This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

modern warfare 3

Go down 
+8
sxyness2themax
Noelol
yonny616
Stoney
ghost23
Ihsahn
cigar
Shin_Akuma
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:08 pm

http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1145244p1.html

Jesus Christ, didn't Modern Warfare 2 come out like half a year ago? Didn't Black Ops JUST come out?
Well, I think I'm only going to rent it because I followed the story. I have a feeling people will still gobble that shit right up.

feels bad man.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:31 pm

One every year, bro. It's the Activision/Kotick business plan: Reuse the engine over and over without adding significant gameplay changes and it's still going to sell like Faygo at an ICP concert. As long as bullshit keeps selling, more bullshit is going to come out to satiate the masses (Prototype 2, anyone?).

Don't see how you're so surprised, BLOPS is essentially the 7th main entry in the series (that's without even bringing up the spin-offs) and that's a hell of a lot of games for any franchise. The fact that a series that isn't even a decade old can crank out so many games means that quality has never been a concern. MW3 was redundant, and so is MW4.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Fuck CoD and fuck yearly sports games.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:38 pm

The thing that pisses me off most is that it will probably end up breaking Black Ops record for highest sales in 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:29 am

I hope this series gets milked into the ground I really do.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:06 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Already has. Hasn't been a good game since COD4.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:13 am

Ihsahn wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
Already has. Hasn't been a good game since COD4.
No I mean to the point where people stop buying it.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:14 am

I'm not sure that'll ever happen. People still buy Madden yearly and they don't even sell half as well as CoD.

Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:16 am

Ihsahn wrote:
I'm not sure that'll ever happen. People still buy Madden yearly and they don't even sell half as well as CoD.

I sort of agree, but I understand the reason why sports games sell and why they'll keep selling. Flavor-of-the-month games like CoD tend to burn themselves out, just like Guitar Hero. You start forcing that many games down peoples throats and they'll stop caring.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:20 am

I only hope so. Kotick is a fucking dirtbag.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:01 am

I wouldn't be a bitter about this game being successful if only Bobby Kotick would fuck off. Or at least not copy/paste the same game every year. Mad
Back to top Go down
yonny616

yonny616

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Is this even news? everyone knows Call of Duty is a milked franchise
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/MrYonny616
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:01 pm

What is up with COD!?
Back to top Go down
sxyness2themax
Seaman Recruit

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:37 pm

see this is what happens when developers get that "not broken,dont fix it" mentality *cough* blackcowsonice *cough*
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:11 pm

LOL OK I was talking about the gameplay. Like what can they do with the gameplay if they're given 2 years? I hate CoD cause it comes out yearly, I just said that Infinity Ward gets to say that because they get 2 years. They can't DO anything to the gameplay. When I said that, I was saying IW shouldn't get the blame; Activision should.

Also, World at War was decent and Black Ops was mediocre-OK because of the funny zombie mode and Wager Match is fun for like a week before you realize it's still the same thing-kill, kill, kill, if the objective is capture the flag, then kill kill kill.

If Raven makes some innovation with Modern Warfare 3 in the multiplayer, then we can blame IW. Because they were given 2 years, too.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:46 am

To make this game fresh they should add like destructible environments or something. Just to warrant a purchase of this game for me.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:14 am

Gimmicks like destructible environments won't save this game.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:57 am

OK, some things, like 3D and political zombies, are gimmicks. Destructible environments ARE NOT GIMMICKS. They're fun and tactical, and they create a whole new playing level and strategic thought. Skill may actually be involved in FPSes with destructible environments.

But they need more than destructible environments. We're due for 4 games worth of innovation (WaW, MW2, BlOps, MW3). They need an understandable plot--screw Hans Zimmer, hire Stephen King and get some licensed songs. They also need more length in their singleplayer. If singleplayer keeps on being shit and they charge 60 (a multiplayer only should cost at most 45) then that's Activision shitty greedy fucking a-holes faults. They also need a funner co-op mode, MW2's was shit, and BlOps got old, fast. Campaign co-op w/ split-screen co-op will do. And they need more new modes. Think of some, IW, think! And don't just try and copy CS or other games like BlOps, but actually think of new modes. Also, implement more skill-requiring gameplay mechanics. Completely redo the perks (Sleight of Hand, Bling, Steady Aim, and Ninja can stay, Marathon/Lightweight/Stopping Power HAVE to go, others have to be altered), redo the weapons, no Akimbo on anything, anything at all, not anything at all but pistols (semi-auto and auto pistols). Make open maps with alot of buildings that you CAN'T GET INTO. Also, no hiding spots or camping places or anything like that, make sure all corners are reflex angles. As for gameplay, I'd recommend making Hardcore playlists for ALL of the modes, putting in dedicated servers, and making Hardcore no respawn till next round. Take out ALOT of the HUD, you can't see enemies AT ALL and objectives shouldn't be labeled on the HUD. Games will take more time and gamers will explore the maps more, also take out reload-keep-bullets-from-last-clip, make scoping longer, make the guns less powerful and more balanced, no semi-auto snipers, no optics for snipers other than scopes, all 1-shot shotguns should be pump-action. For suspense, take away the fact that you can see your ammo, so you don't know if you should reload (waste ammo?) or not (run out in firefight)?, the only way you should know is that you take out your magazine and it tells you whether it's light or heavy.
NO KILLSTREAKS WHATSOEVER.
Predetermined spawn points. It'd be ALOT more of a team game if this happened.

