This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3

Go down 
+7
DemonWolf
Blixtstorm
Madtoker
xjosh360s
ghost23
Pein
Stoney
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 Empty
PostSubject: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:32 pm

http://www.mobile-computing-news.co.uk/industry-news/5761/bioware-considers-kinect-for-mass-effect-3.html

PC gamers and Xbox 360 gamers alike are in unison in agreeing that BioWare is one of the best developers on the planet. Not just in RPGs, where it is paralleled only by the brilliant Bethesda of Fallout 3 fame, but in gaming in general. So when a company like that says it is looking into integrating Microsoft Kinect into Mass Effect 3, even hardcore gamers sit up and listen.

True gamers will eventually benefit

Speaking to Gamesindustry.biz (free subscription required), Bioware bigwig Greg Zeschuk said his team was keen to explore the motion technology. He confessed that he thought the first wave of games would be the casual titles, saying ‘Phase one of those is the dancing, fitness and party games, the sword-swinging games.’ He continued, saying ‘where it gets really interesting is when developers like us can tear it all down and ask: “What can we actually do in a game like Mass Effect?” Can we create a greater sense of immersion during conversations by using gestures? I think we probably could and I think that’s [what] we’ll explore.’

Not doing Dance Dance Krogan

Being friendly with his quotables, Greg Zeschuk continued talking about potential gesture controls in Mass Effect 3, saying ‘We’re not going to do a party game, we’re not going to do Dance Dance Krogan for Mass Effect. The reality is it’s going to have a really positive impact.’

One has to admit, though, Dance Dance Krogan would be awesome! We can picture it already.

Pedigree

BioWare has had an impressive few seasons – in post WC football parlance – releasing the very good Mass Effect, and following that on with the undeniably brilliant sequel to the series, as well as releasing Dragon Age: Origins, and its multitude of sequels.

The point is, if developers like BioWare use Microsoft Kinect and implement it well, it’s likely the hardcore gamers who have been dismissive of it will begin to sit up and pay attention. We already know Mass Effect 3 is going to be awesome, and perhaps Microsoft Kinect can make our hopes of seeing Dance Dance Krogan as a mini-game come true.

In the meantime, Mass Effect 2 and its brilliant predecessor are available in-stores.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:34 am

If done right that could be pretty sweet Very Happy nice to see some hardcore games wanting to use it. Because I will not buy Kinect if it is all stupid casual games.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:13 am

lol "Dance Dance Krogan"
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:30 am

They better have face scanning so you can use your real face in it. and LOL at Dance Dance Krogan, what a legend!
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:37 pm

I CANNOT WAIT FOR KINECT
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:47 pm

i hope they have an option not to use kinect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Madtoker wrote:

I doubt they would make it mandatory.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:05 am

Madtoker wrote:

The shooting will not have Kinect. They are trying to find ways to implement Kinect into conversation which if done well can be revolutionary for motion controls and video games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:22 am

ghost23 wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

The shooting will not have Kinect. They are trying to find ways to implement Kinect into conversation which if done well can be revolutionary for motion controls and video games.

Yeah, so far I think the most we got is you typing something and the NPC reacting to it.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:17 am

So basicly they are saying that the 360 version will have more things then the PC?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:42 pm

I want to get Dance Dance Krogan!!! :'(
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 Danced10

lol I know it looks like it was done by a 6 year old but to be fair I did it in like 5 mins Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 5:23 pm

demondragondude wrote:

lol I know it looks like it was done by a 6 year old but to be fair I did it in like 5 mins Razz
LMAO!!!!!
haha!!
damn thats the best pic i just saw.lawl
omg you need to make dance dance asari,that would be sexy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:56 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

LMAO!!!!!
haha!!
damn thats the best pic i just saw.lawl
omg you need to make dance dance asari,that would be sexy

Haha dont need that XD Just go to any club there like Chora's den or The Afterlife XD they are always there.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
So basicly they are saying that the 360 version will have more things then the PC?

If I remember correctly someplace said kinect/natal would be compatable with PCs. I DO remember BBC saying it in a Ustream chat, but hay, he hates Xbox.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:22 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:

But PC has slightly better graphics....and that means everything!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

If I remember correctly someplace said kinect/natal would be compatable with PCs. I DO remember BBC saying it in a Ustream chat, but hay, he hates Xbox.

I doubt it works with PC, at least Microsoft doesn't mean for it too. Someone will probably make a mod for it, but not an intentional Microsoft thing.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:34 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

I doubt it works with PC, at least Microsoft doesn't mean for it too. Someone will probably make a mod for it, but not an intentional Microsoft thing.
Its on PC:

http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/t/4931.aspx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

Its on PC:

Thats a forum. Not actually PC devs and such. Again, it will probably end up working but Microsoft supporting it is very unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:18 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

Its on PC:

Thats a forum. Not actually PC devs and such. Again, it will probably end up working but Microsoft supporting it is very unlikely.
Go to the link in the OP of that forum. I'm too lazy to do it myself lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

Its on PC:

Go to the link in the OP of that forum. I'm too lazy to do it myself lol.

Oh I see now. But still, wouldnt Microsoft has mass marketed this along with the xbox too?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:22 am

But the thing with PC is that you are so limited to where you are sitting. Kinect won't be able to see your whole body if you are sitting in front of a computer. And I also doubt it will come to PC because there is absolutely no casual audience that will game on the PC.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:58 am

demondragondude wrote:

LMAO! Thats brilliant!

Dance Dance Krogan 2 : "The fate of the universe......IS IN YOUR FEET!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:30 am

I doubt that Kinect will be released for the PC at the time when Mass Effect 3 is going to be released...

And as far as I've read it will only work with Windows Media Center at launch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:17 pm

ghost23 wrote:
But the thing with PC is that you are so limited to where you are sitting. Kinect won't be able to see your whole body if you are sitting in front of a computer. And I also doubt it will come to PC because there is absolutely no casual audience that will game on the PC.

Exactly. You cant really stand up in front of your computer, and the lack of casuals make this a stupid idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3   Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bioware to implement Kinect into Mass Effect 3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next