This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0

Go down 
+8
Lt Xplosi
Arbiteris
II XShogunX II
cannibalshinobi
343_Guilty_Spark
Pistol Perk
Spartan v07
GeneralMLD
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 Empty
PostSubject: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:28 pm

My old home gave ODST the score it deserves.

14 month game gets AAA status................cant wait for the 3 year Halo Reach!
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Wow i didn't expect a 9.0 from gamespot because ign gave it an 9.0 and gamespot usually rates lower. I honestly expected and 8.5 or even 8.0. I guess it's that good. Also what do you mean 3 year Halo reach?
Back to top Go down
Pistol Perk
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Pistol Perk

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:50 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
Wow i didn't expect a 9.0 from gamespot because ign gave it an 9.0 and gamespot usually rates lower. I honestly expected and 8.5 or even 8.0. I guess it's that good. Also what do you mean 3 year Halo reach?
halo 3 odst was only a 14 month project, halo reach however began just after halo 3, making it a 3 year project just like halo halo 2 and halo 3, so that means it will be absolutely outstanding
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:55 pm

Where did you see that? Also it's another spinoff like odst,i won't be as hyped as a Halo 4 but then again we will have to wait for the next xbox for that.

it was in odst vidoc available on LIVE, they said they only had around a year.

Reach isnt Halo 4............but rest assured its a full game.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:08 pm

This is great news. Hope it ups the metacritic score, but most of all this means I'll be even more excited waiting till tomorrow. ODST is going to be great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:49 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
Where did you see that? Also it's another spinoff like odst,i won't be as hyped as a Halo 4 but then again we will have to wait for the next xbox for that.

it might as well be halo 4 since i don't see any way there can be a halo 4, at least story wise. and it's not really a spinoff due to the fact that it's a prequel. I also guarantee that M$ will advertise the fuck out of this game, similar if not more so than halo 3.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:11 am

CannibalShinobi wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

it might as well be halo 4 since i don't see any way there can be a halo 4, at least story wise. and it's not really a spinoff due to the fact that it's a prequel. I also guarantee that M$ will advertise the fuck out of this game, similar if not more so than halo 3.

There will be one,they will just start a new story with Halo 4. Also wasn't halo wars a prequel?i never card for those anyways even with mgs 3.
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 2:36 am

a new story? really doubt it, even with the after credit ending in halo 3.

all i see is prequels and spinoffs in the halo franchises future.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 2:51 am

CannibalShinobi wrote:

Halo 1-3 was just a story, there is a whole universe of possibilities for Halo's future. There are still a crap load of ring worlds and unknown Forerunner tech. Lets not forget that the Forerunners could return from some dimensional bomb shelter and replace the Covenent as the main antagonists. We could even see the rest of the Covenant join up with the Elites to help humanity fight the real "reclaimers".

The Halo trilogy and it's spin offs were just getting things started.
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:06 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:

Halo 1-3 was just a story, there is a whole universe of possibilities for Halo's future. There are still a crap load of ring worlds and unknown Forerunner tech. Lets not forget that the Forerunners could return from some dimensional bomb shelter and replace the Covenent as the main antagonists. We could even see the rest of the Covenant join up with the Elites to help humanity fight the real "reclaimers".

i just don't see that happening in the least. the fact that humans are the long descendants of the forerunners is the barrier that stops the idea that they could possibly be the new enemy. there are only 5 rings left and i don't think they can even be activated anymore. All i can see as a possibility is an extreme flood breach that washes around the galaxy, but i don't see them making many games on that bases. All that i can really think of now are spinoffs and prequels, most likely focusing mainly around the books. if done correctly they can make a good number of games off of those ideas, i just dont see a halo 3 sequel anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:07 am

CannibalShinobi wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:

i just don't see that happening in the least. the fact that humans are the long descendants of the forerunners is the barrier that stops the idea that they could possibly be the new enemy. there are only 5 rings left and i don't think they can even be activated anymore. All i can see as a possibility is an extreme flood breach that washes around the galaxy, but i don't see them making many games on that bases. All that i can really think of now are spinoffs and prequels, most likely focusing mainly around the books. if done correctly they can make a good number of games off of those ideas, i just dont see a halo 3 sequel anytime soon.

Just because humans are the descendants of the Forerunners doesn't mean there aren't Forerunners who can return. The sky really is the limit and don't underestimate the creativity behind the ongoing series. I can almost guarantee you that right now 343 Industries is working on Halo 4 in some way and Frank O'Connor, former Bungie and now 343's creative director, is making sure it will be just as good as the last trilogy.

