This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

XBOX 360's answer to MAG

Go down 
+15
Thebruteslayer17
dreadraptor85
GeneralMLD
hatmantc
Zombl337
M3A7L04F
Blixtstorm
Mr. Cole Drake
C_Panda
cjasko94
daveMastaKill
Master_Chief
tehpanterafan
343_Guilty_Spark
DemonWolf
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

XBOX 360's answer to MAG Empty
PostSubject: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:56 pm

THE SECRET WORLD: DARK DAYS ARE COMING
Imagine if every myth, conspiracy theory and urban legend was true. Imagine if your worst nightmare came to life. Imagine a world where vampires hunt for mortal blood in dingy London nightclubs, where werewolves lurk in the sewers beneath Seoul, and where the undead prey on the living in the shadows of New York City. This is the premise for «The Secret World», Funcom's upcoming massively multiplayer online game set in the modern day real world.

AGE OF CONAN
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures is a fantasy-themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by the Norwegian computer video game developer company Funcom and published by Eidos Interactive for PCs. The game launched on May 17, 2008 for those who had pre-ordered the game and registered for early access; the full release of the game for North America was May 20, 2008 and for Europe May 23, 2008 for the PC version. Although originally announced as being available for the Xbox 360, the console version is at least a year behind schedule.
Hyborian Adventures is the first installment in the planned Age of Conan series. Age of Conan itself takes place within the continent of the Hyborian kingdoms, a year after the events depicted in Robert E. Howard's Conan novel, The Hour of the Dragon.
Funcom confirmed to Eurogamer that the MMORPG will definitely come to Xbox 360. Said AoC Project Manager Erling Ellingsen.

CHAMPIONS ONLINE
Champions Online is a subscription-based, superhero-themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game by former City of Heroes/Villains developer Cryptic Studios based on the Champions license. The game has been released for Microsoft Windows and the game is also tentatively being developed for the Xbox 360. The game's rules and setting are loosely based on the HERO System ruleset.
Atari's earnings statement says the game will be released on "PC in September 2009, X-Box in Q3" of its 2009/2010 fiscal year. Atari's financial year runs from April to March, which would put release of the 360 version sometime between October and December of this year.

APB
APB (All Points Bulletin) is an upcoming massively multiplayer online video game for Microsoft Windows (and Xbox 360) based in urban sprawls and featuring two sides, Enforcement and the Criminals. Players may join either the Enforcers or the Criminals, and form sub-groups in these. The game design is led by David Jones, creator of the original Grand Theft Auto and Crackdown, and is being developed by Realtime Worlds.
The game takes place in a modern-day, fictional city where there is a constant battle between "Enforcement" and "Criminals", and the player will need to decide to which Faction they want to belong. The two sides battle out for control of the city, with territory within the city being contested continually 24 hours a day, so that players must concern themselves with both offensive and defensive moves.
Despite the fact that All Point Bulletin's official site only lists the game for the PC, a spokesperson for the game has confirmed otherwise. APB was announced to be published by Electronic Arts. The game's official site only listed the game for PC after the announcement. However, it is still coming to Xbox 360.
A spokesperson told TeamXbox, "We're not giving details out at the moment, but it is being developed for Xbox 360."

HUXLEY: THE DYSTOPIA
Huxley is a massively multiplayer online first person shooting game utilizing the UNREAL3 engine to create a world of up to 5,000 players in the same gaming environment (and up to 200 players per battle). Huxley takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where human beings have mutated and are divided into two opposing races, Sapiens and Alternative. At the center of the battle for survival is Lunarites, a promising new energy source highly coveted by both races. Forced to battle against one another for the continuance of each race, Sapiens and Alternatives will do whatever it takes to wipe out the opposition and gain control of the world and its resources.
It was said that the Xbox 360 version was scrapped but on the official site, the 360 version is still there:
http://www.huxleygame.com/huxley_xbox360.php
It will have a release after the pc version.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 4:53 pm

Isn't Mag an FPS and those are all various kinds of RPG and Adventure type of games?

