This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Hey guys, I just bought Oblivion last week and all i have to say is that its AMAZING.It got hooked first thing.This game PWNS fable 2.I recently had a file that i beat the main story,but then i became a dreaded vampire and tried to get rid of it.Then that damn glitch occured that prevents me from turining back into normal.Then i learned that it happens if you beat the main story(which i already did).So i recently started another file.I hate becoming a vampire.I got the special edition version that comes with both of the expansions.Im confused a bit

I installed both of the expansions but i am having difficulty starting them.

For shivering Isles expansion,the booklet says i need to wait 24 hours ingame,then i will recieve a message saying theres a portal opened or somethin.Do i have to play the game for 24 hours?Or do i need play a day in the game?I already waited over 24 hours in the game but nothin changed.I have no idea what to do.I need help

For the knights of the Nine expansion it says i need to talk to a ambassador in front of the Anvil Chapel.I went to the chapel multiple times and never saw anyone other than the normal people that go there.

I know i installed both expansions because when i installed them it said there installed and told me to put in disc 1.Im so confused lol!
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:05 pm

No,, you dont have to play for 24 hours, the thing is that some of the updates/downloads takes alot of time to get "calibrated" in to the game, but if you dont get the quest "A strange door in Niben Bay", just go there and swim out to it, then it will activate.

I agree with you, its one of the best games ever, but not the same as Fable... Fable is a "fun" rpg while TES4 is a "awesome" game and extremly big, ive been playing it for 100 hours and have much more to do on it.

Now, about the thing in Anvil, ask around for the "prophet", then they will say that he's outside the chapel preaching and really hard to miss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
No,, you dont have to play for 24 hours, the thing is that some of the updates/downloads takes alot of time to get "calibrated" in to the game, but if you dont get the quest "A strange door in Niben Bay", just go there and swim out to it, then it will activate.

I agree with you, its one of the best games ever, but not the same as Fable... Fable is a "fun" rpg while TES4 is a "awesome" game and extremly big, ive been playing it for 100 hours and have much more to do on it.

Now, about the thing in Anvil, ask around for the "prophet", then they will say that he's outside the chapel preaching and really hard to miss.

k thx.Ill try it.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Well,you can comapre fable 2 and Oblivion.Just because there not the same rpg you can still compare other things.The Oblivion story is TEN times better than fable 2's.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Ohhh I've never got round to completing it.
Theres just too much stuff to do xD
I've only ever played it for 10 hours....
Ah well, just because of this thread I'm going to try to play it again lol Very Happy It really is an amazing game but I personally prefer Fable 2 ( I borrowed it off a friend, loved it and will buy it soon).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Btw notice how bad the animation is when you jump? xD
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:33 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Ohhh I've never got round to completing it.
Theres just too much stuff to do xD
I've only ever played it for 10 hours....
Ah well, just because of this thread I'm going to try to play it again lol Very Happy It really is an amazing game but I personally prefer Fable 2 ( I borrowed it off a friend, loved it and will buy it soon).

Dont get me wrong.i still love fable 2.Its just that you can do so many more neat stuff in oblivion.I can beat Fable 2 in a couple of hours.There isnt many quests.I still havnt beat Oblivion and ive played it for days.Im hoping fable 3 will be good.But i feel there taking away to much freeedom in the falbe games with fable 3.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:34 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Btw notice how bad the animation is when you jump? xD

Yea,the graphics are the only downside.But Its not like Oblivion is new.It was created in 06.Fable 2 was realeased like last year.BIg time difference.Oblivion's grpahics arent bad though.Just not great
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:51 pm

lol good points.
Btw have you played around with the ragdoll physics yet? Very Happy

(Aim at a part of a dead body or any object and hold onto the LB button and move the analog stick around)
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:59 pm

pspvampire wrote:
lol good points.

(Aim at a part of a dead body or any object and hold onto the LB button and move the analog stick around)

Nope,never tried.Trust me,once you beat fable 2 maybe once or twice you will get bored of it.The first fable was ALOT better.Heck,fable 2 even had more glitched than Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:04 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
lol good points.

Nope,never tried.Trust me,once you beat fable 2 maybe once or twice you will get bored of it.The first fable was ALOT better.Heck,fable 2 even had more glitched than Oblivion.

