This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kinect is cheaper than Move

Go down 
+5
Noelol
shadowmonkey987
Pein
raspymanic1
DemonWolf
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Kinect is cheaper than Move Empty
PostSubject: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:41 pm

Now this is based upon the rumour stating Kinect will be $150.
Let's say that's true.

Let's have a look at playstation Move. You need the Playstation Eye.
I've found it on amazon for: $32 (not including P&P)
You also need the "wand" itself. That's: $50 on Amazon (not including P&P)
And then of course you also need the navigation controller thing (or how can you move?) That costs $30 on Amazon.

So total that up and you have Move. That costs $112. It's cheaper, yes but only $38 cheaper and it hasn't got the same breathtaking technology as Kinect.

But in actual fact, Kinect will be cheaper. How?
Because Kinect has support for up to two players.
You know what this means, right?
If you want to play multiplayer on Move for ps3, you will need yet another Move controller set. So that's another $50 and $30!
That totals to $192!

So, ps3 fanboys say Kinect is a rip off yet if they want their Move to even meet it's standard (not even that considering how inaccurate it is and how simplistic the technology is - and the way it's barely an improvement over wii) they need to pay around $50 more than Kinect (and also the Kinect price could just be a rumour and remember that Kinect opens new doors like it offers the ability to go on video chat and watch a film with friends and so on!).

So.... yet another ps3 fanboy argument killed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:09 pm

i lol'd when they announced the price of move at E3 $50 come up on the big screen and everyone cheered then $30 come up on the big screen for the navigation controller and the room went quiet lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Doesnt the Move bundle have the wand, navigation controller, and eye for 100?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:49 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

If that's true, even then if you want another wand and navigator thing, that still comes up to a higher price than Kinect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:27 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

If that's true, even then if you want another wand and navigator thing, that still comes up to a higher price than Kinect.

Yeah i know, but I was just wondering. I know there is a bundle with Move and an eye for 100, but I dont know whats in it.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:34 am

hehe nice ownage DDD.you really did the homework on both motion control prices Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:31 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
hehe nice ownage DDD.you really did the homework on both motion control prices Razz

cheers.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWjQeS_kRoo and the comment by hardcorellama54 had me in stitches once LBP 2 comes out xbox is screwed lol!
Back to top Go down
shadowmonkey987
Seaman
Seaman
shadowmonkey987

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:44 pm

The PS3 does everything though Very Happy yeah that include's emptying your wallet if you want to play with your spouse

Most Expensive dildo evar XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/shadowmonkey987/profile

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:52 pm

shadowmonkey987 wrote:
The PS3 does everything though Very Happy yeah that include's emptying your wallet if you want to play with your spouse

Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
shadowmonkey987
Seaman
Seaman
shadowmonkey987

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
shadowmonkey987 wrote:

Welcome back.

Why thank you... (haven't been on in a while sorry life got troublesome got 2 kid's on the way (twin's) and a Fiancée to marry Very Happy

the reason I put in most expensive dildo evar was because the husband would most likely be playing kinect... XD leaving the wife to use move to relieve herself XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:17 pm

shadowmonkey987 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
shadowmonkey987 wrote:

Welcome back.

Why thank you... (haven't been on in a while sorry life got troublesome got 2 kid's on the way (twin's) and a Fiancée to marry Very Happy

the reason I put in most expensive dildo evar was because the husband would most likely be playing kinect... XD leaving the wife to use move to relieve herself XD

Congratz on the kids!
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:24 pm

shadowmonkey987 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
shadowmonkey987 wrote:

Welcome back.

