backstory, I'm just that way.
  1. "Killzone 2" only lets you carry up to 2 weapons. "Killzone 1" allows you to carry up to 3 weapons.
  2. In "Killzone 2" you could hold only 1 Primary & 1 Secondary (a pistol) weapon. In "Killzone 1" you can hold 3 primary weapons.
  3. "Killzone 2" has one character you play as, Sev. "Killzone 1" has up to four characters you can play as.

I can understand why Guerilla Games limited the weapons in KZ2, it was to make it more realistic, but the weapon system was just more fun in the original game. Nothing beats being able to hold a sniper rifle for long range, an assault rifle for mid-range, and a shotgun for close range combat. While the weapons are a slight (disappointment?)the real step backward came in character selection. In "Killzone 1" you began the game as a member of the RRF (Rapid Reaction Force) which is like a jack-of-all-trades character class. Primary weapon is an assault rifle. Makes for a very balanced playstyle. As you go through the game you encounter and recruit 3 other party members, the second of which is a Shadow Marshal. A Shadow Marshal is basically a frail sniper. She wields a silenced mini-sniper rifle and can use infrared vision to spot enemies and take them out from afar but dies pretty quick in close-quarters combat. You could actually stealth through entire levels if you chose to use the Shadow Marshal as your main character most of the time (which I did). The third character you recruit is Rico the ISA Regular, the same embittered war veteran you team up with in the second game. With high defense, slower movement speed, and a huge machine gun, this guy is a tank made for Run n' Gun gameplay. If you wanted to bum-rush enemies and wipe them out this was you man. The final character is a half-human / half-helghan spy who play a lot like the RRF class. The main difference with the spy is that he can use enemy weapons more efficiently and recovers a bit of HP after combat at a gradual pace (everyone else needs to use health packs). I get the impression that by the time you recruit him, if you believe the game has gotten too hard you can just stick with him to make it a bit easier. What makes the 4-party unit even more awesome as that the story and gameplay actually branched depending on the characer class you chose to play. The RRF was the main character so you could play the game it was meant to be played as him. The Shadow Marshal could climb ropes, shimmy across ledges, and crawl through ventilation ducts bypassing enemy encounters getting the drop on them from behind. The ISA Regular stuck by the main character a lot but would act as defense providing covering fire while the main character gathered intel or completed some other objective. The Spy could cross through certain enemy traps without triggering them and could also reprogram enemy automated turrets to attack the Helghast instead of you; at times this was invaluable. As you can see each character class was distinct and played a real role in gameplay and story. This was an amazing concept. Then comes "Killzone 2", here's one character class, the RRF, and that's it. What HAPPENED?!

While visually and aurally KZ2 easily beats KZ1, the gameplay in KZ1 is hands-down a better shooter over KZ2. I was dumbfounded why Guerilla chose to devolve it and can only hope it's corrected for the third installment, otherwise KZ1 will remain the best in the series.

Oh wow. I didn't expect such an in-depth response but it was really interesting to read. I'm surprised they took so much out. Tbh I found Killzone 1 more fun than Halo 1 (I never completed either though) but yeah, the way you put it I'm guessing I wouldn't prefer KZ2 to Halo 3. lol
But yeah...what surprises me about this though is how the ratings between KZ1 and KZ2 are completely different. Kz1 was completely ripped apart by critics. They thought it was mediocre or shit. Killzone 2 they say it's a billion times better, yet it sounds like the only difference is graphics (and obviously its really stripped down). Killzone 1 had multiplayer too. So are the only changes slightly tighter animation and better graphics? :/ To go from not even single-A rating to mid-triple A is a jump for such small changes. I'm honestly surprised. Now you've put me off from KZ2 Sad Damn you!!! lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:13 pm

HellJumper wrote:
I disagree orpheo,I own the first one and have played the second killzone and the first one sucked.The graphical glitches were horrible,the game was overly hard(you take too much damage without much healthpacks),the voice acting was horrible(worse than the second),the story was not as interesting as the second and the weapons really did suck in the first.Killzone 1 had a few good levels,but the rest were boring,bland and not even action packed.The best level was the one where you can orbital bomb guys and when you destroy that bridge.Hell,the reviewers gave KZ1 a bad score,while praising KZ2 alot more.

The only thing I liked about the first one more than the second is that the main character is Jan Templar,who I like more than Sev

Graphical glitches? Dude, there was texture pop-in, yes but Gears and Mass Effect have that. Don't play the blame game!! lol
Yes it was hard but didn't you love the great atmosphere? The great war-simulation type feeling? Perhaps I'm a bit more positive towards it because it was the first FPS I got into, really (other than the James Bond games). But I thought it was impressive, being in the trenches with those red-lighted eyed helghast running at you, pumping bullets into you. It got so frantic and exciting. And it's been a while so I can't remember but couldn't you mix-n-match weapon features or something?
The voice acting was fine I thought, but yeah...there was a lack of lip syncing in game.
And yes, Templar's cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:36 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

lol really? How come?

Wow a good psp game > a good ps3 game. That's unheard of XD

Um they combined crouch and sprint, they took out all the horror style missions, they limit you to two guns like in Call of Duty. The list can go on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite Ps3 Games?   Your Favourite Ps3 Games? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite Ps3 Games?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Sony-
Jump to: