This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft

Go down 
+8
TEKKENFANBOY
Arbiteris
Zombl337
spartan225
Pickles
343_Guilty_Spark
Kendo
DemonWolf
12 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Really great read:

Quote :
We all learn from each other don’t we? Of course we do and people, companies, corporations, sports teams and chefs, I could go on and on but what I’m trying to get to is that no one person knows it all, and in order to succeed you must copy at least some things from another in the same field in which you endeavor to be successful.

Microsoft is an awesomely successful software giant, but don’t think they got there by coming up with innovative ideas all by themselves, on the contrary they stole, or should I say borrow many ideas from companies alike. In the gaming industry, Microsoft has borrowed a lot of winning strategies from Sony, don’t you think it’s time the good folks at Sony do the same? Listed below are four traits Microsoft has that Sony needs.

Proactive Mentality

Microsoft didn’t just grab Sony’s market share in the U.S. by sitting back and watching time take its course; the giant has been relentlessly doing all it can to make sure that they’re one step ahead because Redmond knows that one moment, one brief slumber and they stand to lose all they’ve gained in the last few years. So constantly, Microsoft pushes forward vigorously doing all that is known to stay ahead. Some of the tactics that are used might be questionable but nonetheless the job gets done. Being proactive is a trait Microsoft adopted after the original Xbox failed to effectively compete with the PS3, and it’s proving to be a good one.

Great Customer Service (RROD fiasco)

It wasn’t always this way, but when you’re facing a potential recall of your product, when millions seem to be failing every month and when the media is constantly resurrecting the situation, you can’t help but develop a customer service that’s second to none in order to kill the heat somewhat, and that’s exactly what Microsoft did. One of the reasons you don’t hear too many Xbox 360 owners who’ve experienced RROD cry about it, is because of the great customer service and a three year warranty Microsoft gives with each console it sells. Not only that but the representatives deal with you extremely well, a message that must have been relayed to staff straight from the top.

On many occasions, I’ve heard PS3 owners who’ve had their consoles die the YLOD complained about the lack of customer service Sony provided and how they almost every time had to pay a lot of money to get it fixed or replaced. Although the PS3 is super reliable, there’s no excuse for why Sony lacks in the customer service department, they should take a cue from MS, it would serve them pretty well.

Persistence (MS is Hungry)

I has been this way from the onset, ever since the Xbox 360 was launched Microsoft it seems has been on a mission. They’ve said it many a times in the past, ‘this generation Xbox 360 will beat PS3 to become the most successful platform,’ and they keep on reiterating the same words until you believe it. Say what you will but for a company that’s relatively new to the games industry, they’ve done a pretty decent job at keeping Sony awake at night thinking of ways to combat this new ‘monster’.

Natal is coming to a store near you next spring and whether you choose to believe it or not, it will sell like hot cakes on day one; why? Marketing at Microsoft is topnotch. The advertising department has been doing a super job with getting the Xbox 360 name known and they’re doing the same with Natal. Marketing at MS is so good that sometimes a game is coming to the market and although it’s a mulitplatform title, because of Microsoft’s advertising you’d think the game was exclusive to the Xbox 360, especially if you’re not an informed customer.

Sony must get hungry like Microsoft if their intention is to defeat the software giant this gen, but there’s good news: they’re heading that direction.

Money

Yes money, the good book says it “answers all things,” doesn’t matter what the struggle, how high the mountain or how steep the hill, money will overcome it. We have no advice to offer Sony on how to make more of it than just keep getting better at what they do, keep making excellent products and it will eventually get bigger and bigger. Make no mistake, Sony is not in trouble, in fact it could buy up many companies out there and feel nothing, no financial strain; but compared to Microsoft, what it has in the bank is but a drop in the bucket.

It’s no wonder the Redmond giant can buy timed exclusives, put on major ad campaigns, offer blowout deals, pump millions into project Natal, and so much more. Money does wonders and Microsoft has it.

Taken from:
http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/01/02/four-traits-microsoft-has-and-sony-needs/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 5:02 pm

Hm... Microsoft is bringing us great games. Who cares about anything else?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:58 pm

Kendo wrote:

I don't just want MS to succeed. I want Sony to feel the pain they caused Sega. I want cocky Sony fantards to cry with butt hurt even their grandchildren will feel. I want the name Sony to be synonymous with failure.

Microsoft can do it if they try hard enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:38 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Kendo wrote:

I don't just want MS to succeed. I want Sony to feel the pain they caused Sega. I want cocky Sony fantards to cry with butt hurt even their grandchildren will feel. I want the name Sony to be synonymous with failure.

You're mean.

lol
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:30 am

No they are a million steps behind
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:21 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Kendo wrote:

If Playstation is killed off, we will have no competition for the "core" gamer.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:23 pm

I honestly dont want playstation to get killed off.I still like Playstation,i just like 360 alot more.
Back to top Go down
TEKKENFANBOY
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
TEKKENFANBOY

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:30 pm

wow,I cant believe what im reading. . .
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:18 pm

TEKKENFANBOY wrote:

This is an Xbox 360 fan site by fans for fans. The whole point of this forum is to praise the Xbox 360, trash the PS3, and act as a base of operations for Xbox 360 fans. If you're surprised by what you see then you probably shouldn't be here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:55 am

the gap is still 5+ million

no way MS is gonna let it go to 0
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 3:15 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
TEKKENFANBOY wrote:

This is an Xbox 360 fan site by fans for fans. The whole point of this forum is to praise the Xbox 360, trash the PS3, and act as a base of operations for Xbox 360 fans. If you're surprised by what you see then you probably shouldn't be here.
I agree. That guy constantly defends the PS3 in one way or another. I think he took a wrong turn on the way to PSU.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:48 am

More like a whole flight of steps!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:51 am

Nice article, I see it can destroy fanboys
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
360WNED
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:56 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Kendo wrote:

LOL... I'm ashamed to admit it, but I feel the same way. That's why I bought a used PS3. So they wouldn't get a sale from me. Laughing Got a warranty from Gamestop so Sony doesn't get a penny from me. Also got Gamefly, so I probably won't buy a game unless it's amazing & even then I buy them for dirt cheap off of Amazon. Laughing The grenade is set.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Well,imo MS will be ahead of any gaming manufacturer in the next generations.I mean,its Microsoft for crying out loud.They could buy anything.They could even hire the most smartest technicians for building the next Xbox's if they wanted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft   Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft Empty

Back to top Go down

Sony is a few steps behind Microsoft
Page 1 of 1