This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo's move from Bungie to 343

Go down 
+8
Arbiteris
Master_Chief
Blixtstorm
Pein
Inuboy1000
xjosh360s
ghost23
Spartan v07
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How do you feel about Halo moving developers?
Great Idea
Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 Vote_lcap74%Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 74% [ 14 ]
This sucks, I want Bungie to make them always!
Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
i dont really know bungie sucks for ditching microsoft and halo but most of the skilled halo makers are at 343 industries so im ok with it

How do they suck for ditching Microsoft? It was one of their smartest moves, even the Bungie fans praised it. They also only have 2 Bungie employees, luckily for the Halo fans, 343's leader Frank O' Connor is the former Halo content manager.
i dont know if bungies gonna make any better game then halo thats why i find it stupid that they left and i said (ditching microsoft and halo) are you seriously ok with bungie not making halos anymore? what if 343 industries flops? would you prefer that than bungie just stays making halo?
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:19 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
i dont really know bungie sucks for ditching microsoft and halo but most of the skilled halo makers are at 343 industries so im ok with it

How do they suck for ditching Microsoft? It was one of their smartest moves, even the Bungie fans praised it. They also only have 2 Bungie employees, luckily for the Halo fans, 343's leader Frank O' Connor is the former Halo content manager.
i dont know if bungies gonna make any better game then halo thats why i find it stupid that they left and i said (ditching microsoft and halo) are you seriously ok with bungie not making halos anymore? what if 343 industries flops? would you prefer that than bungie just stays making halo?

What ever game Bungie makes will guarantee not to be as good or big as Halo. For Halo they were there at the right time,it was perfect timing. They are making it very vague in terms of if they will ever make another Halo. I notice Brian jarrard says last for now[keyword now]. you need to listen carefully in interviews when they ask him about them making the last Halo game. Could be the last for a long time,maybe that is what they were doing in the Halo 3 ending a subliminal message? [cortana says it will be years even until they land]. He says also that we will see how the future turns out.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:20 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

I wouldnt ask Ezek that question.Hes not a Halo fan,but instead a Bungie fan and a Marathon fan.Though I do have to agree with him,I like the fact that Bungie is moving on.I dont think Bungie is ditching MS,they are just going there own way,just like a child eventually leaves the parent(MS was Bungie's "Parent" company).Yet I doubt you would say that your ditching your parents when you do move out.

I love Halo and I love how 343 and MS are continuing it,but Bungie needs to move on and create more "gods gift to gamers" franchises.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:26 pm

[quote="HellJumper"]
xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

I wouldnt ask Ezek that question.Hes not a Halo fan,but instead a Bungie fan and a Marathon fan.Though I do have to agree with him,I like the fact that Bungie is moving on.I dont think Bungie is ditching MS,they are just going there own way,just like a child eventually leaves the parent(MS was Bungie's "Parent" company).Yet I doubt you would say that your ditching your parents when you do move out.

I love Halo and I love how 343 and MS are continuing it,but Bungie needs to move on and create more "gods gift to gamers" franchises.[/quote

343 is wannabes trying to feed off someone else's success except frank o connor. Bungie could make a new ip and Halo,other developers do it. Are they not as talented or something? How come brian doesn't make it clear that they will never make another Halo game.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:32 pm

[quote="Spartan v07"]
HellJumper wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

I love Halo and I love how 343 and MS are continuing it,but Bungie needs to move on and create more "gods gift to gamers" franchises.[/quote

343 is wannabes trying to feed off someone else's success except frank o connor. Bungie could make a new ip and Halo,other developers do it. Are they not as talented or something? How come brian doesn't make it clear that they will never make another Halo game.

*Facepalm* I really wish there was a facepalm emote because I would literally spam the page with it.This post that you just made has got to be the most stupid post ive seen this week(no offense).I mean seriously.......
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:36 pm

[quote="HellJumper"]
Spartan v07 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

*Facepalm* I really wish there was a facepalm emote because I would literally spam the page with it.This post that you just made has got to be the most stupid post ive seen this week(no offense).I mean seriously.......

you mad? It's the truth.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 pm

Here's the quote if anyone is interested.

Is this it for Halo from Bungie then?

"For Bungie? As far as right now, currently, yes. This is our last Halo Bungie game. Now in the future, who knows? You can never say never, because things change. maybe ten years down the line we decide to make another Halo game, but for right now, yes. This is it for us."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:37 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

Yes, becuase I am a Bungie fan, much more so then a Halo fan. I love seeing them move on with something else. They are not stupid just because they want to move on and don't want to be some stupid one trick pony company.

After all;

Alexander Seropian wrote:
It is better to be The Man, then to work for The Man.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

Yes, becuase I am a Bungie fan, much more so then a Halo fan. I love seeing them move on with something else. They are not stupid just because they want to move on and don't want to be some stupid one trick pony company.

