This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2 times this shit has happen

Go down 
+5
Invincible
DemonWolf
Stigma
Stoney
joe11
9 posters
AuthorMessage
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

2 times this shit has happen Empty
PostSubject: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:35 pm

my ps3 has failed on me another time with the ylod. Its pissing my off, now i have to get the cheap ass looking slim. AND THEY SAY THE 360 HAS BAD HARDWARE WHILE THE PS3 FAILED ON ME 2 TIMES
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:39 am

Really? Twice! Thats unheard off. Very unlucky Joe.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:18 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Really? Twice! Thats unheard off. Very unlucky Joe.
yup
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:15 pm

3 times it's fucked up on one of my friends lol

At least with 360 you get a longer warranty, and if not than a cheaper repair fee or easy fix'em up yourself, not some outrageous $150 repair fee.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:59 am

wait guys it working now but sometimes it goes off by its self so i have to limt playing time by a lot
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:42 am

joe11 wrote:
wait guys it working now but sometimes it goes off by its self so i have to limt playing time by a lot

Hmmm that's weird. But maybe you should contact Sony and have it fixed anyway because seeing as it's not ylod, just some weird turning off issue it shouldn't cost too much to have fixed whereas if you just carry on playing like this and having these issues occuring and suddenly have ylod, then it would probably cost more, whereas having it fixed now may prevent ylod issues.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptySat May 01, 2010 4:51 pm

demondragondude wrote:
joe11 wrote:

Hmmm that's weird. But maybe you should contact Sony and have it fixed anyway because seeing as it's not ylod, just some weird turning off issue it shouldn't cost too much to have fixed whereas if you just carry on playing like this and having these issues occuring and suddenly have ylod, then it would probably cost more, whereas having it fixed now may prevent ylod issues.

Nope. I'm pretty sure they charge you $150 no matter what the problem is if it's out of warranty.

The YLOD is actually very rare. But it's very common that older fat PS3's experience disc drive failures or HDMI problems. When it happened to my 40gig, I wiped the HD clean and that helped, but it still wouldn't play some games. With all pricey electronics, it's best to invest in the extended warranty. It's a life saver sometimes.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptySat May 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Invincible wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
joe11 wrote:

Nope. I'm pretty sure they charge you $150 no matter what the problem is if it's out of warranty.

The YLOD is actually very rare. But it's very common that older fat PS3's experience disc drive failures or HDMI problems. When it happened to my 40gig, I wiped the HD clean and that helped, but it still wouldn't play some games. With all pricey electronics, it's best to invest in the extended warranty. It's a life saver sometimes.

Ah man that sucks.
And yeah I heard if you pay an extra $30 or something at purchase you get another 2 years warranty. That's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptySun May 02, 2010 5:27 am

my friend ps3 screwed up 2 times too,he got a 60gb model and it fucked up,he bought a 80gb model and the 60gb model got repaired and they shipped it back to him,after that the 80gb model fucked up and they couldnt repaired it so they gave him a ps3 slim 250gb..so right now he has 2 ps3s
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:38 am

Yeah, sometimes your shit breaking down can be a blessing in disguise. When the speakers stopped working a year after I bought my LCD, I was PISSED. But then they couldn't fix it, so I got a brand new TV that was a lot better then the original.

So now I'm praying this one breaks down in a few years so I might be able to get a new 3D LED out of them the next time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptySun May 02, 2010 1:33 pm

joe11 wrote:
my ps3 has failed on me another time with the ylod. Its pissing my off, now i have to get the cheap ass looking slim. AND THEY SAY THE 360 HAS BAD HARDWARE WHILE THE PS3 FAILED ON ME 2 TIMES
Same here. First my 60gig got YLOD and then my 40gig stopped reading discs. I now have an 80gig. And for those saying its unheard of I say BS. I've seen plenty of people on various PS3 fansites having 2 PS3s fail on them.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptySun May 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Same here. First my 60gig got YLOD and then my 40gig stopped reading discs. I now have an 80gig. And for those saying its unheard of I say BS. I've seen plenty of people on various PS3 fansites having 2 PS3s fail on them.
thats what happen to my first ps3 my discs could read 4 some reason, they say that the blueray player died which is something u don't need to worry about the 360
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:49 pm

That sucks, I have had my 80GB for almost 3 years no and NO problems what so ever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:02 pm

I like the SLIM more than the PHAT PS3. I just like the Matte paint on consoles.
Back to top Go down
Real PBone
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:10 pm

thats really shitty luck bro im sorry man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 times this shit has happen   2 times this shit has happen Empty

Back to top Go down

2 times this shit has happen
Page 1 of 1