This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HAHAHAHA!! Socom 4 DELAYED TILL 2011!!

Go down 
+12
DemonWolf
Freemon34'
Yusuke Urameshi
Noelol
Master_Chief
GeneralMLD
Blixtstorm
Ozsem
Alan1994
handkerchief
Inuboy1000
Pein
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LittleBigGeek
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
LittleBigGeek

HAHAHAHA!! Socom 4 DELAYED TILL 2011!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAHAHAHA!! Socom 4 DELAYED TILL 2011!!   HAHAHAHA!! Socom 4 DELAYED TILL 2011!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:06 am

Isn't DC Universe Online coming out this year tho?
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: HAHAHAHA!! Socom 4 DELAYED TILL 2011!!   HAHAHAHA!! Socom 4 DELAYED TILL 2011!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:24 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
To be fair Microsoft also only has 2 games this fall too.

We have Reach and Fable but don't forget Black Ops which is going to be way bigger on 360 cause of exclusive content. Then there's also Kinect which will sell like crazy.

After the Kinect push, we have Gears of War 3.

Look I agree for the most part, but I don't get the whole thing where people pretend like COD is an Xbox exclusive. Having timed overpriced exclusive maps isn't much of a push. Besides at it's core COD is a PC game. >.>

Not pretend, but it in some way is "spiritually" a 360 exclusive. Its a combination of good marketing, the 360 demographic being a better fit for FPS, and the timed DLC, not to mention COD is now known best as a console title as they sell in the multi millions where as the PC versions tank by comparison.

Basically the hype gets to the point where all other versions then the 360 version are considered inferior/irrelevant, even if they are on par. How MS shaped consumer mindsets to hold the 360 versions above all others is brilliant in my eyes.

Very true. Did you see that every advertisement, every promotion and every article about MW2 was about the 360 version.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: HAHAHAHA!! Socom 4 DELAYED TILL 2011!!   HAHAHAHA!! Socom 4 DELAYED TILL 2011!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:44 am

ghost23 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

We have Reach and Fable but don't forget Black Ops which is going to be way bigger on 360 cause of exclusive content. Then there's also Kinect which will sell like crazy.

And there are games that may still make it in 2010, and if not they'll make it to early or mid 2011, eg:

Gray Matter
The Secret World (most likely 2011 though)
Kingdom Under Fire II
Loads of xbla titles
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: HAHAHAHA!! Socom 4 DELAYED TILL 2011!!   HAHAHAHA!! Socom 4 DELAYED TILL 2011!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 3:27 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

Look I agree for the most part, but I don't get the whole thing where people pretend like COD is an Xbox exclusive. Having timed overpriced exclusive maps isn't much of a push. Besides at it's core COD is a PC game. >.>

Not pretend, but it in some way is "spiritually" a 360 exclusive. Its a combination of good marketing, the 360 demographic being a better fit for FPS, and the timed DLC, not to mention COD is now known best as a console title as they sell in the multi millions where as the PC versions tank by comparison.

Basically the hype gets to the point where all other versions then the 360 version are considered inferior/irrelevant, even if they are on par. How MS shaped consumer mindsets to hold the 360 versions above all others is brilliant in my eyes.

Despite how much advertisement they do for the 360 version, MW2 still sold 6-7 million on the PS3. I don't consider COD as an exclusive at all. 3rd party support is always welcomed but Microsoft REALLY needs a better 1st party foundation. Instead of spending millions for timed exclusive content they could invest more in 1st party developers/games. As much as I hate to say it there is no gaurantee that our current top line up of 3rd party exclusives (Mass Effect, L4D, Splinter Cell Conviction) will do a 180 on us if Microsoft stops supporting them. 1st IPs on the other hand are locked exclusives that could be useful in the future for Microsoft when they plan to launch a next gen console.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAHAHAHA!! Socom 4 DELAYED TILL 2011!!   HAHAHAHA!! Socom 4 DELAYED TILL 2011!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

HAHAHAHA!! Socom 4 DELAYED TILL 2011!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2