Oh, yeah. Vehicles. 2 tanks, 2 helis, 2 jeeps, one on each side of the spawn bases. LMGs can take out planes and helis, FMJ bullets (only available to snipers, but there IS more damage) and LMGs can take out the engine of a tank (so that it can still fire, but it can't move) so the LMG can finish it off, and anything can pop the wheels off a jeep (which is essentially just a really fast car).

THIS WOULD SAVE THE FUCKING SERIES AND LAUNCH YOUR SALES TO 2 BILLION DOLLARS PER DAY
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:07 pm

No, destructible environments are gimmicks in their current iteration. What can be blown up is overshadowed by big maps with a lot of empty space, essentially making it "blow up cover if you're attacking." There is no strategic thought to it.

I'm all for destructible environments, but it needs to be revamped from its current iteration.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:46 pm

OK what about everything else I said Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sxyness2themax
Seaman Recruit

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:04 am

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
OK, some things, like 3D and political zombies, are gimmicks. Destructible environments ARE NOT GIMMICKS. They're fun and tactical, and they create a whole new playing level and strategic thought. Skill may actually be involved in FPSes with destructible environments.

But they need more than destructible environments. We're due for 4 games worth of innovation (WaW, MW2, BlOps, MW3). They need an understandable plot--screw Hans Zimmer, hire Stephen King and get some licensed songs. They also need more length in their singleplayer. If singleplayer keeps on being shit and they charge 60 (a multiplayer only should cost at most 45) then that's Activision shitty greedy fucking a-holes faults. They also need a funner co-op mode, MW2's was shit, and BlOps got old, fast. Campaign co-op w/ split-screen co-op will do. And they need more new modes. Think of some, IW, think! And don't just try and copy CS or other games like BlOps, but actually think of new modes. Also, implement more skill-requiring gameplay mechanics. Completely redo the perks (Sleight of Hand, Bling, Steady Aim, and Ninja can stay, Marathon/Lightweight/Stopping Power HAVE to go, others have to be altered), redo the weapons, no Akimbo on anything, anything at all, not anything at all but pistols (semi-auto and auto pistols). Make open maps with alot of buildings that you CAN'T GET INTO. Also, no hiding spots or camping places or anything like that, make sure all corners are reflex angles. As for gameplay, I'd recommend making Hardcore playlists for ALL of the modes, putting in dedicated servers, and making Hardcore no respawn till next round. Take out ALOT of the HUD, you can't see enemies AT ALL and objectives shouldn't be labeled on the HUD. Games will take more time and gamers will explore the maps more, also take out reload-keep-bullets-from-last-clip, make scoping longer, make the guns less powerful and more balanced, no semi-auto snipers, no optics for snipers other than scopes, all 1-shot shotguns should be pump-action. For suspense, take away the fact that you can see your ammo, so you don't know if you should reload (waste ammo?) or not (run out in firefight)?, the only way you should know is that you take out your magazine and it tells you whether it's light or heavy.
NO KILLSTREAKS WHATSOEVER.
Predetermined spawn points. It'd be ALOT more of a team game if this happened.

Oh, yeah. Vehicles. 2 tanks, 2 helis, 2 jeeps, one on each side of the spawn bases. LMGs can take out planes and helis, FMJ bullets (only available to snipers, but there IS more damage) and LMGs can take out the engine of a tank (so that it can still fire, but it can't move) so the LMG can finish it off, and anything can pop the wheels off a jeep (which is essentially just a really fast car).

