This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?

Go down 
+8
Master_Chief
Gibbon_Master
Fank
Kendo
ghost23
Stoney
DemonWolf
Alchemist
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Alchemist
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Alchemist

Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? Empty
PostSubject: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:40 am

Good article.I see this all the time
PS3 fans are too sensitive.They prove it time and time again

Quote :
by Ernice Gilbert on June 10th, 2010, under Journalism, News
No Comments »

‘Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can do me no harm’, is an old adage that’s often used to say that no matter what someone might think or say, as long as said person doesn’t hit me, I’ll be alright. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact I’d go as far as to say that words sometimes do more harm than being physically beaten.

But sometimes, certain words or statements are uttered by some important people and the reaction to said statements are totally uncalled for.

Yesterday’s utterance from Xbox 360 front man, Aaron Greenberg was of those times.

Remember it’s Mr. Greenberg’s job to make the Xbox 360 look good and Microsoft, frankly even Sony expect the man to do just that. So when he said, citing some NPD figures that Halo 3 had outsold most of Sony’s big exclusives, including God of War III, Uncharted 2, Resistance 1 and 2 and Killzone 2 combined, the internet(PS3 Fanboys) went into a tailspin.

Many said things about the man that were totally uncalled for. Calling him anywhere from being stupid, to being gay. I mean what the hec is up with all this? Why don’t people react that way when Sony ad face, Kevin Butler goes on a Microsoft bashing rampage?

Or when SCEA boss, Rob Dyer says things like PS3 will outlast Xbox 360? I hear no one complaining about those statements. But Aarong Greenberg comes out and simply states the facts and the PS3 crowd take up arms and are fighting war with words.

If Halo 3 sold more than most of Sony’s big games combined, then that’s good, and a worthy tweet from Greeberg. It also bodes well for Reach and other upcoming Halo titles. I my opinion, instead of building distracted the his comments, Sony should take it hard, and find ways on expanding its reach.

Know one can deny the fact that games sell extremely well on the Xbox 360, especially where it counts: in the US and UK. What’s the secret, no big secret actually, MS knows how to advertise and has a bigger install base in both of the aforementioned markets. All Sony has to do is catch up and all the talk will be history.

But people should not get angry at Greenberg for stating the truth, especially if it favors his console, the Xbox 360.

I guess the old adage should be banished all together. Either that or change it to this:

Sticks and stones can break my bones yet my wounds will heal, but the harm that words can do are cutting deep and might never be remedied.

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/06/10/whys-everyone-so-upset-with-greenberg/
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:58 am

lol!!

More reasons why Sony fanboys are pathetic.

Btw:
Quote :
All Sony has to do is catch up
Just as Mld says, it's playing catch-up. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:40 am

Never knew Halo 3 sold more copies than most of the PS3 exclusives!?

How many units did it sell(Halo)? And how many units did those (PS3) games sell combined?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 8:28 am

PS3 fanboys can't handle the truth
(ironically)
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:19 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:

How many units did it sell(Halo)? And how many units did those (PS3) games sell combined?
Last time I checked it was 11 million I think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Fank
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fank

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:35 am

Once again its all about sales.
Back to top Go down
Alchemist
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Alchemist

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:40 am

Fank wrote:
Once again its all about sales.

Business 101
Get with it
Back to top Go down
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:11 pm

The trouble is that great sales don't always mean a great game, if that was the case most Wii party games would be better that Halo.

The trouble is someone like Greenberg likes to poke the wasp nest and someone in his position should not be adding flames to the fanboy war, he is not being professional.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Gibbon_Master wrote:
The trouble is that great sales don't always mean a great game, if that was the case most Wii party games would be better that Halo.

The trouble is someone like Greenberg likes to poke the wasp nest and someone in his position should not be adding flames to the fanboy war, he is not being professional.
LMAO I see lots of PS3 fanboys use that excuse over and over. You sound like a typical N4G member. So is Sony being professional when they bash on the 360?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Gibbon_Master wrote:

Oh so I guess Kevin Butler who flamed both natal and the wii and Jack Trenton who specifically said PS3 will outsell 360 isnt contributing to flame wars?You comment fails badly
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Gibbon_Master wrote:

LOL the typical PS3 fanboy statement. I bring up the same statement again, if Halo 3 is a bad game, why would 11 million people go out and spend their hard earned money on it?
And just look at the Sony Corporates trying to bash the 360. Constantly saying that PS3 exclusives could never be done on 360, call out Natal as a copy when Move is more of a copy.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:26 pm

Gibbon_Master wrote:

Sales do mean alot. If the Halo series didn't sell well in the first place they wouldn't have expanded on it passed Halo: CE.

As the other posters above me have said. What Greenberg said is no where near as childish as what the "professional" jackasses at Sony say. But I learn not to take it seriously, That Kevin Sony VP guy's comercials are hilarious.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:11 pm

They outnumber us on the internet but cant accept that they really dont amount to much in the real.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 2:40 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
They outnumber us on the internet but cant accept that they really dont amount to much in the real.
QFT I couldn't have said it better.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Kendo wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Last time I checked it was 11 million I think.

Cuddles, seriously...what's with the girly Xbox avatar? jocolor
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:11 am

Its bullshit Sony put up on there blog most of the time things like PS3 out sold the 360 this month and other things bashing the 360 but when we do its out of order because PS3 fanboys cant take people trashing there system or games
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg?   Why’s Everyone So Upset With Greenberg? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1