After all;

they aren't one trick ponies as it is,they made others games before Halo. Also we aren't saying to not make a new ip but make halo games along with those ip's like others developers do.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

After all;

well YOU asked for opinions and you got my opinion, which is i think that its stupid of bungie to stop making halo, but most of all hopefully 343 industries doesn't mess up halo, hopefully they make halo better than bungie (i will hate bungie if they make a call of duty)
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:06 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

After all;

they aren't one trick ponies as it is,they made others games before Halo. Also we aren't saying to not make a new ip but make halo games along with those ip's like others developers do.
they can't do that microsoft owns halo and bungie wants to go multiplat thats why i think they're stupid, they should make halo for microsoft and make other games that are multiplat, but maybe 343 industries wont do that bad we just have to wait for the next halo after reach and find out ourselves
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:50 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

After all;

they can't do that microsoft owns halo and bungie wants to go multiplat thats why i think they're stupid, they should make halo for microsoft and make other games that are multiplat, but maybe 343 industries wont do that bad we just have to wait for the next halo after reach and find out ourselves

I know MS owns Halo,but they can still make Halo and another ip. Look at insomniac still making resistance even after making a new ip that is multiplatform.Bungie mainly wants to do a new ip,nothing more or less. I think MS is dumb because maybe they didn't want Bungie to do a new ip. What i find weird though is that MS said their relationship with bungie has not changed.

"Our partnership with Bungie as a first-party developer for Xbox 360 remains unchanged, and right now we're deeply engaged with them on the development of Halo Reach, which is poised to be the biggest game of 2010." I'm personally going to wait,for all we know they will make Halo just next gen because brian jarrard made it sound like it might happen.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

After all;

I know MS owns Halo,but they can still make Halo and another ip. Look at insomniac still making resistance even after making a new ip that is multiplatform.Bungie mainly wants to do a new ip,nothing more or less. I think MS is dumb because maybe they didn't want Bungie to do a new ip. What i find weird though is that MS said their relationship with bungie has not changed.

"Our partnership with Bungie as a first-party developer for Xbox 360 remains unchanged, and right now we're deeply engaged with them on the development of Halo Reach, which is poised to be the biggest game of 2010." I'm personally going to wait,for all we know they will make Halo just next gen because brian jarrard made it sound like it might happen.

Actually to be accurate its Insomniac North Carolina, which was just founded last year, is making the new game. Insmniac California, the makers of all the other Insomniac games, are still making Resistance and Ratchet. But still a pretty good reference.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:06 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

After all;

Actually to be accurate its Insomniac North Carolina, which was just founded last year, is making the new game. Insmniac California, the makers of all the other Insomniac games, are still making Resistance and Ratchet. But still a pretty good reference.

Actually its the burbank studio making the new ip which is the ones who did resistance. i thought it was like how you said too but then i found out it is the same studio that made resistance and ratchet for the new ip.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:20 pm

Yeah I just googled it. I guess they gave the keys to the other IPs to I:NC.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:27 pm

I seriously wish there was a facepalm emote........
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:37 pm

HellJumper wrote:

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 Facepalm_emote_gif
Its just that easy son.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:40 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 Facepalm
Its just that easier. lol.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:

Probably but before that they did make resistance as a new ip in 2006 and then went back to their older ip with Ratchet and clank.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:44 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

Probably but before that they did make resistance as a new ip in 2006 and then went back to their older ip with Ratchet and clank.
They seem to go back and forth.

2006. R1
2007. Tools of Destruction
2008. R2
2009. A Crack in Time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:50 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

After all;

lol you said exactly what I said, I said they weren't one trick ponies Razz. Also, I know Bungie has made other games besides Halo, in fact, I am the lead promoter on this site for other Bungie games, (My avatar and sig are from Marathon).

I am not opposed to the second thing about them making other IPs and Halo, I am just glad that they are making a non-Halo game.

You sure you were replying to me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:54 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

After all;

well YOU asked for opinions and you got my opinion, which is i think that its stupid of bungie to stop making halo, but most of all hopefully 343 industries doesn't mess up halo, hopefully they make halo better than bungie (i will hate bungie if they make a call of duty)

Yes I did, but you asked a question, so I gave you an answer.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

After all;

Yes I did, but you asked a question, so I gave you an answer.
true but it still doesnt change how i feel about this
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:51 am

I don't mind either way. If 343 make a decent halo title, good. If 343 make a crap one, ok I just won't buy it. But i'm sure they have the resources and the people to make a solid title.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Melonbro
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Nothing after reach will ever be the same.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo's move from Bungie to 343
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next