This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who has the advantage this christmas?

Go down 
+3
DemonWolf
Arbiteris
psychogamer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
psychogamer

psychogamer

Who has the advantage this christmas? Empty
PostSubject: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 2:32 pm

Im not trolling lol, im not a fanboy for either consoles, but i just want to hear constructive opinions on this article

Quote :
Cowen Group analyst Doug Creutz believes the PS3 has, for the first time, a "significant price advantage" over the Xbox 360 this holiday season.

"With the frontline Xbox 360 console (the Elite) also retailing for $299, we believe Sony now has, for the first time, a significant price advantage at retail, particularly in the minds of serious gamers who are more likely to be considering the PS3 vs. the Xbox 360 Elite rather than the $199 Xbox 360 Arcade version," explained Creutz.

According result of a survey carried out by Creutz, 21 per cent of respondents who don't currently own a PS3 plan to buy one this holiday season, nearly double the Xbox 360's 12 per cent purchase intent.

Survey data also revealed that 32 per cent of PS2 owners who are yet to upgrade to the PS3 plan on doing so.

source

so what do yous think?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 2:37 pm

I dont really listen to this crap.Ive read multiple atricles saying "360 will outsell ps3" and "ps3 will outsell 360".Im just going to wiat until the holidays are over.But i got to admit,i think 360 will outsell ps3.With MW2 and the MW2 console.There even cmany people wanting to buy forza 3 and ODST.
Back to top Go down
psychogamer

psychogamer

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 2:41 pm

i know things change and anything can happen, but in truth i think at least both consoles will battle it out evenly, and it will be very close because obviously xbox is the more popular console but the ones who want gaming and a home entertainment system will go for the ps3, and the ones who want pure gaming will go for the xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 2:44 pm

psychogamer wrote:
i know things change and anything can happen, but in truth i think at least both consoles will battle it out evenly, and it will be very close because obviously xbox is the more popular console but the ones who want gaming and a home entertainment system will go for the ps3, and the ones who want pure gaming will go for the xbox 360.

You could be right.But it is hard to tell right now.I could see people buying ps3 for blu-ray but not for many gamers.360 will probally seel alot due to the large ammount of gamers out there.Did you know,more people play video games then listen to music and watch movies.
Back to top Go down
psychogamer

psychogamer

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 pm

yeah, i personally have both systems. xbox is great for online play, but when you see that for the exact same price you are getting bluray player and free online play that swayed me to buying the PS3 when the price fell.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 2:53 pm

psychogamer wrote:
yeah, i personally have both systems. xbox is great for online play, but when you see that for the exact same price you are getting bluray player and free online play that swayed me to buying the PS3 when the price fell.

Ah yes.that almost got me too buy a ps3 too.But i already have a blu-ray player and ps3 doesnt have many great games for me too spend 300$.I might get a ps3 next year though.This yea i want to get Rockband and some other awesome 360 games.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 3:03 pm

We all know Ps3 has had the slim just released but it's still slightly more expensive so I reckon 360 will sell more just for that. Think of all the kids asking for a gaming system, which are the parents gonna buy? The cheap one or the slightly more expensive one?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 3:05 pm

I'l buy a PS3 when it is at 199 euros. By the end of 2011 it should be at that price i hope....
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 5:47 pm

The PS3 might have a slight advantage in terms of sales over the 360 but the Call of Duty series has more fans on the 360 then on the PS3, so it could be about even.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 5:59 pm

psychogamer wrote:
Interesting. 3 posts and this guy sounds like hes already spouting the usual PS3 fanboy rhetoric that we always hear. Propably one of the group that keeps coming over here from Playstation Academy and creating new profiles. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 6:04 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
psychogamer wrote:
Interesting. 3 posts and this guy sounds like hes already spouting the usual PS3 fanboy rhetoric that we always hear. Propably one of the group that keeps coming over here from Playstation Academy and creating new profiles. Time will tell.
MS will win this christmas because of MW2 alone, and PS3 sales are already dropping week after week. Hell, look at all the stacks at Best Buys. The PS3Slim's leg's have fallen short compared to PS2Slim's legs.
Back to top Go down
psychogamer

psychogamer

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 6:07 pm

lol what? its just a topic to see what others opinions are...no fanboy rhetoric involved in my posts

what, because its an xbox forum, we arent even allowed to discuss the PS3? this is the console war section, its all about this.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 6:08 pm

psychogamer wrote:
lol what? its just a topic to see what others opinions are...no fanboy rhetoric involved in my posts

what, because its an xbox forum, we arent even allowed to discuss the PS3? this is the console war section, its all about this.
You are so smart. I love you. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 6:18 pm

psychogamer wrote:

Which is why I said time will tell. I'm giving you the benefit of a doubt. We have had alot of people join here claiming to only want 'openminded discussions' only to have them turn out to be one of the lemmings from Playstation Academy. So when somebody joins up and right away posts a pro PS3 article and then starts talking about the so called 'advantages' of the PS3 it raises a red flag. So like I said before time will tell.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 6:21 pm

I'm guessing Playstation Academy the PS3 version of this website?

scratch
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 6:29 pm

dreadraptor85 wrote:
I'm guessing Playstation Academy the PS3 version of this website?

scratch
Yes. Some of the Trey Brotherhood hang out there too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who has the advantage this christmas?   Who has the advantage this christmas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who has the advantage this christmas?
Page 1 of 1