This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3

Go down 
+3
Invincible
Optimus Lime
Master_Chief
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3   Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:50 pm

Not surprising. The situation still hasnt changed much. PS3 owners just dont buy as many games as 360 owners.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=240867

Quote :
Ninja Theory has told CVG that it made no money from Heavenly Sword - one of the biggest PS3 exclusives released in the launch era of the console.

"It's difficult. Heavenly Sword came out pretty early on the PS3, and we sold, I think, a million and a half copies, and that's still not enough as an independent studio to break even," said co-founder Tameem Antoniades.

"The publisher potentially breaks even at that point, but the developers don't," he added, and it's for this reason that the developer chose to go multi-platform with its latest upcoming quest, Enslaved.

"It's just that when so many people have Xbox - I mean over half the market or more has Xbox 360s - why limit yourself to one platform?" commented Antoniades.

You can catch the rest of the interview on CVG later today.

Last edited by 343_Guilty_Spark on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please quote part or all of the article linked to.)
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3   Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:11 pm

well that and the game was pretty crap Razz ill take ninja gaiden over it any day
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3   Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 pm

I remember playing that when PS3 first came out. You could beat it in four hours. A shiity god of war rip off that game was.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3   Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:57 am

Of course they didnt make any money. LOOK AT IT. I got my PS3 towards the end of 2007 and didnt pick up Heavenly Sword till......Jan 2009? The game wasnt even worth 30 dollars when it first came out. Its like a 3-4 hour long game. Its their own fail when you look at all the other devs that made money, but oh yeah, they actually made games of decent length. But that one weird ass chick was cool. It wasnt a bad game, just too short for its own good. And that first person flying thing was cool. I was content with it cuz I got it for 10 bucks. If I got it at launch I'd light it on fire. XD
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3   Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:50 am

Bad attach rate for the game.
Back to top Go down
7th
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3   Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:38 am

This is no different than Factor 5 bitching about not making a profit with Lair.

If your game is 60 dollars on a new system in a market where most Sony gamers are still gaming away on their PS2's, you'd better come to the plate with something better than a 4 hour long God of War clone. The game's average, and too short, and it had horizontal screen tearing problems. The best part of it was the motion capture and the voice acting.
Back to top Go down
danny100
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3   Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:11 pm

the bitch in it is hot though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3   Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ninja Theory: Heavenly Sword made no money on the PS3
Page 1 of 1