Hehe try it, it's really cool. Ah well, I still want fable 2 Razz I love it!!!
Btw, a tip for the future. Later on you'll meet this dude called Glarthir who will tell you to kill Bernadette Peneles and will give you 1000gold.
Don't do it because then you'll get caught by the guards. Instead, show Bernadette the note he gave you and then she'll tell you show the guards it. Show a random guard it and he will go kill Glarthir. Follow him, after Glarthir is dead, search his body and steal his house key. Inside his house is a basket that holds 800gold and there are also loads of objects scattered around his house that you can steal and sell for loads of cash. Smile
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:06 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
lol good points.

Btw, a tip for the future. Later on you'll meet this dude called Glarthir who will tell you to kill Bernadette Peneles and will give you 1000gold.
Don't do it because then you'll get caught by the guards. Instead, show Bernadette the note he gave you and then she'll tell you show the guards it. Show a random guard it and he will go kill Glarthir. Follow him, after Glarthir is dead, search his body and steal his house key. Inside his house is a basket that holds 800gold and there are also loads of objects scattered around his house that you can steal and sell for loads of cash. Smile

LOL,i already did that.Thx anyways Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:10 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
lol good points.

Ah good!
lol I'm loading my old game instead of my newer one because I've lost track of my progress. Razz So I've just done that part again lol
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:11 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
lol good points.

Ah good!
lol I'm loading my old game instead of my newer one because I've lost track of my progress. Razz So I've just done that part again lol

Wana know the unlimited money glitch?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:23 pm

Yes please xD I never used any cheats or glitches last time I played.

Very Happy Btw Im doing the slaughterfish mission thing xD so sorry if I'm a little slow at replying
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:03 pm

OMFG I didnt know that I was always just doing side quests! :O I'm actually doing the main Oblivion quest xD

Well I closed the first gate lol
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:52 pm

I dont like oblivion I like fallout 3
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:31 pm

pspvampire wrote:

Very Happy Btw Im doing the slaughterfish mission thing xD so sorry if I'm a little slow at replying

Well,theres a dude in an plaza district of impreial city named dorian.You can find him in his house.Kill him and search him.he should have 16 gold.When you take the gold,you get the gold but it doesnt disapear from dorian.So you can keep taking gold out of his pocket.Its pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:33 pm

Hey guys,im still having trouble getting the kinghts of the nine and shivering isle expasions to work.I cant find any island in niben bay that has the gate.Cant fin anything about th knights of the nine dude.I havnt gotten the quest message for shivering isles.i need help
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:36 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
pspvampire wrote:

Well,theres a dude in an plaza district of impreial city named dorian.You can find him in his house.Kill him and search him.he should have 16 gold.When you take the gold,you get the gold but it doesnt disapear from dorian.So you can keep taking gold out of his pocket.Its pretty easy.

Wow! Thanks a lot. I'm gonna do it now!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:46 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
pspvampire wrote:

Hmmm didn't work. He had 11 gold and it's not reappeared.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:57 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
pspvampire wrote:

Really?Thats really strange.It worked for me.Are you sure its dorian?You can find the trick on youtube.Do you have it for PC or 360?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:03 pm

Hey pspvampire,if you want to complete Oblivion watch out for the Vampire cure glitch.If you fight Vampires you can get infected.3 days after you will turn into a vampire.There is a glitch that prevents you from finisihing the "vampire cure quest".Being a vampire can be good and bad.Once you ghet the cure and drink it(during the quest),you cant turn into a vampire again.BUT,theres a glitch which prevents you from getting the cure.

When you do the quest you need to get ingredients for the vampire cure potion.One of the ingredients is bloodgrass(found in oblivion itself).If you complete the main quest BEFORE you finish the vampire cure quest then the person wont except the bloodgrass to make the potion.Thus,preventing to from turning back normal.

I suggest you get infected(fight vampires),do the vampire cure quest BEFORE you finish the main storyline quest.This glitch made me start a whole new file afterwards.Kinda sucked
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:05 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
pspvampire wrote:

Really?Thats really strange.It worked for me.Are you sure its dorian?You can find the trick on youtube.Do you have it for PC or 360?

I have it for 360 and yes it is Dorian :S
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:07 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
pspvampire wrote:

I have it for 360 and yes it is Dorian :S

errrr,ummmm.My best guess is go on utube and search up the trick.Ive seen people commenting on the same problems you are having.I think there was a solution.Im not sure.It worked for me.Im at a lost.Srry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!   Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is AMAZING!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next