Take the Star Wars novels for example. There is a series of books that picks up right after Return of the Jedi and goes all they way into the next generation. Halo 4 will pick up right after Halo 3 and the series will continue down new roads for as long as the fans keep up support.

If you want to talk spin offs then there's Robot Entertainment which used to be Ensemble Studios who will continue making Halo Wars sequels.

MS and 343 Industries know fans want the series to move forward and they will deliver.
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:31 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Just because humans are the descendants of the Forerunners doesn't mean there aren't Forerunners who can return. The sky really is the limit and don't underestimate the creativity behind the ongoing series. I can almost guarantee you that right now 343 Industries is working on Halo 4 in some way and Frank O'Connor, former Bungie and now 343's creative director, is making sure it will be just as good as the last trilogy.

Take the Star Wars novels for example. There is a series of books that picks up right after Return of the Jedi and goes all they way into the next generation. Halo 4 will pick up right after Halo 3 and the series will continue down new roads for as long as the fans keep up support.

If you want to talk spin offs then there's Robot Entertainment which used to be Ensemble Studios who will continue making Halo Wars sequels.

MS and 343 Industries know fans want the series to move forward and they will deliver.

they whole point of humans being the descendants was due to the complete extinction of the forerunner race. if they had some way to survive the first activation of the rings then they wouldn't have a reason to start the human race. and even then there is still no reason for them to be hostile towards us if they did come back somehow.

without a gravemind the flood are harmless, without the prophets they covenant are harmless, i can't fathom where the next enemy is going to come from unless they create a completely new alien faction altogether.

the difference between the halo books and the star wars books is that the star wars books have a huge library of topics to choose from. there is not really a canon story line to really stick to. The star wars series can make up any sith lord and any jedi master and make a novel out of it and it could very well easily fit in the universe. It's kind of like the game dungeons and dragons, you can make any story up for that universe and NO ONE can say that it can not be a canon story line unless it really dips into the movie story line. with halo the story line is far more linear, the conflicts are more direct. There really isn't any wiggle room to really work with. With star wars there will always be the sith but with halo the covenant is dismantled completely and has extremely little chance of forming once again. Without keyes, johnson, guilty spark, gravemind, or any of the prophets the halo story is pretty much finished. No
Back to top Go down
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:52 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjefkVXfU0

Me and MLD talked about this in a party once. There will be a halo 4, it is obvious from this ending. I think that planet is Reach, but MLD threatened to kill me when I said that. MLD thinks it is Onyx (Shield World), a forerunner planet, and he says it can't be Reach because Reach was destroyed. Not destroyed just bombed to hell and beyond. I understand where MLD is coming from and I am also leaning towards it being Onyx, but.......why would Onyx be full of craters, almost as if it were bombed. I also understand that Reach is light years away from the Ark, but do we really know where Reach was? Don't kill me MLD I also think it is Onyx.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:32 am

CannibalShinobi wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

they whole point of humans being the descendants was due to the complete extinction of the forerunner race. if they had some way to survive the first activation of the rings then they wouldn't have a reason to start the human race. and even then there is still no reason for them to be hostile towards us if they did come back somehow.

without a gravemind the flood are harmless, without the prophets they covenant are harmless, i can't fathom where the next enemy is going to come from unless they create a completely new alien faction altogether.

the difference between the halo books and the star wars books is that the star wars books have a huge library of topics to choose from. there is not really a canon story line to really stick to. The star wars series can make up any sith lord and any jedi master and make a novel out of it and it could very well easily fit in the universe. It's kind of like the game dungeons and dragons, you can make any story up for that universe and NO ONE can say that it can not be a canon story line unless it really dips into the movie story line. with halo the story line is far more linear, the conflicts are more direct. There really isn't any wiggle room to really work with. With star wars there will always be the sith but with halo the covenant is dismantled completely and has extremely little chance of forming once again. Without keyes, johnson, guilty spark, gravemind, or any of the prophets the halo story is pretty much finished. No

Nah,i agree with guilty spark.For one the remnants of the convenant could side up with the humans.There could be more than one gravemind for what we know.The forerunners could easily come back and want to controll the universe.So there will be a human-forerunner war.Itll just be like the human-convenant war.If you read the novels you know that the convenat were winning the war with there 10 times better tech.Amagine humanity fighting the legendary forerunners.Of course humanity by itself wouldnt stand a chance but maybe with the help of the convenant.Anyways,they will be making a forerunner novel series next year according to halopedia.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:33 am

i got my halo 3 odst today i havent played it yet but soon when i get my tv my friend borrwed it for 2 days and i get it today worse howerver i dnídnt get sgt johnson damn i was pissed however the game looks good and AAA is good but no johnson (sobing)
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 2:42 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

Nah,i agree with guilty spark.For one the remnants of the convenant could side up with the humans.There could be more than one gravemind for what we know.The forerunners could easily come back and want to controll the universe.So there will be a human-forerunner war.Itll just be like the human-convenant war.If you read the novels you know that the convenat were winning the war with there 10 times better tech.Amagine humanity fighting the legendary forerunners.Of course humanity by itself wouldnt stand a chance but maybe with the help of the convenant.Anyways,they will be making a forerunner novel series next year according to halopedia.

the whole "forerunner vs Human" war is completely against the normal story line. forerunners created humans to continue their legacy, once again, if the forerunners had some way to survive the first activation of the halo rings then there would be no point in creating the human race. If the forerunners could come back it would completely defeat the the purpose they had for humans in the first place. And even if they did come back there is very little reason for them to even want to fight us.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:02 pm

CannibalShinobi wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

the whole "forerunner vs Human" war is completely against the normal story line. forerunners created humans to continue their legacy, once again, if the forerunners had some way to survive the first activation of the halo rings then there would be no point in creating the human race. If the forerunners could come back it would completely defeat the the purpose they had for humans in the first place. And even if they did come back there is very little reason for them to even want to fight us.

We do not know much about the forerunners.heck, they could have been watching us fight the convenant and the flood but we didnt know it.I dont excatly think they created humans to continue there lagacy,seeing that humans pretty much knew nothin of there lagacy scince halo event.there could be many reasons they would want to fight the humans.Heck,us fighting the convenant and the flood could just be a test.They actually could survive the halo ring,just leave the galaxy.With there ships and tech they could most likely do that.Anyways its just a theory.We wont know until They make more halo games.You could be right,but we dont know that yet.We might learn more when the forrunner novel trilogy comes out.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:04 pm

CannibalShinobi wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

maybe they could have been corrupted and became mad instead of dieing
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:07 pm

arntson wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Exactly.If you look at there ships that you see in halo wars you could esily tell they could leave the galaxy.Actually they already hav left the galaxy before,how would the ark be made if they didnt leave the galaxy?The forerunners made the ark
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
arntson wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Exactly.If you look at there ships that you see in halo wars you could esily tell they could leave the galaxy.Actually they already hav left the galaxy before,how would the ark be made if they didnt leave the galaxy?The forerunners made the ark
reminded me of the mass effect theme with the destroyers or shredder or something like that
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:27 pm

if they could leave the galaxy then why even create humans, thats the question. They had to destroy themselves to stop the flood, that was the whole reason for the halo rings. If some survived it would defeat the purpose of the rings and defeat the purpose of the human race.

if they did come back and start fighting humans then all i can say is, in my eyes, would completely ruin the story. And even be called copy cats of the starcraft story line.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:09 pm

CannibalShinobi wrote:
if they could leave the galaxy then why even create humans, thats the question. They had to destroy themselves to stop the flood, that was the whole reason for the halo rings. If some survived it would defeat the purpose of the rings and defeat the purpose of the human race.

if they did come back and start fighting humans then all i can say is, in my eyes, would completely ruin the story. And even be called copy cats of the starcraft story line.

Everything you say we do not know 100% sure.How would it copy the starcraft story?Xel naga are nothin like the forerunners and created races for totally different purpose.
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:26 pm

we might not know 100% but we know at least 90% and that's close enough to come up with a conclusion.

I don't mean the whole story, just the ancient creators coming back to destroy their own creations and take over again. Just that part.
Back to top Go down
Paranormal
Seaman Recruit
Paranormal

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:55 pm

H3: ODST is a really good game. When I put the disc in to play the MP, it really felt like a new game. Firefight is amazing, it's really fun with friends but I really wished they added a MM for it. So far, the campaign is good and I heard that it's 6-7 hours long.

imo, Halo 3: ODST is a good game for Halo fans, and it's perfect for people that are new to Halo (all 24 maps are shipped)
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:20 pm

Its just a theory,90%isnt good enough for me.I will not belive anything until its 100% revealed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0   Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gamespot Halo ODST = 9.0
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next