This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN

Go down 
+7
wkoalmc2011
Arbiteris
buddhapride69
343_Guilty_Spark
DemonWolf
cannibalshinobi
dudeoftheages
11 posters
AuthorMessage
dudeoftheages
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
dudeoftheages

Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN Empty
PostSubject: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 6:40 am

Halo 3 ODST

IGN 9.0

Great score considering it's on old technology and everyone thought it was an expansion pack. A 6-8 hour campain is plenty when you get Firefight with it. Some say if you do all the side stuff it can last as long as 10 hours in singleplayer.

They say not to play it in co-op on your first time. The experience is so good you'll want to do it alone.

PS3 fanboys are allready crying like babies that Uncharted 2 got a 9.5 cause it's only .5 over ODST. Well it's called Halo 3: ODST because they wanted us to know it's not a full sequel. Even the PS3 best of the best can barely top what is essentially a 1 year developed game to tide us over till Halo: Reach.

LOL, Halo is so good even it's little brother takes the world by storm. And they try to say Halo sucks? It's going to outsell KZ2 on it's first day. Just wait for the vgcharts numbers, it will happen.

The critics all agree, ODST is an amazing games held only slightly back by a relevantly short, but brilliant campaign. Firefight is going to be played in record numbers all the way to Reach.

Oh btw, did you notice that the Halo: Reach E3 teaser trailer was exactly 1 minute 17 sec long? I think Bungie is hinting that Halo: Reach will have John 117 The Master Chief in it. If it's anything like the book it will.

It's a good time to be a Halo fan, a great time to be an Xbox 360 owner, and a sad time for pathetic PS3 fanboys with no games to play and a Sony installed cult chip designed to force them to hate and insult Halo 24/7.
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 6:49 am

hey, if the top 2 selling games on your main console turned out to be multiplats wouldn't you get pissed off and start flaming another exclusive AA xbox 360 title too, even though it was only 1 year in development? LMFAO, the brownies are nothing but a joke at this point.

if only they had just a little more time and gave ODST it's very own versus MP and put matchmaking in for firefight then it would have easily gotten AAA scores across the board. But hey, guess we'll just have to wait until Reach then.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 7:09 am

lol if IGN gave Halo ODST a higher rating than Uncharted 2 that would make my day! Razz hehe
but still, for what should have been an expansion...WOW!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 7:15 am

You can still browse for players so matchmaking isn't even that big of a deal.

The Halo Reach gameplay at TGS is going to lay waste to the competition just like every main Halo game in the past.

I can't wait to play ODST, the single player is supposed to be amazing and Firefight is suposed to be epic. I can see this becoming a standard in Halo games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
buddhapride69
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
buddhapride69

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:04 am

au ign gave it a 8
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buddhapride69
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 10:26 am

yea,i read the reveiw ign gave odst.They said bungie did a VERY good job at making new mombasa feel real.They said at night you feel lonely,expecially with the rain.They said day time its action packed
Back to top Go down
wkoalmc2011
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 10:55 am

I think they only reason they didn't rate higher is because they wish it was a new halo. I mean Halo Reach will blow everything out the fucking water.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 3:51 pm

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/halo3odst?q=halo

It's a AA game so far. Hopefully Gamespot and some other sites will boost it up to 90/100 (AAA)
I hope some people give it 10/10's. Razz It really does look like a AAAA game from what I've seen. If not, a very high AAA game.
Sure its only an expansion to a certain extent but it really does bring quite a few new things to the table.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 4:10 pm

i think if it was advertised as a true expansion and maybe dropped the price from a full retail game then many reviewers would have been a little nicer when placing their scores. the Price is only justified if you haven't already bought all the halo 3 maps, and i think that was a big issue when they gave it a final score.

as a full game there isn't enough content to really back up its price, but as an expansion it's one of the best that i have seen yet.

*spoiler*
and i can't wait to see what they have planned for next one, seems like you will be taking the role of johnson next time according to the cut scene after the credits.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 4:19 pm

I wonder how long after odst they will realese another vid of halo reach
Back to top Go down
Pistol Perk
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Pistol Perk

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:27 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I wonder how long after odst they will realese another vid of halo reach
im hoping at tgs 09 which starts on thursday (24th) they said microsoft has an amazing show to come at tgs. halo reach will be 10/10 i can almost guarantee it. the only way i can't is because it is still very early
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 10:30 pm

dont forget expansions for the expansion who knows competive multiplayer may be on the way
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:59 am

arntson wrote:
dont forget expansions for the expansion who knows competitive multiplayer may be on the way

They will probably put out more Firefight maps and I'm guessing more multiplayer maps will be coming before Halo: Reach.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 7:42 pm

i lol'd at all the people who where like "ODST is going to suck" and it got a 9.0

anyone wanna play firefight tomorrow with me? lol

xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 7:43 pm

DuDZZ wrote:
i lol'd at all the people who where like "ODST is going to suck" and it got a 9.0

anyone wanna play firefight tomorrow with me? lol

xD
sure tommorow
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 7:55 pm

^^ well if anyone wants to add me

its

KinD xXDuDZZXx..

im on GeneralMLD's Friends list Smile

and you forgot to post the video review Razz

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/852871/bungie-project-2/videos/haloodst_vdr_091909.html
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:46 pm

are you 12 years old?... make an account to just flame?
Back to top Go down
nr1012
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:55 am

I hope I can play it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN   Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo 3: ODST gets a 9.0 from IGN
Page 1 of 1