This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is XBL extortion?

Go down 
+8
Frank2368
DemonWolf
Arbiteris
raspymanic1
DarkSwarm85
ghost23
TRF
Stigma
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Is XBL extortion?
Yes it is
Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 Vote_lcap56%Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 10 ]
No it's not
Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage

Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is XBL extortion?   Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:51 pm

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Well then sell your 360 and buy a PS3.If EVERY console manufacturer had crappy online,I wouldnt mind PSN and would pay for XBL,but as it stands, XBL has the best online
Yes, the 360 does have the best online, but PSN is far from a crappy service, and I mean FAR.

Yeah, PSN is actually pretty good for free. WAY underrated.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Is XBL extortion?   Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:36 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Well then sell your 360 and buy a PS3.If EVERY console manufacturer had crappy online,I wouldnt mind PSN and would pay for XBL,but as it stands, XBL has the best online
Yes, the 360 does have the best online, but PSN is far from a crappy service, and I mean FAR.

Doubting the wii and its lack of lag on SSBB now Jubjub?!?!?!?! Get back to making my sandwich!!!!
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Is XBL extortion?   Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:54 pm

Errr?

Admittingly I don't use every single feature Gold has to offer, but you know what? IMO, the pricing ISN'T THAT BAD. The only problem for MOST people is the principle of the thing (you buy a game, and then you have to pay for a specific feature.)

40-60 bucks a year, on a serious note, is NOTHING to the average hardcore gamers who probably buy atleast 6-7 games a year anyways. For those that have huge families, they even have family plans at like 100 bucks ( I believe? ) for 4 accounts.

XBL is still by far the best online service. The general user friendliness of XBL and the UI by far beats PS3/PSN. And honestly, even if multiplayer was free I would still pay 4-5 bucks a month for those ingame UI features that make managing your friendslist and organizing games with your friends that much easier.

This is my honest opinion on Live, and all of the complaining about the price makes me LOL on the inside. You have other options. Microsoft isn't forcefully taxing you while you play Xbox. Just don't be a Live Gold member, or simple just get a PS3 if PSN satisfies your needs for multiplayer. And this is assuming that you have financial issues and a really tight budget to where you can't possibly sacrifice a couple bucks per month on top of what you are already paying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is XBL extortion?   Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:01 am

Eiffel 65 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Doubting the wii and its lack of lag on SSBB now Jubjub?!?!?!?! Get back to making my sandwich!!!!

You fail, so much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Is XBL extortion?   Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:07 am

Frank2368 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
It's arguable..

I personally am not too bothered with the price. But yeah, I guess you could say it is rather expensive....but just compare it to Sky.
Sky you pay like £15 a month or something isn't it? Maybe more?
And you get access to a lot of tv channels.
Well xbl is cheaper and it allows you to play any of your multiplayer-games online on stable servers.
The games I play online are:

Timeshift
Halo 3
Midnight Club LA
Gears Of War
Gears Of War 2
Crackdown
Shadowrun
Frontlines
Red Dead Redemption
The Darkness

That's okay imo. 10 games to play online, then loads of demos and access to other downloads, cool features and flexible chat.
But yeah, I don't think it's extortion but I do think we could get a bit more for what we pay.

XBL doesn't use servers, it's all P2P Razz

Not exactly. Some are dedicated.
But Microsofts maintains the multiplayer on games like MW2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Is XBL extortion?   Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:12 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
It's arguable..

I personally am not too bothered with the price. But yeah, I guess you could say it is rather expensive....but just compare it to Sky.
Sky you pay like £15 a month or something isn't it? Maybe more?
And you get access to a lot of tv channels.
Well xbl is cheaper and it allows you to play any of your multiplayer-games online on stable servers.
The games I play online are:

Timeshift
Halo 3
Midnight Club LA
Gears Of War
Gears Of War 2
Crackdown
Shadowrun
Frontlines
Red Dead Redemption
The Darkness

That's okay imo. 10 games to play online, then loads of demos and access to other downloads, cool features and flexible chat.
But yeah, I don't think it's extortion but I do think we could get a bit more for what we pay.

XBL doesn't use servers, it's all P2P Razz

Not exactly. Some are dedicated.
But Microsofts maintains the multiplayer on games like MW2.

Left 4 Dead 2 uses dedicated servers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is XBL extortion?   Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:52 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Left 4 Dead 2 uses dedicated servers.

Not very good ones IMO but yes, they are dedicated.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Is XBL extortion?   Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:57 pm

For fucks sake, PSN doesn't provide dedicated servers to developers. I hate the moron who came up with that rumor to justify PSN being better than Live.

Publishers provide the dedicated servers to games.

Most of the titles on both Xbox and PS3 use P2P netcoding since it's a cheaper method for game developers and publishers.

Sony provides dedicated servers to SOME of their first party games (MAG, KZ, Resistance), but even the best multiplayer PS3 exclusives use P2P (UC2, MGS4).

Hell even Microsoft provided dedicated servers for Forza Motorsport 3.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Is XBL extortion?   Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:45 pm

I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I never payed 50 dollars for one year of gold. I get it cheaper.

Most of the time I play split-screen multiplayer which I feel is way more fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is XBL extortion?   Is XBL extortion? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is XBL extortion?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: XBox Live-
Jump to: