This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy

Go down 
+60
Paratrooper1n0
Westley
Shin_Akuma
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Thebruteslayer17
baclava
txtman8095
TRF
Jossa81
Derpface
Freemon34'
Llort
Blackou7
Duck Nuckem
Pickles
Media
XmArT0X
Jackofcandle
KonaBro
Wolfshiemhere
Surfaced
lightlamp
Colonel_Campbell_Revives
masterchief1998
VIDEOGAMES
Colonel_Campbell
5cm
Alice
broseidon
Lt Xplosi
TREY4LIFE
Xmarksthespot
7th
V3NOM 14
Doominator99
Noelol
CompromisedxInsanity
jaykay
Stoney
Sir.Zillah
Alan1994
Invincible
-jaz350z-
PS2 is better than ps3
daveMastaKill
Hivemind
Superkingz2
DarkSwarm85
Optimus Lime
Master_Chief
ghost23
DemonWolf
joe11
Cool-Guy
343_Guilty_Spark
Bluenose
Arbiteris
Pein
BoznianBadass
GeneralMLD
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Duck Nuckem

The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 8:40 am

Point 1: The Wii leads in worldwide sales. PC if you count that as a platform; which it is in a way, but not always.

Point 2: In games ranked 85% or above, according to Metacritic, the Xbox has 88 and the PS3 has 82. This is nearly identical. Not that I'd actually ever want to play most 85% rated games; since games nowadays are very costly, I have to carefully select only the games I want to play the most.

My point: Your view of what makes a console good or even what makes a good game is quite narrow. Just because a game receives favorable reviews doesn't mean that you personally are going to like it. Video game reviews are not infallible; they're made by people with opinions and biases. Most reviews I read nowadays I tend to disagree with. Doesn't mean I'm more right than the reviewer, it just means I have different tastes in what I think is a good game. Most games nowadays don't wow me is all.

While one console may lead in terms of sales, like the Wii, that doesn't mean everyone should go out and buy a Wii. Just because something is wildly popular, doesn't make it inherently superior. There are pros and cons to all consoles; every console excels at something the other doesn't. Therefore, you can't just point at console sales or game ratings and make a blanket statement about one console's superiority.

I for one, find that the PS3, 360, and Wii all offer something unique and worth playing.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:30 am

Duck Nuckem wrote:
Point 1: The Wii leads in worldwide sales. PC if you count that as a platform; which it is in a way, but not always.

Point 2: In games ranked 85% or above, according to Metacritic, the Xbox has 88 and the PS3 has 82. This is nearly identical. Not that I'd actually ever want to play most 85% rated games; since games nowadays are very costly, I have to carefully select only the games I want to play the most.

My point: Your view of what makes a console good or even what makes a good game is quite narrow. Just because a game receives favorable reviews doesn't mean that you personally are going to like it. Video game reviews are not infallible; they're made by people with opinions and biases. Most reviews I read nowadays I tend to disagree with. Doesn't mean I'm more right than the reviewer, it just means I have different tastes in what I think is a good game. Most games nowadays don't wow me is all.

While one console may lead in terms of sales, like the Wii, that doesn't mean everyone should go out and buy a Wii. Just because something is wildly popular, doesn't make it inherently superior. There are pros and cons to all consoles; every console excels at something the other doesn't. Therefore, you can't just point at console sales or game ratings and make a blanket statement about one console's superiority.

I for one, find that the PS3, 360, and Wii all offer something unique and worth playing.

Point 1: We only care about beating ps3............in case u werent paying attention

Point #2..................why only say 85% and over? surely thousands would argue that games that scored lower are their favourites. Do 70% and up like a man and tell me what the numbers are.

Popular DOESNT equal superior. Popularity equals WINNER. A-AAA = superiority............cause thats why we buy consoles in the first place.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:33 am

MLD, you going to tune up these idiot PS3 fanboys on YouTube again? They are running around EVERYWHERE saying MS conference was an epic fail.

I should just PM each and everyone this thread lol.
Back to top Go down
Llort

Llort

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:02 pm

YES GO XBROS FTW WE SURE PWNED THEN PS3FAGS DIDNT WE LOL XD EPIC WIN
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:04 am

Llort wrote:
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:06 am

Llort wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacer!

(you have a gay avatar, troll)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:45 am

Llort wrote:

Xbros Razz lol I just love that XD
Back to top Go down
Derpface
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:11 pm

yo mld can you spell losing right?

please?
Back to top Go down
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:24 am

Point #2, Section #2, last sentence it states:

"If it's on 360 and not on PS3, it counts, exclusive or otherwise"

Wouldn't it also be fair to say then that:

"If it's on PS3 and not on 360, it counts, exclusive or otherwise"?
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:08 am

Jossa81 wrote:

Thats implied.

DC Universe, The agency, both PC/PS3 games, will be included.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:52 pm

Jossa81 wrote:

Of course it does. It works both ways.
Back to top Go down
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Glad to hear that. A lot of filters get thrown around in this "Console War" and I'd much rather prefer a blanket statement like this so everyone who wished to present their case for either side had a list of all games on both systems. That way we wouldn't have to argue about what games should or shouldn't count and concentrate more the games, consoles, and features themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 6:08 pm

I think Live should be added back on the list. Live is alot better than PSN. With features, amount of users, and it almost feels like a social network in a way.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 12:01 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I think Live should be added back on the list. Live is alot better than PSN. With features, amount of users, and it almost feels like a social network in a way.

true, but its too much of a subjective subject. Some people.............that will remain nameless............think PSN is better because it offers free/mediocre gaming, which is what matters most..........like they cant afford $50 for the best Razz

either way, too much debate room. Sales and A, AA, AAA are concrete.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 12:57 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

true, but its too much of a subjective subject. Some people.............that will remain nameless............think PSN is better because it offers free/mediocre gaming, which is what matters most..........like they cant afford $50 for the best Razz

I guess that makes sense. Lol I will take one of the best online subscription services and pay 50 for it over a mediocre free one Razz
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 3:42 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

But deep down inside everyone that has used both PSN and Live knows how much better Live is. I seriously don't see how anyone can justify PSN being "on-par" with Live. It's good, but not Live..
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

But deep down inside everyone that has used both PSN and Live knows how much better Live is. I seriously don't see how anyone can justify PSN being "on-par" with Live. It's good, but not Live..

Maybe they were playing PSN beside the original XBL lol.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:53 am

Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I agree. Psn is like having an xbox live Bronze account Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:18 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I agree. Psn is like having an xbox live Bronze account Razz

Sony need to make PSN feel more like a community. It feels so dead compared to XBL. If they did give the interface a new look, coupled with the nice deals they do with PS Plus, I'd pay for it.

Online playing wise I have never came across lag.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:46 pm

For the most part, Xbox LIVE is better in features and interface. If PSN had a better interface, it'd almost be on par with Xbox LIVE.
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
txtman8095

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Wii came in late, Wii doesn't pay any consequences and Wii is terrible compared to 360, but does it selling more really make it the winner or is people liking it better make it the winner or is it entertainment?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
baclava

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:10 pm

have any of you touched a women before?
Back to top Go down
Thebruteslayer17
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Thebruteslayer17

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:38 pm

baclava wrote:
Why yes, I have madeout with a real girl once. Very Happy
And I think MLD has a girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Thebruteslayer17
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Thebruteslayer17

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:21 am

baclava wrote:
What about you? Have YOU ever touched a woman?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next