This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars

Go down 
+20
txtman8094
M3A7L04F
DemonWolf
MasterDebator
GeneralMLD
Stoney
Boba_Fett
Teckno
DarK
Mr. Awesome
ghost23
Ozsem
NightFang91
Alan1994
Spartan v07
Arbiteris
Blixtstorm
Madtoker
Invincible
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars Empty
PostSubject: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:00 pm

He makes some valid points. The response from MLD should be interesting.

Last edited by Invincible on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:03 pm

everything he says is true, its gonna be hard for mld to say anythingunless he drops the whole "sales" argument
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:04 pm

He is not worth responding too... You see he cant respond back..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Zeph already thrown down alot of shokio's arguements and watching both zephs and shoks...Im definitly listening to zeph
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:15 pm

they don't count in the console wars ,that's like saying ps2 and xbox games count just because the systems are backward compatible.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:48 pm

Shokio is hella annoying. I know for most of his video he was being sarcastic. But come on, decline in Xbox 360 exclusive? Microsoft is extending to another market but it's not letting go of it's core market. Quite honestly Shokio is a joke he talks shit about the X360 by implying it's a featureless console when he is defending the least ambitious console of all time.

General MLD might not have the best arguements ever as to why one console is better than the other but god damnet the Wii sucks...I mean seriously come on.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

General MLD might not have the best arguements ever as to why one console is better than the other but god damnet the Wii sucks...I mean seriously come on.
Well, yeah, that's like, just your opinion, man.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Wait wasn't he a PS3 fanboy in the past. Remember the fued between him and Samueltehg33k.

Zeph says it best why the PS1 classics don't count.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Shokio is hella annoying. I know for most of his video he was being sarcastic. But come on, decline in Xbox 360 exclusive? Microsoft is extending to another market but it's not letting go of it's core market. Quite honestly Shokio is a joke he talks shit about the X360 by implying it's a featureless console when he is defending the least ambitious console of all time.

lol featureless? It's the most feature rich console ever,they brought xbl marketplace,xbl,netflix and countless other features while ps3rd is the one that is barebones just following MS moves. Also shokio is going into late 2008 mode thinking 360 exclusives are in decline,MS has not revealed their 2011 lineup yet.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

That's just your opinion. Wii has almost outsold 360 and PS3 put together so it can't suck that much. And the fact that MS and Sony are both launching hardware to try to chip away at their market share really says something.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Invincible wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

That's just your opinion. Wii has almost outsold 360 and PS3 put together so it can't suck that much. And the fact that MS and Sony are both trying to chip away at their market share really says something.

i like wii but most of the wii fanbase is causal and they don't really know about games like us. just have to point that out...
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:06 pm

Invincible wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

That's just your opinion. Wii has almost outsold 360 and PS3 put together so it can't suck that much. And the fact that MS and Sony are both trying to chip away at their market share really says something.

There is almost nothing about the Wii that is next gen/current gen (whatever you want to call it now). And again, I don't support MLD's sales arguements because Sales =/= quality.

"And the fact that MS and Sony are both trying to chip away at their market share really says something."

Yea, it says where the money is at. Doesn't mean the Wii is actually a decent console. If people want to buy last gen hardware with a minor facelift then I'm not going to stop them, that doesn't damn well mean it's the best damn console.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:07 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
Invincible wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

i like wii but most of the wii fanbase is causal and they don't really know about games like us. just have to point that out...

I think that's just a stereotype. Sure there's lot's of families who only use Wii for party nights and haven't a clue about real hardcore gaming. But I know lot's of gamers who have a Wii/PC or PS3/Wii set-up and couldn't care less about casual games.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:08 pm

oh just shut up mate, no one cares about the wii
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:13 pm

sales is not quality but sometimes its good and sometimes companies don't deserve it. Like sony deserves to be in last for having an ugly ui,bad online despite promising a good one back in 2006,forced installs for a lot of games and multiple patches for a lot of games.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

lol featureless? It's the most feature rich console ever,they brought xbl marketplace,xbl,netflix and countless other features while ps3rd is the one that is barebones just following MS moves. Also shokio is going into late 2008 mode thinking 360 exclusives are in decline,MS has not revealed their 2011 lineup yet.

That's the thing though, Microsoft announces MOST of their titles about a year away from their release. Sony announces MOST of their titles 2-3 years away from their release dates (some longer apart, some shorter apart). So now you got Mr.Nintendoisthegreatestandilooklikewillsmith rambling on about how the X360 "has no gaemss!! when he doesn't even have the decency to consider that fact.

The X360 is also a way more of a feature-rich console than the Wii, and even argueablly the PS3 (minus Blu-ray playback)....like I said his arguements are trash at best.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
sales is not quality but sometimes its good and sometimes companies don't deserve it. Like sony deserves to be in last for having an ugly ui,bad online despite promising a good one back in 2006,forced installs for a lot of games and multiple patches for a lot of games.

You are missing the point. Sales is mostly generated by public attractions. The Wii's biggest marketing strength was the fact it was a video game system designed to be an entertainment/exerscise system.

And this is exactly why I hate the Wii, it's not thinking forward. It didn't push the boundry in graphics, online play, media functionality,or any of that jazz.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

You are missing the point. Sales is mostly generated by public attractions. The Wii's biggest marketing strength was the fact it was a video game system designed to be an entertainment/exerscise system.

And this is exactly why I hate the Wii, it's not thinking forward. It didn't push the boundry in graphics, online play, media functionality,or any of that jazz.

well nintendo tried that the last 2 gens and it didn't work out for them,cant really blame them.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Awesome
Seaman
Seaman
Mr. Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:

Sony has a decent online. Seeing that I have been on both PSN and Xbox Live I really can't tell the difference in quality. Both hate me equally.

Alan1994 wrote:
that doesn't damn well mean it's the best damn console.
Why not? I still believe the N64 is the greatest console and that isn't even last gen.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Invincible wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

There is almost nothing about the Wii that is next gen/current gen (whatever you want to call it now). And again, I don't support MLD's sales arguements because Sales =/= quality.

"And the fact that MS and Sony are both trying to chip away at their market share really says something."

Yea, it says where the money is at. Doesn't mean the Wii is actually a decent console. If people want to buy last gen hardware with a minor facelift then I'm not going to stop them, that doesn't damn well mean it's the best damn console.

Still, just your opinion. Wii has sold the most hardware, software and has the two highest rated exclusives this generation. That means it's at the very least a decent console.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Mr. Awesome wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

Sony has a decent online. Seeing that I have been on both PSN and Xbox Live I really can't tell the difference in quality. Both hate me equally.

Alan1994 wrote:
that doesn't damn well mean it's the best damn console.
Why not? I still believe the N64 is the greatest console and that isn't even last gen.

no online sucks on it,it's just like ps2 except they finally use 1 username. it disconnects,not unified at all like some games have features others don't ,no one talks,no reporting cheaters,etc i can go on for a while. also mgo didn't even use your "psn" name.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Awesome
Seaman
Seaman
Mr. Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
no online sucks on it,it's just like ps2 except they finally use 1 username. it disconnects,not unified at all like some games have features others don't ,no one talks,no reporting cheaters,etc i can go on for a while. also mgo didn't even use your "psn" name.

Live disconnects me just as much as PSN.

I've never found a cheater on PSN. However, I constantly suspect others on Live to be cheating (perhaps because how the kids act). I do agree that hardly anyone owns a mic for the PS3 but I don't see much use for it really as I have never found a game whose player base uses tactics, everyone goes ubermencsh and attacks everyone by himself.

I don't have any problem with MGO. It plays great and everything is balanced.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Mr. Awesome wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

Live disconnects me just as much as PSN.

I've never found a cheater on PSN. However, I constantly suspect others on Live to be cheating (perhaps because how the kids act). I do agree that hardly anyone owns a mic for the PS3 but I don't see much use for it really as I have never found a game whose player base uses tactics, everyone goes ubermencsh and attacks everyone by himself.

I don't have any problem with MGO. It plays great and everything is balanced.

then your connection is not good, psn dc way more,go see multiple sites and you will see them say the same thing. they cheat on psn all the time,they glitch in uncharted and resistance. and about mgo i mean that it did not use your psn name you had to make a separate one. nothing is unified,since no oen talks i feel like im playing bots. downloads are tremendously slow compared to live,profiles load slow,etc
Back to top Go down
Mr. Awesome
Seaman
Seaman
Mr. Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
then your connection is not good, psn dc way more,go see multiple sites and you will see them say the same thing. they cheat on psn all the time,they glitch in uncharted and resistance. and about mgo i mean that it did not use your psn name you had to make a separate one. nothing is unified,since no oen talks i feel like im playing bots. downloads are tremendously slow compared to live,profiles load slow,etc

Or it could mean that both blow.

I see people cheat on Halo and CoD as well. It's not just localized to PS3 owners.

MGO forces you to make a username so you can have more than one account. I don't see a point to this but it made them money so it's not my problem.
Back to top Go down
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DarK

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Mr. Awesome give it a break PSN fucking blows full stop.Everybody knows it.A lot of us have PS3s and have played on PSN.Its sucks
Your making yourself look like an idiot trying to defend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars Empty

Back to top Go down

Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next