This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MGS4 load times

Go down 
+7
Arbiteris
lli2j4r
Noel
C_Panda
Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
game0reviews
11 posters
AuthorMessage
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 1:17 pm

I think its so funny when PS3 fanboys say that MGS4 would need 7 discs or something on the 360. The thing is i have never seen such long installation times in any other game. In the time it takes to load you could swap a disc 9 times over! Plus i really wouldn't care if there were 2 discs for a good game, i ain't a fat lazy idiot. What do you guys think about multiple discs?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/game0reviews
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 1:58 pm

I'm not bothered with multiple disks.
I have The Sims 2 for pc that has 4 discs (but you just use one for core gameplay).
I've also played lots of pc games that have like 3 discs or something but require you to change mid-game (throughout the story).
I mean there could be optional harddrive installs for the 360 version anyway but if not, several discs is no problem. Lets say there were 3 discs:
2 for the main campaign. Perhaps half of it on one disc, the other half on the other and then one for multiplayer.
It's no problem, ps3 games tend to have longer load times and so in the time that it loads for the ps3 version, on the 360 version you could have switched disks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 1:59 pm

i dont care about multiple discs, didnt care when there were 5 cds instead of 1 dvd. Still the manufacturing cost of 5dvds is equal to 1bluray disc, so developers tend to use dvds to the limit instead of moving.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:04 pm

Ironic part is Sony fanboys did it for two generations in a row. And, now multiple discs are a big deal? Lol. I smell something fishy.

Last edited by C_Panda on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Noel
Noel

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:17 pm

Well i like multiple discs for a game. If its an RPG, it will feel like you are playing
Final Fantasy VII or any other RPG because it feels like old times. For a racing game
( Gran Turismo 5 ), it wouldn't make any sense.
Back to top Go down
lli2j4r
Seaman Recruit

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:34 pm

well every1 knos dvd owns blue ray. but their games take up like 1000 gb for their smanshy fancy graphics that have to use freakin multiple disks. look at our games they never go above 7 gb cuz we own. 360 4 life.
Back to top Go down
lli2j4r
Seaman Recruit

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:34 pm

btw what the fuck cares about blue ray no1 watches blue ray people dont buy big tv its reccesion save ur money and buy 360
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Disks never bother me.I needed to swap around 10 disks to install Battlefield 1942:The Complete Collection
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:30 pm

lli2j4r wrote:
well every1 knos dvd owns blue ray. but their games take up like 1000 gb for their smanshy fancy graphics that have to use freakin multiple disks. look at our games they never go above 7 gb cuz we own. 360 4 life.
Actually bluray doesn't make better graphics. And all the space that PS3 games take up is the same game data repeated over throughout the disc to reduce fetch times due to the slow BR drive and also uncompressed audio.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Metal Gear Solid 4 installation.....if thats the future....then dark times are upon us.
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 7:50 am

when I played it it took like 10 mins when it was loading
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:28 am

daveMastaKill wrote:
Metal Gear Solid 4 installation......
Thats what they should have called the game. Or Metal Gear Movie since it felt like I spent more time watching it than playing it with all the marathon cutscenes.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:52 am

Master_Chief wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
Thats what they should have called the game. Or Metal Gear Movie since it felt like I spent more time watching it than playing it with all the marathon cutscenes.

Yes, the movies also were way more bigger than the usual so don't forget to thank the the Blu-Ray boys. But even the cutscenes will be the least of my problems if it was not for that humoungous installation time of seeing an old fuck smoking.
Maybe with MGS:Rising the man actually holds itself a little and focus more on some fucking gameplay. I would also like to know if the PS3 version would still need to install. Nothing like finishing the first DVD, while the other suckers still are installing the damn game. Lmao.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:00 am

daveMastaKill wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

Yes, the movies also were way more bigger than the usual so don't forget to thank the the Blu-Ray boys. But even the cutscenes will be the least of my problems if it was not for that humoungous installation time of seeing an old fuck smoking.
Maybe with MGS:Rising the man actually holds itself a little and focus more on some fucking gameplay. I would also like to know if the PS3 version would still need to install. Nothing like finishing the first DVD, while the other suckers still are installing the damn game. Lmao.
Very true.
Back to top Go down
averagejoe
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
averagejoe

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:06 pm

yh the load times a freaking ridiculous! but guys it is worth it. along with Mass Effect its the best game of this gen 4 me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MGS4 load times Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGS4 load times   MGS4 load times Empty

Back to top Go down

MGS4 load times
Page 1 of 1