THIS WOULD SAVE THE FUCKING SERIES AND LAUNCH YOUR SALES TO 2 BILLION DOLLARS PER DAY
u asked me how they could improve CoD games. this is the answer Razz altho it wouldnt be successful or else games like MAG &WARHAWK would have sold milrons of copys. the average frag head CoD player gives a crap about tactics & teamwork , they jst like shooting people & getting kill streaks. & if it wont be successful then i doubt activision would do this. theyll jst stick to the good`ol cod4 engine as long as they can Laughing
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:47 am

Oh God damnit, they better not be as bad as Infinity Ward. If they make a good game with a GOOD campaign I will consider it.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 4:48 pm

I need an understandable plot with at least 8 hours of gameplay. That was CoD4 on Veteran, and I adored that.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 7:19 pm

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
I need an understandable plot with at least 8 hours of gameplay. That was CoD4 on Veteran, and I adored that.

I hate those harder difficulties in FPS games... It's not that they're hard, but its the same shit: Walk for a while, hide behind something and kill dudes from far away, close in on them, get shot a little, hide and get the ketchup out of your face, peek through cover and shoot some motherfuckers, die, restart checkpoint, repeat the process ad infinitum. At least autosaves on PC games allowed you the option to be cheap or not, but nowadays shooters have so many checkpoints that the challenge is completely gone and anyone with the patience to die a few times can beat Reach on Legendary.

As for the plot, the only FPS with a plot that doesn't suck holy ass is Bioshock. I'm not expecting Saving Private Ryan, I'm expecting action and pretty explosions
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:08 pm

cigar wrote:
BlackCowsOnIce wrote:

I hate those harder difficulties in FPS games... It's not that they're hard, but its the same shit: Walk for a while, hide behind something and kill dudes from far away, close in on them, get shot a little, hide and get the ketchup out of your face, peek through cover and shoot some motherfuckers, die, restart checkpoint, repeat the process ad infinitum. At least autosaves on PC games allowed you the option to be cheap or not, but nowadays shooters have so many checkpoints that the challenge is completely gone and anyone with the patience to die a few times can beat Reach on Legendary.

As for the plot, the only FPS with a plot that doesn't suck holy ass is Bioshock. I'm not expecting Saving Private Ryan, I'm expecting action and pretty explosions

Please be sarcastic... Action and pretty explosions? Sure, they're cool in sparse amounts, but too much is just eye roll-inducing.

WHAT I EXPECT IN AN FPS:
As for singleplayer, I'm expecting intriguing story, deep characters, a sense-making plot that isn't one set objective through the entire game (aka LAWL SHUUT DUH TERRORHISTS) and complex conflicts. Half-Life, MGS, and Mass Effect come to mind.

As for gameplay, I'm expecting simple shooting with a high fun factor and multiple ways to kill things. Bioshock comes to mind: simple shooting with Plasma that really ups the playing field. CoD4 had a high fun factor. Bad Company 2 had destructible environments. TF2 had an amazing class system. Fallout 3 mixed 2 genres and did them both right.

As for graphics and music, graphics should change at least one thing about an already existing engine. HDR, destructible environments, facial expressions, etc. should all be minorly improved, or one of them really improved. It should also achieve what it set for: it should be realistic if it wanted to be realistic, it should be cartoonish if it wanted to be cartoonish. Music shouldn't litter the game and should be mainly in menus, right before facing a boss and right after ONLY, in the credits and beginning, and after a match ends and before one begins in multiplayer. Focus on graphics and music should be at most 10 percent of the focus on stuff like story, gameplay, etc. TF2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Modern Warfare 2, and Half-Life 2 come to mind.

As for multiplayer, if it's the main focus it should be fast. Modes should have their own maps a la TF2. There should be dedicated servers. There should be TDM, CTF, Domination or VIP (VIP meaning one player is designated a VIP and should be escorted to the checkpoint safely), and 2 innovative game modes. There should also be customization: aka coloring guns, alot of playable models, and either pre-set classes with mildly customizable guns for each (guns for pre-set class-based games shouldn't be as customizable as TF2 but more customizable than BC2). Customizable classes should feature lots of guns, some sort of perk/armor system, and NOTHING CHEAP. Please. Also, there should be bases and not random spawn points. And tactical-ness should be ENFORCED, because no one in the community will optionally be team-based and tactical at this point for consoles (BC2 does a good job of enforcing teamplay). Also, there should be periodical free updates (or 400 MS Points because M$ enforces payment) that include maps, guns, etc. CoD4 in 2007-2008, TF2, Counter-Strike, L4D, DoD:S come to mind.

END OF DREAM GAME
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

modern warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern warfare 3   modern warfare 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

modern warfare 3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: