This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view

Go down 
+13
Alan1994
Master_Chief
GeneralMLD
Jakaru
Fank
Stoney
igame
Pickles
Media
Wolfshiemhere
umad
micheal82
Lanced Jack
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view   Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Jakaru wrote:
Its the baka gaijins opening their eyes to the ugly truth.

Nerd.

Open your eyes, your last.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view   Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Lanced Jack wrote:
Hi everyone, I am Lanced Jack, but you can call me Jakku~
I will present my views in this thread, but before we start, I will state a few rules.

First: No trolling. I will not troll, neither should you.
Second: Other than me, no one else must have less than 40 posts.
Third: To prevent trolling and to keep people from enforcing their opinion as fact, my opinion counts more than yours.

Now, time to get back on topic. I am saddened by the fact that so many are plagiarizing glorious Nippon. America has no idea how to be original. Here are my points:

Splinter Cell copying Metal Gear Solid
Halo copying Killzone
Forza copying Gran Turismo

Plus we have God of War, MAG, those few kawaii games I just mentioned, LittleBigPlanet, and so many great exclusives that the 360 has. There, lets discuss.
LOL Sure youre real name isnt Jack Tretton?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view   Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Lanced Jack wrote:
Sad, but true, gaijin. America steals from us and you know it.

Halo...copying Killzone? Lol dude you got it backwards. Every Sony FPS is technically copying Halo. The Halo series introduced health bounding meters and one button grenade throwing.

And Splinter Cell didn't "copy" metal Gear. Metal Gear didn't invent the stealth genre. Besides Metal Gear is more of a cinematic experience.

Forza copying GT? Um, Forza was inspired by Gran Turismo. But their goal was to create a better game than GT, not to make a carbon copy. They were the first to have online racing in a console sim, and had damage. Forza has a better physics engine which rivals most PC sims. Face it, Forza is the new Skate, while GT is the old Tony Hawk.

Last edited by Alan1994 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view   Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:02 pm

wow i cant belive that ps3 fanboys are this pathetic..trolling is their best skill? how sad is that..oh too bad they are banned now.
Back to top Go down
Media
Seaman
Seaman
Media

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view   Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:22 pm

I love how their trolling worked
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view   Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Media wrote:
I love how their trolling worked

I was laughing my ass off, they said the funniest shit, im so glad i logged in the forum right before they all came lol!
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view   Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Lanced Jack wrote:

Halo...copying Killzone? Lol dude you got it backwards. Every Sony FPS is technically copying Halo. The Halo series introduced health bounding meters and one button grenade throwing.

And Splinter Cell didn't "copy" metal Gear. Metal Gear didn't invent the stealth genre. Besides Metal Gear is more of a cinematic experience.

Forza copying GT? Um, Forza was inspired by Gran Turismo. But their goal was to create a better game than GT, not to make a carbon copy. They were the first to have online racing in a console sim, and had damage. Forza has a better physics engine which rivals most PC sims. Face it, Forza is the new Skate, while GT is the old Tony Hawk.

Killzone is nothing like halo, if any ps3 game tryed to copy halo it would probably be Haze and we all know that game sucks big donkey hairy balls.

Metal Gear didn't invent the stealth genre?
http://playstation.joystiq.com/2008/06/04/hideo-kojima-celebrated-for-inventing-stealth-games/

Forza inspired by Gran Turismo? sure
First to have online racing in a console sim? sure
It had damage? lol if your worry about damage then you probably suck at racing and should not be playing a sim game.
Forza the new Skate and GT the old Tony Hawk? really? hmm they don't seem to think so

Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view   Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Lanced Jack wrote:

Sadly, but you do not know what you're talking about. Most likely you weren't playing games until the xbox or something because a lot of what you say is ignorant. You do not know what you're talking about half of the time. Metal Gear was first, but you are too young to understand that, second Forza will never be todays Grand Turismo if you've ever played it yourself you would know that. Goldeneye had slow regenerating health, and other games did as well but much slower than todays games. Once again if you were actually gaming back then you would know, so no I cannot blame you but when you throw your opinions as facts, that could be considered trolling.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view   Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:23 pm

Lanced Jack wrote:
Hi everyone, I am Lanced Jack, but you can call me Jakku~
I will present my views in this thread, but before we start, I will state a few rules.

First: No trolling. I will not troll, neither should you.
Second: Other than me, no one else must have less than 40 posts.
Third: To prevent trolling and to keep people from enforcing their opinion as fact, my opinion counts more than yours.

Now, time to get back on topic. I am saddened by the fact that so many are plagiarizing glorious Nippon. America has no idea how to be original. Here are my points:

Splinter Cell copying Metal Gear Solid
Halo copying Killzone
Forza copying Gran Turismo

Plus we have God of War, MAG, those few kawaii games I just mentioned, LittleBigPlanet, and so many great exclusives that the 360 has. There, lets discuss.

No trolling? Wtf who are you to come here and make up the rules? rofl.

And as for Forza copying Gran Turismo, last I looked there has been NO Gran Turismo game this generation so far so even if forza was a rip off (which it isn't, it's just another racing sim) then why the hell would it matter? Now GT fans can enjoy a GT experience on a next-gen system. But the point is, it's not a rip-off.
In fact, last I looked, no GT game ever had damage but now look.... Forza has it and what's GT5 gonna have? Oh, damage!
The only similarity between Splinter Cell and MGS is that they're both stealth games. And what really seperates the two games is how MGS gives you a billion cutscenes, Splinter Cell gives you more gameplay.

And Halo copying Killzone?! Ohhh god, the ignorance is truly astonishing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view   Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:56 pm

i choose killzone over halo. but halo came first. how would a game thats not even out yet take ideas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view   Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 and the PS3, a fair and balanced view
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2