I hope you can stay alive on that.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:40 am

shadowmonkey987 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
shadowmonkey987 wrote:

Welcome back.

wow! Congratulations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:26 pm

I'm getting both and Launch day. I will post up videos on what i think. I just hope i will play them atleast once a week.
Back to top Go down
Bubz0rz
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Really?   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:10 pm

Alright, throw whatever variables you want in there, you can't compare 2 moves against 1 kinect. It doesn't work, and bottom line, Move is cheaper than Kinect. That's the truth. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:15 pm

Bubz0rz wrote:
Alright, throw whatever variables you want in there, you can't compare 2 moves against 1 kinect. It doesn't work, and bottom line, Move is cheaper than Kinect. That's the truth. Very Happy

What? lol
Yes Move is cheaper than connect by a LITTLE bit. But then if you want multiplayer, Kinect gives you the better deal. And let's be honest, in your free time when you're all alone are you likely to be playing motion controls? Nah you'll just get down to the game with a controller. Motion controllers are for when you have a friend round or something, just to do some bonding and stuff. Sooo if you want to be able to do that, you need to buy 2 Move controllers. Razz
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:20 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Bubz0rz wrote:

What? lol
Yes Move is cheaper than connect by a LITTLE bit. But then if you want multiplayer, Kinect gives you the better deal. And let's be honest, in your free time when you're all alone are you likely to be playing motion controls? Nah you'll just get down to the game with a controller. Motion controllers are for when you have a friend round or something, just to do some bonding and stuff. Sooo if you want to be able to do that, you need to buy 2 Move controllers. Razz

Well yeah i think two controllers should be good. Thats $100? and a game is 40-50? I'm pretty sure you only need to controllers for MP for the move. But i got my on kinect IF a hardcore game is made. But i also like the idea of yelling at my 360 to do stuff. Makes you feel like you are in .... shall i say? CONTROL!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Boba_Fett wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bubz0rz wrote:

What? lol

Well yeah i think two controllers should be good. Thats $100? and a game is 40-50? I'm pretty sure you only need to controllers for MP for the move. But i got my on kinect IF a hardcore game is made. But i also like the idea of yelling at my 360 to do stuff. Makes you feel like you are in .... shall i say? CONTROL!

No, $200.

Quote :
Let's have a look at playstation Move. You need the Playstation Eye.
I've found it on amazon for: $32 (not including P&P)
You also need the "wand" itself. That's: $50 on Amazon (not including P&P)
And then of course you also need the navigation controller thing (or how can you move?) That costs $30 on Amazon.

Keep in mind you need another wand and another navigation controller for the second player. Razz

lol tbh I have no plans on getting Kinect any time soon. I hate motion control. It's too casual. XD
But yeah.... it has it's cool features, same with Move.
Back to top Go down
Bubz0rz
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:30 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Bubz0rz wrote:

What? lol

I guess we can reach some common ground, right? I mean I admit Move is funner when you have freinds over, as shown to us by the wii. But Move is still cheaper than Kinect, but if you want to play with a friend you need 2.

It's nice to have a decent conversation with an Xbox user.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Bubz0rz wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bubz0rz wrote:

What? lol

I guess we can reach some common ground, right? I mean I admit Move is funner when you have freinds over, as shown to us by the wii. But Move is still cheaper than Kinect, but if you want to play with a friend you need 2.

It's nice to have a decent conversation with an Xbox user.

Move is cheaper if your playing by yourself, but if you want to play multiplayer you need to buy another wand, and if the game requires it, a navigation one too. Where as Kinect is ready for multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
shadowmonkey987
Seaman
Seaman
shadowmonkey987

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Has everyone lost their mind's

The price of Kinect has not been announced yet so saying that Move is cheaper is a lie at the moment
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:09 pm

Kinect is cheaper than Move 340x
Kinect is cheaper than Move 341x
Kinect is cheaper than Move Epk4fa
Kinect is cheaper than Move I1d1y1

IT WAS FAKE!
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:17 pm

Frank2368 wrote:
Kinect is cheaper than Move 340x
Kinect is cheaper than Move 341x
Kinect is cheaper than Move Epk4fa
Kinect is cheaper than Move I1d1y1

IT WAS FAKE!
Ya know SamueltehG33k made a video showing how Move did not respond as shown (in actual footage). Its just a shame that his profile got suspended. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinect is cheaper than Move   Kinect is cheaper than Move Empty

Back to top Go down

Kinect is cheaper than Move
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next