This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The AVGN has never played PS3

Go down 
+6
Pein
Noelol
3DO Was Something
djsonic99
lightlamp
Angel In Black
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Angel In Black

The AVGN has never played PS3 Empty
PostSubject: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:01 pm

I find this kind of hard to believe considering what a hardcore gamer he is, but he only uses his PS3 for DVDs. He doesn't even have but 4 or 5 blu ray movies.

http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?p=4707
Back to top Go down
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Angel In Black

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:03 pm

How did that post get above mine?
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:04 pm

Iron_Patriot wrote:
How did that post get above mine?
The site is being a bit glitchy we just restored all the threads and now they are randomly merging with each other
Back to top Go down
djsonic99
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
djsonic99

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:09 pm

lol thats the exact reason why i wanted a ps3. i just got a new LG and i wanted to try out blu-ray
Back to top Go down
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Who's AVGN???
Back to top Go down
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Angel In Black

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:23 pm

3DO Was Something wrote:
Who's AVGN???

The Angry Video Game Nerd. Watch the vid he made of his game collection. It's beyond impressive.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:30 pm

Seriously?!?!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Angel In Black

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:33 pm

He has just about every NES game ever made except the ultra rare ones. Also every console I've ever heard of including some I didn't know existed. The amount of junk he has in that basement is mind blowing. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:00 am

i think you should change the name..it should be "The AVGN has never played a ps3 game"
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:48 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
i think you should change the name..it should be "The AVGN has never played a ps3 game"

Either way. You watch movies and play games so he isn't playing his PS3 he's watching movies on it.

Anyway, James Rolfe has a real job and makes videos for GT, Spike, and his youtube channel. I don't think he has a lot of free time to play brand new games. Despite his series "The Angry Video Game Nerd", James Rolfe is more of a movie buff than gamer. He just likes making videos about nostalgic stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:16 am

Sorry I don't know who AVGN is .
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:05 pm

Never heard of him.
Back to top Go down
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Angel In Black

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:48 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

You're not exactly playing PS3 if all you do is watch movies on it. You know what I meant tongue
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:38 am

I don't know of this guy but he obviously doesn't like the PS3 enough to play its games right?

Is this meant to be something we question? Believe it or not, there were people who purchased a PS3 upon release only for Blu-ray... Others also wanted the ability to upscale DVD's and/or also for the use of a browser from their HDTV sets.

The suggestion that people purchased and still purchase PS3's for Blu-ray &/or the browser and not gaming is not a trollish comment to make, in fact it is a factual one. It is indeed a well priced BD player now and was an exceptional one upon release back in November 2006.
Back to top Go down
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Angel In Black

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:24 am

People who bought the PS3 for bluray arent gamers though. James is a gamer and hasnt even played 1 game on it. I just find that very odd. Its like meeting a gamer who only watches dvds on their PS2. Its just unheard of.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:39 am

Iron_Patriot wrote:
People who bought the PS3 for bluray arent gamers though.

I think that is a rather bold blanket statement.

Whilst I acknowledge what you're trying to say I disagree with it.

Sony imo had a weak start to the PS3 and a bad lineup also. I was not interested in most PS3 titles until; Ratchet and Clank ToD and Uncharted. I deny the notion that I'm not a gamer if somebody made that deduction from the fact that my PS3 was mostly used back then for demos and Blu-ray playback, heck even back then the browser for me was rubbish compared to a PC. Had you known me then and made that comment I'd say you're not aware of my preferences and I indeed was a gamer, in fact I'm an old school gamer since the Atari and Coleco Vision days.

Iron_Patriot wrote:
James is a gamer and hasnt even played 1 game on it. I just find that very odd. Its like meeting a gamer who only watches dvds on their PS2. Its just unheard of.

It may be that the console has no games that interest him yet. You might even find he may have preference to the XBOX 360 and Wii more than the PS3 but values the use of DVD playback as well as BD playback more so on the PS3.

Again, like I said, I don't know the guy.
Back to top Go down
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:45 am

I bought my Wii as a DVD player Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The AVGN has never played PS3   The AVGN has never played PS3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The AVGN has never played PS3
Page 1 of 1