This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Game of the Year...Really?

Go down 
+21
Kendo
popjack88
Blixtstorm
3DO was too cheap for me
Bullyblazer
averagejoe
M3A7L04F
arnt god of war
DemonWolf
Arbiteris
lightlamp
daveMastaKill
toxicavenger778
im-360...xbox360
spartan225
Mr. Cole Drake
Master_Chief
Spartan v07
dreadraptor85
Pickles
Stigma
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Game of the Year...Really? Empty
PostSubject: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Well if you watched VGA you'd know that Uncharted 2 won game of the year. PS3 fanboys have probably already had an orgasm over the game. Even though they probably don't even play it anymore. I don't think it deserves it though. MW2 should have won that. Uncharted 2 is good, but not that good. Whatever though, prepare for the shitstorm of PS3 fanboys who probably didn't even buy the game run all over youtube.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Uncharted 2 copied a lot of stuff from other games. I don't think it deserves it either.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:16 pm

Pickles wrote:
Uncharted 2 copied a lot of stuff from other games. I don't think it deserves it either.

Gameplay = Tomb Raider + Gears of War

Characters = Firefly

I played this game for a while and got bored pretty quickly, It's pretty hilarious how it won. But the main body of the Tr3y Brotherhood is gone so it's going to be mainly the lesser tiered drones getting all exited. I wonder if Elpresador will make a vid on this.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:05 am

dreadraptor85 wrote:
They have responded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhNPYE0SWio&feature=sub

Suspect

lol, left some stupid comment on there, i wonder how many of the drones will reply to me and thumbs down me.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:09 am

mw 2 is overrated though,i think forza 3 deserved it and it didn't even get nominated.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:14 am

Spartan v07 wrote:
mw 2 is overrated though,i think forza 3 deserved it and it didn't even get nominated.

It's still better than Uncharted 2, and yes i agree with you about Forza 3, but at least it got best racing game.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:35 am

Uncharted 2 didnt even sell that good. Hillarious. Just shows how meaningless the GOTY award is. Most PS3 owners didnt even buy it. lol
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:41 am

Master_Chief wrote:
Uncharted 2 didnt even sell that good. Hillarious. Just shows how meaningless the GOTY award is. Most PS3 owners didnt even buy it. lol

I think Spike TV does it more for the advertising / promotions. I find professional game websites more credible.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:43 am

dreadraptor85 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

I think Spike TV does it more for the advertising / promotions. I find professional game websites more credible.
I think so too.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:54 am

I bet a shiny new nickel Uncharted 2 wins the X Play GOTY too. I don't think its as great as all the reviews make it out to be, but I did have a lot of fun playing through it.
Back to top Go down
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:11 am

assassins creed 2 deserved it
Back to top Go down
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
im-360...xbox360

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:44 am

I would'nt lie uncharted 2 deserved game of the year although it did'nt add anything new to its genre.

Its just great let them have it this year and then halo reach will have it next year.
Back to top Go down
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:01 am

Its funny how the gaming media isnt "Teh Biased" when awards go in favour of the PS3.Ah PS3 fanboys lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ToxicAvenger778
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:19 am

ToxicAvenger778 wrote:
Its funny how the gaming media isnt "Teh Biased" when awards go in favour of the PS3.Ah PS3 fanboys lol
QFT Yeah their double standards are always good for a laugh. Just like when Natal was announced PS3 fanboys said MS was abandoning the hardcore and copying the Wii but when Sony announced their motion wand they were being 'innovative.' lol
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:50 am

Yup i think its deserved.
I mean i dunno about MW2 but it also didn't bring anything new to the franchise except a 2-player co-op (weak). Also the main campaing was short. About 7 hours i guess?
Either way theres no point in worrying too much about it, the 360 hadn't any of those outstanding exclusives this year to match UC2.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:58 am

daveMastaKill wrote:
I mean i dunno about MW2 but it also didn't bring anything new to the franchise except a 2-player co-op (weak). Also the main campaing was short. About 7 hours i guess?
Either way theres no point in worrying too much about it, the 360 hadn't any of those outstanding exclusives this year to match UC2.
And the ps3 fanboys gloat like the nerds that they are....
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:27 pm

uncharted 2 was a kick ass game,but wasnt as big as MW2.Uncharted 2 doesnt veven have close as big online as MW2 and it didnt even sell close as much as MW2.I think it would be the most appropriate Game for the award would be MW2
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:38 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
uncharted 2 was a kick ass game,but wasnt as big as MW2.Uncharted 2 doesnt veven have close as big online as MW2 and it didnt even sell close as much as MW2.I think it would be the most appropriate Game for the award would be MW2

Yeah it also had more hype and got more sales.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:17 pm

i think dragon age origins should have won but hey im pretty much a bioware fanboy
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:35 pm

lets wait and see what AIAS gives it too.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:47 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
And the ps3 fanboys gloat like the nerds that they are....

Actually aren't they wasting they're time already bashing HALO: Reach? I mean VGA was that big cuz of Reach, without a question.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

I dunno, to me any of those 2 plus Batman AA would be a good winner.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Besides, look for what the 360 won:

Best Racing game - Forza MotorSport III
Best Arcade Game - Shadow Complex
Best DLC - GTA IV Ballad of Gay Tony
Best Original Score: HALO 3:ODST
Best Game Based On A Movie/TV Show: South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!

PS3
Game of the Year: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Independet Game:Flower (God only knows how it did it..)
Anticipated 2010 game: God of War III
Best Graphics: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

In total XB360 wins with 5 awards to 4 of the PS3 xD
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:53 pm

The PS3 fanboys will be bragging about this for a while now but we all know the 360 still has more triple A, Double A, and Single A games
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of the Year...Really?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next