This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

why are games so easy now.

Go down 
+13
Stoney
Blixtstorm
spartan225
DemonWolf
343_Guilty_Spark
ghost23
ZeInFormer
Jamin
Static103
Arbiteris
daveMastaKill
DarkSwarm85
joe11
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

why are games so easy now. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:10 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Here try marathon, it's an old first person shooter but it's free, and very hard, the levels require intelligence to complete at times, especially marathon infinity.

http://source.bungie.org/index.php?title=Get_Marathon

If that was too easy then try becoming the first vidmaster since, well, the 90s last I checked. Major respect if you can get it, it is HARD.

http://traxus.nothorns.org/traxus/Vidmaster%27s_oath

Then if those were too easy, try what most who played it consider it one of the hardest game mods of all time. It's a "total conversion" called Marathon RED.

http://bighouse.bungie.org/red/

I doubt your interested, this is an old FPS by bungie that they released free but it is harder and longer then games of today.
Never heard much about Marathon being hard. I never had a chance to play it and I can't get it running on my computer for some weird reason. Gonna probably get it on my 360. What makes Marathon hard though? Both Doom and Duke Nukem 3D are infamous for their last difficulty only being targeted for the die and hardcore players.

Speaking of hard mdos, I've played both Alien Vendetta and Hell Revealed for Doom (both being labeled one of the hardest Doom WADs ever created) and those are incredibly brutal for me especially when I was half way.

Strange that you can't run it. It's hard in that it puts you in sometimes unfair stations and even but you with not so effective weapons to fight your enemies with until later. The first time I encountered a Sph't in marathon I lost 80% health in two attacks. Later I was slaughtered the first maybe even few times it expected my to take on SIX, with them on both sides boxing me in.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Here try marathon, it's an old first person shooter but it's free, and very hard, the levels require intelligence to complete at times, especially marathon infinity.

http://source.bungie.org/index.php?title=Get_Marathon

If that was too easy then try becoming the first vidmaster since, well, the 90s last I checked. Major respect if you can get it, it is HARD.

http://traxus.nothorns.org/traxus/Vidmaster%27s_oath

Then if those were too easy, try what most who played it consider it one of the hardest game mods of all time. It's a "total conversion" called Marathon RED.

http://bighouse.bungie.org/red/

I doubt your interested, this is an old FPS by bungie that they released free but it is harder and longer then games of today.
Never heard much about Marathon being hard. I never had a chance to play it and I can't get it running on my computer for some weird reason. Gonna probably get it on my 360. What makes Marathon hard though? Both Doom and Duke Nukem 3D are infamous for their last difficulty only being targeted for the die and hardcore players.

Speaking of hard mdos, I've played both Alien Vendetta and Hell Revealed for Doom (both being labeled one of the hardest Doom WADs ever created) and those are incredibly brutal for me especially when I was half way.

Strange that you can't run it. It's hard in that it puts you in sometimes unfair stations and even but you with not so effective weapons to fight your enemies with until later. The first time I encountered a Sph't in marathon I lost 80% health in two attacks. Later I was slaughtered the first maybe even few times it expected my to take on SIX, with them on both sides boxing me in.
Wow, that kinda reminds me of the last episode/first level of Ultimate Doom. They put you in a situation where there's no medikits or what so ever and forced you to fight a crapload of enemies with scarce ammo. Anyways, I'll probably buy it once I'm done with a couple of games I'm playing right now.
Back to top Go down
Captain Emp
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Captain Emp

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:23 pm

why is the fact that the games are easier now a bad thing?
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:36 pm

DiehardJaguarFan wrote:
u won't play the game as long because the harder the longer u play and when u finish it u'll do it again to see if u improve
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:25 pm

joe11 wrote:
DiehardJaguarFan wrote:
u won't play the game as long because the harder the longer u play and when u finish it u'll do it again to see if u improve
Not quite true. I got friend that's a hardcore Castlevania player and he can pretty much beat most of the games without dying once in 1 playthrough and he said they used to be hard for him to play, but now they're just a piece of cake. He continues playing them because they're great games. I kinda agree with him since I still play a couple of my games I've owned a long time ago and I can beat em with ease like the original Medal of Honor or Half-Life. The orignal Medal of Honor is so damn easy compared to the newer ones that I've tried, but I really believe if you make a game too hard it sacrifices quality. I mean could you imagine playing Halo and everytime you get hit by a single bullet, you have to take cover and heal. Also if a game gets harder, it ruins the freedom of movement, you end up kinda like playing in a defensive stance than a mixture of offense and defense.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:37 pm

I don't like it when games are too easy to beat. That's why I downloaded the hard setting for Blue Dragon. I love challenging games. I'm gonna get Ninja Gaiden Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:47 pm

I could not beat the old games but the new games are easy. I agree.

Old Games > New Games
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:48 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
joe11 wrote:
DiehardJaguarFan wrote:
Not quite true. I got friend that's a hardcore Castlevania player and he can pretty much beat most of the games without dying once in 1 playthrough and he said they used to be hard for him to play, but now they're just a piece of cake. He continues playing them because they're great games. I kinda agree with him since I still play a couple of my games I've owned a long time ago and I can beat em with ease like the original Medal of Honor or Half-Life. The orignal Medal of Honor is so damn easy compared to the newer ones that I've tried, but I really believe if you make a game too hard it sacrifices quality. I mean could you imagine playing Halo and everytime you get hit by a single bullet, you have to take cover and heal. Also if a game gets harder, it ruins the freedom of movement, you end up kinda like playing in a defensive stance than a mixture of offense and defense.
well i agree on that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

why are games so easy now.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2