This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Netflix is on PS3 starting next month

Go down 
+7
cannibalshinobi
DemonWolf
DuDZZ
hatmantc
C_Panda
J77
Humantargetman
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Netflix is on PS3 starting next month - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:57 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
thats good for the 9 million people in america who got a PS3, too bad the majority got it for blu ray and not online standard definition movies. funny how all the sudden we get 1080p streaming and they finally get netflix. playing catch up i see. soon they will have built in facebook and twitter and all the PS3 fanboys will change their tones about those services.
QFT Sony is copying everything MS does as they keep trying to play catchup. First it was trophies copying achievements and then we hear theyre going to have cross game voice chat like 360 has already had for quite a long time and now Netflix. Sony cant even come up with their own ideas as they live in MS shadow trying to catch up with all of 360s features.
Qft!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 5:08 pm

C_Panda wrote:
Humantargetman wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
Netflix on Ps3 will do horribly compared to 360s netflix. Firstly, you need to use a DVD at all times on your Ps3 until firmware comes out, and the subscription for netflix on ps3 is more money compared to 360s subscription price. What's funny is the netflix Ceo said he wanted netflix on a console with a large install base, and Ps3 isn't it. It should have been the Wii. Come January, investors are going to be mad at netflix for chosing ps3 because they will have a relatively low subscription rate, and because of he contradictory statements of the netflix Ceo.
Wow, subscription is more for PS3? haven't heard of that.
Anyways as for sky TV
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/news-features/news/sky-290509.htm
Here they're talking about football(as in soccer)
And another link I found using google:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/29/live-sky-tv-coming-to-xbox-360-in-uk-and-ireland-hooligan-avata/
Yes, I believe 360 subscription is $8.99//month, and Ps3 fee is $14/month.

That's not correct. It doesn't cost anything other then your basic $8.99 netflix membership fee to stream movies to your PS3. The disc is free and will be shipped out by netflix for free. My bet is this will eventually hit the Wii too.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 5:12 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
Humantargetman wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
Netflix on Ps3 will do horribly compared to 360s netflix. Firstly, you need to use a DVD at all times on your Ps3 until firmware comes out, and the subscription for netflix on ps3 is more money compared to 360s subscription price. What's funny is the netflix Ceo said he wanted netflix on a console with a large install base, and Ps3 isn't it. It should have been the Wii. Come January, investors are going to be mad at netflix for chosing ps3 because they will have a relatively low subscription rate, and because of he contradictory statements of the netflix Ceo.
Anyways as for sky TV
http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/29/live-sky-tv-coming-to-xbox-360-in-uk-and-ireland-hooligan-avata/

That's not correct. It doesn't cost anything other then your basic $8.99 netflix
membership fee to stream movies to your PS3. The disc is free and will be shipped out by netflix for free. My bet is this will eventually hit the Wii too.
Yea, and I bet it'll do better on Wii then Ps3.
Back to top Go down
fonderplague
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
fonderplague

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:57 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
thats good for the 9 million people in america who got a PS3, too bad the majority got it for blu ray and not online standard definition movies. funny how all the sudden we get 1080p streaming and they finally get netflix. playing catch up i see. soon they will have built in facebook and twitter and all the PS3 fanboys will change their tones about those services.
QFT Sony is copying everything MS does as they keep trying to play catchup. First it was trophies copying achievements and then we hear theyre going to have cross game voice chat like 360 has already had for quite a long time and now Netflix. Sony cant even come up with their own ideas as they live in MS shadow trying to catch up with all of 360s features.

It's funny because before PS3 fanboys got that stuff like cross game chat it "didn't matter" or they weren't going to use it even if sony got it. Now that it's going to PS3 fanboys are like "watch out xbox next it's your exclusives we get"

Seriously...a fanboy said that once.
Back to top Go down
Humantargetman
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Humantargetman

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:19 am

C_Panda wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
Humantargetman wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
Anyways as for sky TV

That's not correct. It doesn't cost anything other then your basic $8.99 netflix
membership fee to stream movies to your PS3. The disc is free and will be shipped out by netflix for free. My bet is this will eventually hit the Wii too.
Yea, and I bet it'll do better on Wii then Ps3.
Maybe since Wii has a larger userbase, but I think there's also less Wiis online though.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 8:45 pm

Oh wow, they're not intetgrating netflix into Xmb until late next year. So, you have to use the disk until next fall. Why not wait till next year when everything works seamlessly? Oh yea, that's right, Sony is trying to hard to catch up. And, Ps3 isn't move 2.8 million users to netflix like 360 did.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:01 pm

Netflix on Ps3? Ive had fanboys BRAG about their netflix before and they are now coming out with it? Im lost. Wow, ps3 fanboys can only go so far cant they?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Netflix is on PS3 starting next month
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2