This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player

Go down 
+11
lVlysTicaL NiT3
J77
clawbytes
Ducky
C_Panda
DemonWolf
Arbiteris
orca464
M3A7L04F
Blixtstorm
Master_Chief
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player Empty
PostSubject: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 5:58 am

Not that we didnt already know this.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3561
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:04 am

66% LOL!!!

100% buy a 360 to play on it, and it sell more Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:14 am

LOL.
And the Brownies say that the 360 when has no games when all they use it for is for movies.
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
orca464
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
orca464

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:44 am

and another goes on the list
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:05 am

LOL,i just read the comments and many ps3 fanboys are ranting about it being the BEST blue-ray player in the world.Pretty much all blu-ray players do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:40 am

I'm not surprised, considering games sell quite badly on ps3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:12 pm

Well that further proves the software charts for september.
Back to top Go down
Ducky
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 1:38 pm

well i gues thats wat ps3 sorta set out to do as one of its goals to be the spearhead of blu ray sales in the movie distribution market.... guess its done its job well sunny lol the fanboys are making a huge meal about it though
Back to top Go down
clawbytes

clawbytes

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 7:46 pm

This explains the morons trolling the forums who don't know what they're talking about.

"Ps3 is teh greatest!!"
"Blu ray makes better graphics!!!"
"Ps motion controller isn't a copy paste of the Wiimote!!!"
Back to top Go down
J77
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:56 pm

but but...they got bblluuuueeeeerrrraaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
lVlysTicaL NiT3
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
lVlysTicaL NiT3

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:02 pm

Duh, Isn't this what I've been saying all along. It's one of the factors that go into the "horrible PS3 sales" when in fact most people don't buy it as a gaming console in mind.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:53 pm

Sony seems to advertise Blu-Ray more than its games, thats why.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:19 pm

orca464 wrote:
and another goes on the list

lol are you going to take all of these interesting studies and facts and make a mega-pwnage video? xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
tehpanterafan
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:15 am

Arbiteris wrote:
LOL,i just read the comments and many ps3 fanboys are ranting about it being the BEST blue-ray player in the world.Pretty much all blu-ray players do the same thing.
Yea, but the PS3 Blu-Ray player is top-of-the-line (or at least was at launch), AND it's firmware-upgradeable, which is a feature that a lot of standalone Blu-Ray players don't have. And buying a PS3 is like saying, "Yea, you're getting a Blu-Eay player, but for an extra $100, I'll throw in the ability to play some awesome games (despite how much people hate the PS3 here, it does have a lot of good games) and do some other extra stuff. So, yea, it is a pretty good Blu-Ray player, actually.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:26 am

tehpanterafan wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Yea, but the PS3 Blu-Ray player is top-of-the-line (or at least was at launch), AND it's firmware-upgradeable, which is a feature that a lot of standalone Blu-Ray players don't have. And buying a PS3 is like saying, "Yea, you're getting a Blu-Eay player, but for an extra $100, I'll throw in the ability to play some awesome games (despite how much people hate the PS3 here, it does have a lot of good games) and do some other extra stuff. So, yea, it is a pretty good Blu-Ray player, actually.
So youre a Pantera fan? I saw Pantera 5th row for their Vulgar Display of Power tour. Heres my favorite song from them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq1EKlTzEP4
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:51 am

Master_Chief wrote:
tehpanterafan wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
So youre a Pantera fan? I saw Pantera 5th row for their Vulgar Display of Power tour. Heres my favorite song from them.

isn't that everyone favorite Pantera song?
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 7:10 am

CannibalShinobi wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
tehpanterafan wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Propably. If it isnt then it should be. lol
Back to top Go down
tehpanterafan
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
tehpanterafan wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Propably. If it isnt then it should be. lol
Here's my favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYPFrXvc2rE
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:51 pm

LOL,the other say a ps3 fanboy PM me on youtube saying this was all wrong.
Back to top Go down
Humantargetman
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Humantargetman

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:42 pm

Wait, is this study saying 66% watch blu-rays, or that 66% buy it solely for blu-ray?
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:36 pm

Humantargetman wrote:
Wait, is this study saying 66% watch blu-rays, or that 66% buy it solely for blu-ray?
Doesnt really matter since the study shows that PS3 is driving bluray movie sales yet PS3 game sales are pretty pathetic so that right there should tell you something.
Back to top Go down
Humantargetman
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Humantargetman

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:10 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Humantargetman wrote:
Doesnt really matter since the study shows that PS3 is driving bluray movie sales yet PS3 game sales are pretty pathetic so that right there should tell you something.
I don't think Blu-ray is to blame for the poor sales. Because when you think about it there are double the amount of 360s as there are PS3s. For most multiplats, the attach rate is pretty similar on both consoles.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:18 pm

Humantargetman wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Humantargetman wrote:
I don't think Blu-ray is to blame for the poor sales. Because when you think about it there are double the amount of 360s as there are PS3s. For most multiplats, the attach rate is pretty similar on both consoles.
Haha, what?! 360 has the the highest attach rate in gaming history. Ps3 is not even relatively close to 360s staggering 8.7 software attach rate. And, Ps3 is about 10 million units behind in worldwide sales. Thus, there isn't double amount of 360s.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Humantargetman wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Humantargetman wrote:
Theres only about 7 million more 360s world wide so how is that double? Secondly the attatch rate is quite lower on PS3 and thirdly I didnt blame bluray for poor sales but pointed out thats what alot of PS3 owners are buying instead of games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:28 pm

About 24 million PS3s were sold. Meaning only 8 million actually bought it for gaming, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player   NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player Empty

Back to top Go down

NPD study shows most people buy PS3 as a bluray player
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: