This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011

Go down 
+12
Pickles
ghost23
DarkSwarm85
TRF
Stigma
DemonWolf
zinc
Alan1994
GeneralMLD
Arbiteris
Ozsem
Stoney
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:42 pm

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/10/gears-of-war-3-delayed-until-fall-2011/1

Microsoft and studio Epic Games have pushed back the release of shooter Gear of War 3 until the 2011 holiday season.

"Gears of War 3 promises to be the biggest entertainment launch of 2011. The teams at Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games have done great work thus far readying the title for release in the spring of 2011. However, we've elected to move the launch of Gears of War 3 until fall 2011 to make it the marquee title for the holiday season," reads a statement from both companies on the Gears of War website.

The game, which was revealed last April, was orginally slated to hit stores in April 5, 2011.

Among the fresh additions anticipated for Gears of War 3 is a four-player cooperative campaign, confirmed through Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski via Twitter.

The game will also feature a Beast mode, a cooperative option where players can work together as the enemy Locusts.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Yeah just heard now. Shame, but I think it will still be a good game.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:07 pm

Thats not too bad.My B-day is in the fall so I might get it with that.

Well, scince its delayed it gives epic time to polish the game.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:29 pm

makes sense.

get maximum buzz and sales from the peak shopping season.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Stupid! I was looking forward to this in the spring! Oh well
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:41 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
makes sense.

Screw sales, I don't want to wait another 5 months to play a game that was supose to come out this year.
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:43 pm

lol saw this coming.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
makes sense.

Screw sales, I don't want to wait another 5 months to play a game that was supose to come out this year.

umm no,it was sopposed to come out next year.It just got delayed till later next year.Which is perfectly fine
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
makes sense.

umm no,it was sopposed to come out next year.It just got delayed till later next year.Which is perfectly fine

There regular release windows for Gears games is 2 years. It's not fine for me, I have to wait longer to play the GOTY for 2011.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Fair enough. It's not as if we've been waiting 5 years. *nudge nudge*

But yeah, tbh I had no plans on getting it soon anyway. I've not got plans to get any games soon, I'm planning on buying guitar stuff. like pedals or whatever. So no Reach, no battlefield bad company 2 and no Gears 3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:55 pm

So it sells better? wtf...
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:45 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
makes sense.

There regular release windows for Gears games is 2 years. It's not fine for me, I have to wait longer to play the GOTY for 2011.
It's so hysterical that you think it will be the best game of 2011.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:23 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
makes sense.

Well its his oppinion. I find how you think Rainbow Six vegas is the best shooter out there hysterical

Plus, you dont know what the best game next year will be until the games come out.its very possible that Gears 3 could own those ps3 games next year.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:30 pm

It would sell millions of copies regardless of release date. I can understand if they needed the delay to polish the game up, but wtf?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
makes sense.

Well its his oppinion. I find how you think Rainbow Six vegas is the best shooter out there hysterical

Plus, you dont know what the best game next year will be until the games come out.its very possible that Gears 3 could own those ps3 games next year.
Here's the thing: I'm willing to bet money that The Elder Scrolls V will be out by the end of 2011. THEREFORE, any and all games will be rendered horrible in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:43 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
It would sell millions of copies regardless of release date. I can understand if they needed the delay to polish the game up, but wtf?

They said that they are delaying so they can have it for the holiday AND so epic can polish the game.And Gears 3 will sell alot more in holiday season then it would in april
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:45 pm

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
makes sense.

Here's the thing: I'm willing to bet money that The Elder Scrolls V will be out by the end of 2011. THEREFORE, any and all games will be rendered horrible in comparison.

I doubt it will be released this gen.It would be foolish too.this gen is almost over so why release it on consoles that are soon going to "die".and looking at the TES history, they usually have one for every generation.Morrowind for 6th gen, oblivion for 7th gen and TES V for 8th gen

Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:46 pm

I don't mind, this is even good if you think about it. Gives them more time to refine multiplayer after that atrocious failure of a multiplayer that was Gears of War 2.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:47 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
makes sense.

I doubt it will be released this gen.It would be foolish too.this gen is almost over so why release it on consoles that are soon going to "die".and looking at the TES history, they usually have one for every generation.Morrowind for 6th gen, oblivion for 7th gen and TES V for 8th gen

This gen is far from over. Plenty of games left for the 360/ps3
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:49 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
makes sense.

Yeah, but each gen is longer than the last. BethSoft has stated that they are almost done with their next game, and that it will release shortly after they announce it. All hints point to a new TES game. We're getting off-topic. I'm sure Gears of War 3 will be a great game, and I was only joking when I said that it was hysterical that he thought it was going to be the best game of 2011.

ghost23 wrote:
I don't mind, this is even good if you think about it. Gives them more time to refine multiplayer after that atrocious failure of a multiplayer that was Gears of War 2.
It wasn't half-bad. They just need to improve the servers and they're good to go.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:50 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
makes sense.

I'm a fan of Gears of War, and they announced only a few of the new features that are going to be in Gears 3 yet I'm still excited for it. Besides, few other games that year actually interest me.

I love it how it annoys certain people when I show my love toward a game. It's as if it threatens other people's opinions.

Then again, I guess it's my fault that I didn't put "IMO". Because everytime I state an opinion and leave out IMO, people go apeshit over it.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
makes sense.

I'm a fan of Gears of War, and they announced only a few of the new features that are going to be in Gears 3 yet I'm still excited for it. Besides, few other games that year actually interest me.

I love it how it annoys certain people when I show my love toward a game. It's as if it threatens other people's opinions.

Then again, I guess it's my fault that I didn't put "IMO". Because everytime I state an opinion and leave out IMO, people go apeshit over it.
Wait, so you're saying that WASN'T a fact you were stating?! Well, slap me across the face and call me Rihanna, I had no idea. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:52 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
makes sense.

This gen is far from over. Plenty of games left for the 360/ps3

Not from whats happening.Analyists are saying the new console will probally be release in 2 or 3 years.Plus there has been rumors of a new xbox in the making.And for nintendo too I think.

Plus the devs have said that the power of all 3 consoles have been reached.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:55 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
makes sense.

Wait, so you're saying that WASN'T a fact you were stating?! Well, slap me across the face and call me Rihanna, I had no idea. Shocked

Yea suprising right? I own so many people on this forum sometimes it's hard to think that I'm human. bounce

Last edited by Alan1994 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Plus the devs have said that the power of all 3 consoles have been reached.
Developers say that all the time. Remember when Hideo Kojima said that Metal Gear Solid 4 maxed out the PS3? A year or so later, the PS3 had games that made MGS4 look last-gen. Hell, even Alan Wake surprised me. I didn't think the 360 was capable of making such a fantastic-looking game, and that only came out a few months ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011   Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gears of War III delayed until Autumn 2011
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: The Games-
Jump to: