This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Review of Halo Wars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Review of Halo Wars Empty
PostSubject: Review of Halo Wars   Review of Halo Wars EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:51 pm

This game went to what Halo was originally going to be, an RTS, this was made by Ensemble Studios.

Story

"Captain's report, February 4th, 2531. Five years, five long years. That's how long it took us to get Harvest back..."
-Captain Cutter

You play from the bird's eye view of Captain Cutter, from the UNSC ship Spirit of Fire. Throughout the story you participate in the defense of a couple worlds while looking for something that the Covenant are after that was shown to our protagonists through a Forerunner artifact. You must then figure out what is at the planets it showed and stop them. The story is pretty generic though, it is not bad but not one of the best works ever.

Three Spartans from Omega Team
Review of Halo Wars 88766-hw_prima_blog_04_01_super

Gameplay

"Spirit of Fire, this is Red Team. We are 100 meters from Ander's transponder signal... Meeting strong resistance. Seein' some pretty crazy stuff out here, over."
-Jerome

The gameplay, since it is a console exclusive, is not on par with PC RTS games because of the lack of controls, the game is still very fun and not broken. The control layout is perfect for a console RTS, but still not on par with a M/KB. In typical RTS fashion, various leaders have a focus and various character exclusive abilities and faction exclusive abilities. If you want a real RTS though, then stick with your PC, but if you like console games or just like games that are fun, then you can get it.

A large fight between the UNSC and Covenant
Review of Halo Wars Halo-wars-20090123100436128

Graphics

Not that bad, at least the units don't look cartoonish that much when zoomed in and or out, thought it would have been nice if the camera could at least zoom out more then it can now. The cutscenes are very nice to look at.

Music

A little different then the usual rehash-remix normally common in Halo, it is good enough to pass for Halo music.

Pretty fun, if that is what you are looking for, if you want something hardcore then look to the PC.

Last edited by Deus Ex Machina on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo Wars   Review of Halo Wars EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:53 pm

It's far from being a great RTS, but it's pretty good for a console RTS. *coughwatereddownstarcraftcough*
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo Wars   Review of Halo Wars EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 12:50 am

TRF wrote:
It's far from being a great RTS, but it's pretty good for a console RTS. *coughwatereddownstarcraftcough*

They're actually very different...

But with that being said did you know that Korea loved Halo Wars so much they gave it it's own show?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo Wars   Review of Halo Wars EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:03 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

But with that being said did you know that Korea loved Halo Wars so much they gave it it's own show?
I know, I was joking. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo Wars   Review of Halo Wars EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:41 am

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Oh, of course, how could I have missed it through text? Perhaps if there was a smiley, like so Razz, I would have noticed it.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo Wars   Review of Halo Wars EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:54 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Oh, of course, how could I have missed it through text? Perhaps if there was a smiley, like so Razz, I would have noticed it.
I figured you would have remembered when I was saying that to you on Xbox LIVE like two weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo Wars   Review of Halo Wars EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:24 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

What is up with Koreans with their RTSs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo Wars   Review of Halo Wars EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 10:06 am

I personally love this game. Sure its not a traditional RTS like PC RTS's such as Crusader and Starcraft but its still very fun. I loved the campaign, but the multiplayer is awesome. 3v3 matches are so much fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo Wars   Review of Halo Wars Empty

Back to top Go down

Review of Halo Wars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: