This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again

Go down 
+9
Blixtstorm
toxicavenger778
Arbiteris
lightlamp
DemonWolf
orca464
C_Panda
arnt god of war
Master_Chief
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again Empty
PostSubject: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:44 pm

Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:54 pm

wow they are retarded they still think its coming to ps3 when ms has the publishing rights!
Back to top Go down
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:57 pm

If it does, it does. But I find it hilarious how badly they want this game!
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:59 pm

C_Panda wrote:
it cant though and it wont
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:04 am

arntson wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
I will laugh if it does.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:13 am

C_Panda wrote:
arntson wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
I will laugh if it does.
ok think about it for second your saying microsoft MICROSOFT will seel over its publishing rights/maybe a contract dont know which to sony SONY its major competitor? Suspect
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:21 am

arntson wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
arntson wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
I will laugh if it does.
ok think about it for second your saying microsoft MICROSOFT will seel over its publishing rights/maybe a contract dont know which to sony SONY its major competitor? Suspect
I know Ms is publishing it, but it could be a contract which Ms signed that would allow Ea to do anything with the game in the future. Just assuming though.
Back to top Go down
orca464
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
orca464

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 8:51 am

if it does go to PS3 i wont care because they will play it and end up admitting how awesome it is. plus it will continue with PS3 getting things last.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 9:01 am

orca464 wrote:
if it does go to PS3 i wont care because they will play it and end up admitting how awesome it is. plus it will continue with PS3 getting things last.
And like most multiplatform games the 360 version will look and play better.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Well, I don't mind if it does go to ps3. It's a great game and ps3 owners deserve to experience how awesome it is.
....that is if they even buy the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:17 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Well, I don't mind if it does go to ps3. It's a great game and ps3 owners deserve to experience how awesome it is.
....that is if they even buy the damn thing.
most ps3 owners are fanboys so no they dont deserve it bioware would waste there time
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:18 pm

I dont really care if it does,the only thing bad about the idea is the ps3 fanboys will go ranting about it for like a year.
Back to top Go down
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:35 pm

I think it probably will go multiplat and if it does ill just accept it.You wont see any of this petition crap from our side
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ToxicAvenger778
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 4:49 pm

Netbevit wrote:
arntson wrote:
wow they are retarded they still think its coming to ps3 when ms has the publishing rights!

arntson wrote:
C_Panda wrote:

arntson wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
arntson wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
I will laugh if it does.

You're an idiot, lmao. You call Sony fanboys "retarded," but you don't even know that Electronic Arts has the publishing rights to Mass Effect 2 since they OWN BioWare, lol. Are you really that stupid? Microsoft doesn't own any rights to Mass Effect 2. Please get a clue.

Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again 256px-Mass_Effect_2_cover

Let me know where you see Microsoft Game Studios on that box art.

Great job.
um dude ms game studios on the first games box
Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again MassEffectBox
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 4:49 pm

C_Panda wrote:
arntson wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
arntson wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
I will laugh if it does.
I know Ms is publishing it, but it could be a contract which Ms signed that would allow Ea to do anything with the game in the future. Just assuming though.
true could be i guess
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 4:56 pm

I think that Microsoft owns the publishing rights to Mass Effect, EA does not own the right to sell to anyone..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 5:02 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
I think that Microsoft owns the publishing rights to Mass Effect, EA does not own the right to sell to anyone..
ya i dont think the fact that ea bought bioware effects bioware-microsoft deals(this is wat i remember hearing maybe im misinformed)
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 5:33 pm

arntson wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
ya i dont think the fact that ea bought bioware effects bioware-microsoft deals(this is wat i remember hearing maybe im misinformed)

Well,microsoft owns the franchise im pretty sure.Meaning that they cant make it for ps3 without Microsofts permission.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 9:21 pm

mass effect 1 is not going to ps3 since MS published it

Mass Effect 2 can only stay 360/pc is MS paid EA enough or if they had some form of agreement. Cause EA could port it to ps3 if they really wanted to.

ive come to associate mass effect as a 360 franchise so i hope this doesnt happen.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 9:28 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
mass effect 1 is not going to ps3 since MS published it

Mass Effect 2 can only stay 360/pc is MS paid EA enough or if they had some form of agreement. Cause EA could port it to ps3 if they really wanted to.

ive come to associate mass effect as a 360 franchise so i hope this doesnt happen.
even if it did it most likely would be like spitting up a book would you like to read a book where its missing the first part and only get the other two?
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 10:39 pm

arntson wrote:

First off, BioWare/EA "accidentally" stating that it will be coming to the PS3 twice within a week makes a very solid foundation for a rumor.

Secondly, EA is known for publishing multiplatform titles.

Thirdly...it's published by EA, not Microsoft!

I don't know where you ever got the impression that Microsoft had publishing rights to this game, but it's completely wrong.

They may have published the first one, but the second one was given to EA, (as I said before) a company known for publishing multiplatform titles.

It may not end up coming to the PS3, and will still remain its current form of multiplatform, in which case I'll be rocking it on my PC, but also keep in mind that companies will lie through their teeth.

Only a few weeks prior to the PS3 Slim announcement, Sony had released an official statement claiming that there were currently no plans for a PS3 Slim.

Like I said, it might not happen, but don't rule it out so easily...especially with EA at the wheel.
Back to top Go down
Kyrtos213
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 10:41 pm

arntson wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

It is within EA's rights to create a PS3 version of Mass Effect 2. The deal was in place when Microsoft held the publishing rights, which is no longer true.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 11:24 pm

Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

It is within EA's rights to create a PS3 version of Mass Effect 2. The deal was in place when Microsoft held the publishing rights, which is no longer true.
How do you know? Were you there at the contract signing? Do you have a link to a reliable source?
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 12:28 am

Kyrtos213 wrote:
arntson wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

M$ isn't the publisher of the Mass Effect series, never was.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:37 am

CannibalShinobi wrote:

M$ isn't the publisher of the Mass Effect series, never was.

Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again Masseffect_box_cover_01_532x7482

Bioware was bought by EA after the release Mass Effect, since it was published by: Microsoft Gaming Studios
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again   Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again Empty

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect rumors rise again and Bioware has to squash the brownies dreams again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next