This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ya know what really sucks about PS3...

Go down 
+4
Arbiteris
Master_Chief
daveMastaKill
Mr. Cole Drake
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

Ya know what really sucks about PS3... Empty
PostSubject: Ya know what really sucks about PS3...   Ya know what really sucks about PS3... EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 5:08 pm

Two words; Game Updates. Version 1.01 came out for Uncharted 2 the other day and it took me 11 tries to get the thing to download! By the time it finally decided to work, I didn't even feel like playing anymore. I haven't been able to play little big planet online in a month because it won't let me download the 25th update they've released for it. Seriously, I downloaded a patch for LBP a few months ago (which took forever.) Then I go to play it again a few days later and there's another fucking update. It wouldn't be that big a deal for me if it would work the first try, but it never, never, never does. It always takes at least 15 minutes of trial and error before it cooperates. I posted this problem on a Sony board trying to find a way to fix it and people called me a lier! (Granted, some people did try to help, but nothing worked) I know I'm not the only one who has this problem. All my friends have PS3s too and they have to go through the same shit on a regular basis.

But yeah, game updates on the PS3 are a fucking nightmare.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Ya know what really sucks about PS3...   Ya know what really sucks about PS3... EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 5:14 pm

True.....yesterday i was to a friends house to play some PS3 games and when he put little big planet it took at least 8 minutes for a 22 mb update lol.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ya know what really sucks about PS3...   Ya know what really sucks about PS3... EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 5:23 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
True.....yesterday i was to a friends house to play some PS3 games and when he put little big planet it took at least 8 minutes for a 22 mb update lol.

Hell, that sounds like paradise compared to the shit I have to go through. I wouldn't mind waiting the 8 minutes if it didn't constantly freeze on me.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Ya know what really sucks about PS3...   Ya know what really sucks about PS3... EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:00 pm

I'm in the MAG beta and you wouldn't believe all the crap you had to download. Took forever too.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Ya know what really sucks about PS3...   Ya know what really sucks about PS3... EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 7:29 pm

Do you guys know what REALLY sucks about the ps3.......EVERTHING!!!Just kidding.
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Ya know what really sucks about PS3...   Ya know what really sucks about PS3... EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 3:17 am

that UC2 update took me no time to download. so maybe you need to open up your ports on yoru router.

that mag update though was god awful
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ya know what really sucks about PS3...   Ya know what really sucks about PS3... EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:54 am

hatmantc wrote:
that UC2 update took me no time to download. so maybe you need to open up your ports on yoru router.

What do you mean by open the ports on my router?

I was told by several people I'm experiencing these problems because I don't have "Nat 2" when my PS3 connects to the internet. Well, I did an connection test and I already had Nat 2 the whole time.
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Ya know what really sucks about PS3...   Ya know what really sucks about PS3... EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 1:49 pm

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=96392

opening up your ports makes things a bit smoother for your connection.
Back to top Go down
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

PostSubject: Re: Ya know what really sucks about PS3...   Ya know what really sucks about PS3... EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:11 pm

it took me 5 hours to download everything into my new PS3 and it took me 2 minuets for my new elite. LOL when i put MGS4 in it took another hour to install before i could play.
PS3 sucks balls.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/game0reviews
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ya know what really sucks about PS3...   Ya know what really sucks about PS3... EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 4:01 pm

Yikes, sounds like hell. I would probably get used to it if I owned the system but, wow. How annoying. xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alex
Seaman Recruit
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Ya know what really sucks about PS3...   Ya know what really sucks about PS3... EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 4:19 pm

I have never experienced any of the things you guys are talking about. You could be having these problems due to a bad connection to psn or even though it says nat type 2 you really don't have nat type 2. go search on youtube or if you want a link I'll give you one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ya know what really sucks about PS3...   Ya know what really sucks about PS3... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ya know what really sucks about PS3...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: