This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D

Go down 
+7
MasterDebator
Mr. Project Natal
Stoney
DarkSwarm85
Noelol
Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D Empty
PostSubject: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:18 am

Please tell me what open-world games there were for ps1 because I want to play some decent psx games on psp xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:42 am

GTA?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 pm

Driver I think
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Twisted Metal 2
Rogue Trip
Critical Depth
Vigilante 8

(all vehicle combat games.)
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:26 pm

LOL I forgot about Vigilante 8...Had so much fun on the PS1 with that game....what was the black dude with the fro called? scratch Anyways he was my fav.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:08 pm

Cool thanks guys. Btw is the old spiderman game free roam and is final fantasy 7 as gd as crisis core?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:23 pm

ummmm perhaps grand theft auto? lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:20 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
LOL I forgot about Vigilante 8...Had so much fun on the PS1 with that game....what was the black dude with the fro called? scratch Anyways he was my fav.

According to a quick Google search. John Torque, (and his car is a '69 Jefferson)

I liked the Bee hive dude.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Mr. Project Natal wrote:
ummmm perhaps grand theft auto? lol

lol yeah I already know of that, it was one of the first games I ever played xD

I mean not top-down games. Razz
Back to top Go down
MasterDebator

MasterDebator

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:10 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Cool thanks guys. Btw is the old spiderman game free roam and is final fantasy 7 as gd as crisis core?

Yes, it's pretty overrated in my opinion, but it's still better than FF:Crisis Core.
Back to top Go down
Crystie Cao
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Crystie Cao

Location : And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, Britain.

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:44 am

FINAL FANTASY NIIIIIIIINNNEE!!
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:25 am

So RPGs too? Then Tales of Destiny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:08 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Driver I think

Yup, driver 2 was free roam, and it was fun!
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:28 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Driver I think

Driver 2 was the shit! I loved that game so much, I remember just driving around in the free mode and finding the secret cars. I bet if I played that game I would remember the exact directions, that's how much I played that game.

Also, many people have mentioned Grand Theft Auto, but no one seems to have mentioned Grand Theft Auto 2, which is also great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:34 pm

GGM wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Driver I think

Driver 2 was the shit! I loved that game so much, I remember just driving around in the free mode and finding the secret cars. I bet if I played that game I would remember the exact directions, that's how much I played that game.

Also, many people have mentioned Grand Theft Auto, but no one seems to have mentioned Grand Theft Auto 2, which is also great!

Same here! lol I loved finding the secret cars, then bringing them to your garage in Rio Razz
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:49 pm

I completely forgot about this game when I made my last post:

FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D 197725_50329_front

This game isn't for everyone, but it's probably one of the best examples of a true "free roaming" games of all time. It's a first person 3D RPG, and it's Japanese, but it plays closer to a Western RPG.

It basically places you in a big world, with no weapon and no armour, and tell you to find your own way around.

It's incredibly slow-paced and incredibly hard, but if you can deal with those things, it has a great atmosphere and sense of exploration.

Note: The game called King's Field in America and Europe is actually the Japanese King's Field 2, which was never released outside of Japan. The English King's Field 2 follows the same naming oddity. There is also a fourth Kings Field game on the PS2, but that's not what you are asking for, although still good.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:10 pm

"Final Fantasy VII" is my favorite Final Fantasy and my favorite RPG of all time. Definitely check it out.

Prefered "Driver 1" over "Driver 2"; the car physics seemed more fun, the environments as well.
Back to top Go down
Crystie Cao
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Crystie Cao

Location : And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, Britain.

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:42 pm

^oh mann driver 1!

I remember causing a gigantic bundle of cars and driving as fast into it as I possibly could.
good times haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:05 pm

Lord_Orpheo wrote:
"Final Fantasy VII" is my favorite Final Fantasy and my favorite RPG of all time. Definitely check it out.

Prefered "Driver 1" over "Driver 2"; the car physics seemed more fun, the environments as well.

Really? I liked Driver 2 better, mainly just the running around looking for secret cars. but to be honest I didnt play much of Driver 1.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 5:28 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

I don't remember the first Spider-Man on PS1 being free roam. It was a cool game though, but I don't think you could freely swing around New York until Spider-Man 2 on PS2/Xbox/GCN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D   FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D Empty

Back to top Go down

FREE ROAMING PS1 GAMES!! :D
Page 1 of 1