This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A reply... and my response...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

A reply... and my response... Empty
PostSubject: A reply... and my response...   A reply... and my response... EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 7:40 am

If you haven't read the original, check it out.
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/the-console-war-f1/fanboys-are-questioning-halo-reach-s-awesomeness-t1633.htm

Here's his response:

Quote :
Well you can get exicted about it, but to call it GOTY already? espeacially for a game which we have seen NO GAMEPLAY whatsoever just 2 or 3 trailers? GOTY right now is too early.

LOL remember when KZ2 and unchated 2 and also infamous came out 360 fanboys said that graphics have never mattered. and seeing has the only thing 360 fanboys talk about when referring to Halo: reach is graphics its hypocritical.

I doubt those were in-game graphics and even if they were their not eye-poppin visuals.

well i only started looking at KZ2 when the IGN reveiw came out so i don't really know what was going on back in 2007 (or 2008).

First of all the ps3 is right now a steam-roller. the ps3 slim cut the 360-ps3 gap by 3 MILLION UNITS that s fucking amazing. it already has the momentum and with sequels coming out that were once ps2 favorites (GOW3, GT5 FF13, the last guardian etc) that already have a shitload of hype on them (i've already seen an ad for GOW3) it just shows pure domination for the ps3 in 2010. the 360 has natal and just maybe reach (i don't see reach selling that much after what happened with halo ODST). but tings look good for the ps3 in 2010 its our best yr. and yea has you said we shall see how well the systems really did at the end of 2010 but i can bet again the ps3 will be on top and by 2011 take over the 360. after what happened this yr anything can happen

My response:

Hey I'm not calling it GOTY. But I reckon that it could get goty considering Bungies previous efforts.

No, actually you'll find we're not just discussing the graphics. We're discussing the characters involved, the locations, new weapons, the gameplay style (some believe it will be squad/team based and stuff), etc. But we are mentioning the graphics too because in case you hadn't noticed, they look absolutely amazing.
You're getting the fact that we're intrigued about how great the graphics look, confused with us thinking graphics is going to be the only good thing about it.

I'm not saying you personally were like that about Killzone 2 but the majority of ps3 fanboys were.

As far as sales go, yes ps3 is doing well. I'm sure that the fact that sony have put the price so low that they are losing money with each system they sell and that they released the slim model recently is having something to do with it but nevermind.
But you are failing to realise that ps3 wont overtake Xbox 360 soon. Ps3 had a good year with a drastic price drop and new model released as well as a lot of good exclusives but that happens to every game console at some point in its life cycle. You don't understand that Microsoft will do something like that in 2010 and we all know 2010 is a brilliant year for Xbox 360 (Splinter Cell Conviction, Alan Wake, Halo Reach, possibly Fable III, The Secret World, Kingdom Under Fire II, Divinity 2, Venetica, Mass Effect 2, Metro 2033, Mechwarrior, Ninety Nine Nights 2 and of course Project Natal).
Even if ps3 were to get up to just 1 million units less than 360's total sales, there will almost definately be some thing that will push the 360's sales a lot further. Whether it's natal, the huge game lineup, possibly another pricecut, possibly another bundle, possibly a fix for rrod, etc.

Yes, ps3 had an excellent year in 2009 and 2010 looks about as good. 2009 was one of Xbox 360's worst years but next year it's going to have an excellent year and I'm almost 100% certain it will be better than ps3's.

Now enough about sales, the one thing which matters about a gaming system is it's games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: A reply... and my response...   A reply... and my response... EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:47 am

Ps3 fanboys will likely bring up stuff like. 'But we are getting gran turismo 5 and god of war 3!'
First of all gran turismo sucks ass compared to forza motorsport 3, ever since they made the first forza gran turismo has been going downhill. And sure GOW 3 will be a great game but halo reach will kick its ass left right and centre.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: A reply... and my response...   A reply... and my response... EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:53 am

wow this guy is ignorant. He actually thinks that Reach wont sell well. Thats coming out from a PS3 fanboys mouth whos biggest exclusive to date took over 2 months to sell the same amount that a mere 360 expansion did in 24 hours.

Uncharted 2: October 13th 2009- December 2009: 2 million units
Halo 3 ODST : September 22nd 2009 12:00am - September 22nd 11:59pm: 2 Million units
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: A reply... and my response...   A reply... and my response... EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 7:24 pm

Tsk tsk, PS3 fanboys love to say Xbox is shit... tsk tsk... they dont know what a great console would be if it hit them in the face.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A reply... and my response...   A reply... and my response... Empty

Back to top Go down

A reply... and my response...
Page 1 of 1