Don't worry though, Mag will lose all it's steam as soon as the multiplatform Dust 514 comes out. IT will be the better game and Mag will fall into it's shadow forever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
tehpanterafan
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 5:29 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Isn't Mag an FPS and those are all various kinds of RPG and Adventure type of games?
I think MAG technically counts as an MMO because of all of the players per match you can have. I doubt any of those listed will stand up to MAG, because console MMOs aren't the most popular.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 5:54 pm

I'm in the MAG beta and it really isnt all that. Pretty generic actually.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:38 pm

Ok now seriously, who the fuck needs M.A.G. when we got Battlefield: Bad Company 2? Fuck M.A.G. i say.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:40 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Ok now seriously, who the fuck needs M.A.G. when we got Battlefield: Bad Company 2? Fuck M.A.G. i say.
I agree. Battlefield Bad Company 2 blows MAG right out of the water and will sell way more copies.
Back to top Go down
cjasko94

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:02 pm

battlefield Bad Company 2 is not exclusive.
So....if Master_Chief is not talking exclusives I still think SOCOM Confrontation is better. Even though I only played the MAG BETA so I should judge the game yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cjasko94
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:11 pm

cjasko94 wrote:
battlefield Bad Company 2 is not exclusive.
So....if Master_Chief is not talking exclusives I still think SOCOM Confrontation is better. Even though I only played the MAG BETA so I should judge the game yet.
So what if its not exclusive? Its still on 360 and looks better than either MAG or Socom.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:14 pm

I can't wait for secret world mmo.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:17 pm

Master_Chief wrote:

Don't you have to pay $25 a year for Qore to get into the Mag beta? I thought only the hardcore PS3 fans paid for that shit...
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 4:18 am

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

Don't you have to pay $25 a year for Qore to get into the Mag beta? I thought only the hardcore PS3 fans paid for that shit...
Nope you sure dont. I got an email from Sony inviting me to register for the beta so I did and a couple of days later they sent me a beta key. Alot of other people did too. Qore didnt start offering it until way after Sony sent random email beta registrations out. Qore subscribers were the last people to get in the beta before it went public. And I dont subscribe to or even bother with Qore. Nice try but no cigar.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 4:40 am

Master_Chief wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
I agree. Battlefield Bad Company 2 blows MAG right out of the water and will sell way more copies.

Theres a rumour of "Battlefield 3" is in development, with 128 players, now every FPS is nothing compared to any of the Battlefield series......
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

Theres a rumour of "Battlefield 3" is in development, with 128 players, now every FPS is nothing compared to any of the Battlefield series......
EA said they were working on Battlefield 3
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 4:12 pm

Huxley & Dust 514 are counters to MAG, but I will NOT pay a monthly fee to play any game.
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:10 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

that was on of the few ways to get in. the others were pre-order the game, or get them off other websites
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:11 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
Huxley & Dust 514 are counters to MAG, but I will NOT pay a monthly fee to play any game.
already do with LIVE fee though.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 6:04 pm

hatmantc wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

that was on of the few ways to get in. the others were pre-order the game, or get them off other websites
And also emails from Sony with a link to the MAG site where you fill out a beta registration. Thats how I got in.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 6:30 pm

hatmantc wrote:
Zombl337 wrote:

I pay a YEARLY fee of $39.99 (I get discounts on subscriptions from the internet), which equates to $3.33 a month, but that is for ALL XBOX LIVE ENABLED GAMES.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 6:31 pm

i dont see why we need a MAG competitor.............modern warfare 2 takes a shit on it and i dont even need to see MAG to know that.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:20 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
hatmantc wrote:
Zombl337 wrote:

I pay a YEARLY fee of $39.99 (I get discounts on subscriptions from the internet), which equates to $3.33 a month, but that is for ALL XBOX LIVE ENABLED GAMES.

but its still paying to play a game online. i am not saying anything disparaging its just when it boils down to the nitty gritty you are paying for the right to play games online.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:03 pm

PS3 has too many shooters. They need to calm down with that genre.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 7:36 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
i dont see why we need a MAG competitor.............modern warfare 2 takes a shit on it and i dont even need to see MAG to know that.
True but ps3 is getting mw2 as well so we know ps3 fanboys will say it's "irrelevant" or something. Apparently only "exclusives" matter. xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:29 pm

dreadraptor85 wrote:
PS3 has too many shooters. They need to calm down with that genre.
That's ironic though. Last generation they were known as the RPG haven, and look at it now. Haha. 360 has the most diverse lineup out of any console. It has every genre covered.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:43 pm

pspvampire wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
True but ps3 is getting mw2 as well so we know ps3 fanboys will say it's "irrelevant" or something. Apparently only "exclusives" matter. xD
But 360 owners arent missing anything by not having MAG when they have better games to play like COD MW2 and BF Bad Company 2. In this case exclusitivity is a non- issue.
Back to top Go down
Thebruteslayer17
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Thebruteslayer17

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:12 am

M.A.G.? More like F.A.G.! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XBOX 360's answer to MAG   XBOX 360's answer to MAG Empty

Back to top Go down

XBOX 360's answer to MAG
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next