This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?

Go down 
+3
NightFang91
ZeInFormer
Xiammes
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Just wondering since I still play it every now and then. Its my favorite online FPS of all time.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Halo 1 PC is a terrible port on the MP aspecg. Great port on SP part though. I basically bought it for the MP, and I felt like I got ripped off, but still the awesome SP was well ported and that's the main reason why I'm not selling it.
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:35 pm

may I have that in english please? Halo 1 pc was amazing and far better then the original x-box game, most shooters are. Anything that is wrong with initially will get fixed quick.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:36 pm

Xiammes wrote:
may I have that in english please? Halo 1 pc was amazing and far better then the original x-box game, most shooters are. Anything that is wrong with initially will get fixed quick.
Just like how MW2 was fixed?

Still no dedicated servers.
Still hackers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Halo PC was my first Halo game.

It has flaws, the servers are constantly lagging and there are hackers, but the single player was good.
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:42 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Xiammes wrote:

Still hackers.

IW is terrible, Treyarch has always put dedicated servers into their games.
Dedicated servers take care of pretty much every complaint. Hackers get banned/have their own servers.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:45 pm

Xiammes wrote:

Dedicated servers take care of pretty much every complaint. Hackers get banned/have their own servers.
Pretty much the only devs who care about dedicated servers nowadays are Valve.
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:49 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Xiammes wrote:

Pretty much the only devs who care about dedicated servers nowadays are Valve.

Valve is pretty much the only company that cares for their customers at all now-a-days.
Treyarch has constantly criticized IW decision to remove dedicated servers, Matchmaking completely ruins anyone that isn't in the USA.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:52 pm

Xiammes wrote:

Valve is pretty much the only company that cares for their customers at all now-days.
Treyarch has constantly criticized IW decision to remove dedicated servers, Matchmaking completely ruins anyone that isn't in the USA.
DICE also criticized IW, but then you had to pay for dedicated BFBC2 servers (and they didn't allow modding).
I don't have much hope for Black Ops. :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:57 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Xiammes wrote:

Valve is pretty much the only company that cares for their customers at all now-days.
DICE also criticized IW, but then you had to pay for dedicated BFBC2 servers (and they didn't allow modding).

No one really has hope for Call of Duty at all now-a-days, except the avid fanboys.
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:57 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Xiammes wrote:

I am looking foward to black ops, Treyarch has its hands full fixing MW2 mistakes. I what they did with MW and turned it into WaW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:23 pm

I downloaded the demo just to play Blood Gulch Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:30 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

people still play the demo daily, about a thousand people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Xiammes wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

people still play the demo daily, about a thousand people.

I know. Just shows how awesome Blood Gulch is Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:36 pm

I played the Trial alot when I was at school, we would go skip lunch and go to the libary and play it. Everyone always complained about KB/M but I always kicked their ass.
Back to top Go down
Bane_of_Logic

Bane_of_Logic

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:12 am

Oh God, I remember back when I got Halo PC. Our computer was so junk at the time, that it wouldn't render team/player colors, everyone was flat gray with a black visor.

God forbid you were on my team and we bumped into each other. The only way I could determine teams was by the green arrow over your head. If I didn't see it, consequences be damned, I would shoot you.

Custom Edition and the various mods for it were hilariously fun. A shotgun that fires rockets instead of shot? Yes, please.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:26 pm

NightFang91 wrote:

Still hackers.
We patched in our OWN dedicated servers.
Hackers are kicked on a constant basis, no matter what service you're using to play MW2. And you're implying that there are no hackers on the PS3 or Xbox360 version? LOL?

Edit: Oh, and BTW, on our OWN Dedicated servers, when you pick a room, we label which ones have hacks, and which dont. Hackers usually play in their own rooms, where everyone is enabled to use the same hacks. But when they venture outside their hacked rooms, the host of the room can boot them ingame. This is not just MW2, but also Halo 1 on PC.
Back to top Go down
Crownjo
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Crownjo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:49 pm

does anyone have a spare code? I wanna use the halo tag...
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:46 am

I still play H1 online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?   Anyone still play Halo 1 pc? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone still play Halo 1 pc?
Page 1 of 1