This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 sucks: Revised edition

Go down 
+6
DarkSwarm85
ghost23
joe11
Kendo
J77
Spartan v07
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PS3 sucks: Revised edition Empty
PostSubject: PS3 sucks: Revised edition   PS3 sucks: Revised edition EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:50 pm

I made a topic near the beginning of the start of this site. I am sure i can bump it but i rather make a more detailed revised edition. Keep in mind i have both console so i can say what i want because i know What both offer.

Inferior multiplatform titles- till this day they always get the inferior version of a multiplatform game.

Forced installs- Most games have forced installs/patches and they can range from 1-5 gigs. If the game doesn't have ajn install chance are it has an update day 1 or sometime down the line

Online sucks- terrible online. ugly interface and no one talks. Also no cross chat,party,voice chat or integration for all games like xbl.

Those are the main reasons and those are facts. Now i will list some that can be labeled as opinions:

Terrible controller: I won't say outdated like others but if something needs improvements it should happen. The controller is too small,mainly the handles giving cramps after a while of playing. Also the analogs suck,they feel cheap and move easily. Plus there is no concave analogs so your thumbs won't get a good grip. And of course terrible "triggers" L2 /R2.

Ugly interface: The interface is the worse i have seen. The xmb itself is ok even though it looks dull/plain and boring. What i really am aiming at is the profiles. just look at this nuff said:

PS3 sucks: Revised edition Ps3-02-gamercard

Now other parts is when a friend logs in there is this generic ugly gray bar with the psn name being white. It looks ugly and unimaginative. It looks like someone just threw it on and called it a day.
Back to top Go down
J77
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: PS3 sucks: Revised edition   PS3 sucks: Revised edition EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:56 pm

I co sign and here is something no one has brought up. Psn voice chat sucks, there is always somebody with terrible mic feedback. On xbox live voice chat is quality is like talkin to someone in the phone...clear.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: PS3 sucks: Revised edition   PS3 sucks: Revised edition EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
I made a topic near the beginning of the start of this site. I am sure i can bump it but i rather make a more detailed revised edition. Keep in mind i have both console so i can say what i want because i know What both offer.

Inferior multiplatform titles- till this day they always get the inferior version of a multiplatform game.

Forced installs- Most games have forced installs/patches and they can range from 1-5 gigs. If the game doesn't have ajn install chance are it has an update day 1 or sometime down the line

Online sucks- terrible online. ugly interface and no one talks. Also no cross chat,party,voice chat or integration for all games like xbl.

Those are the main reasons and those are facts. Now i will list some that can be labeled as opinions:

Terrible controller: I won't say outdated like others but if something needs improvements it should happen. The controller is too small,mainly the handles giving cramps after a while of playing. Also the analogs suck,they feel cheap and move easily. Plus there is no concave analogs so your thumbs won't get a good grip. And of course terrible "triggers" L2 /R2.

Ugly interface: The interface is the worse i have seen. The xmb itself is ok even though it looks dull/plain and boring. What i really am aiming at is the profiles. just look at this nuff said:

PS3 sucks: Revised edition Ps3-02-gamercard

Now other parts is when a friend logs in there is this generic ugly gray bar with the psn name being white. It looks ugly and unimaginative. It looks like someone just threw it on and called it a day.
Inferior multiplatforms is true. Forced installs, is true. Not really that their worse, but because of its slow speed. Agreed on the online.

To the controller part, its ok. I have heard this about the PS3, its just a beefed up PSP. Which is true.

Be aware that I am not a Sony fanboy. I just like good games and to play good games on the console of my choice, the Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: PS3 sucks: Revised edition   PS3 sucks: Revised edition EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:09 am

GOOD POINTS
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: PS3 sucks: Revised edition   PS3 sucks: Revised edition EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:12 am

joe11 wrote:
GOOD POINTS
Who me or the person above me?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: PS3 sucks: Revised edition   PS3 sucks: Revised edition EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:55 am

The controller is the thing i hate most about the PS3. It's obviously designed for a child hand.
And those "triggers". If you put it down on the table, the triggers will be pushed down and it will sometimes press something in the pause menu. really annoying.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: PS3 sucks: Revised edition   PS3 sucks: Revised edition EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 2:52 am

Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
GOOD POINTS
Who me or the person above me?
both
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: PS3 sucks: Revised edition   PS3 sucks: Revised edition EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 2:56 am

On the 360, demos download and install simultaneously.

On the PS3 you have to install them after they download. It should do both simultaneously like the 360. Fail.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 sucks: Revised edition   PS3 sucks: Revised edition EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:24 am

Nice topic! Good points.

Add what DarkSwarm85 said and also...

There is more content on Xbox Live (last I looked anwyay)
And the load times on ps3 games are baaaad.
To play Uncharted it goes through like a 10 minute long load time xD Ok that's an exaggeration but on any multiplatform game the ps3 takes longer to get to the game than 360 even when the 360 version has multiple disks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: PS3 sucks: Revised edition   PS3 sucks: Revised edition EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:32 am

when we swapped a disc the ps3 is still trying to istall properly
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: PS3 sucks: Revised edition   PS3 sucks: Revised edition EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:09 pm

I agree with the forced installs....I had to wait 15 minutes to play Heavy Rain. There wore TWO! mandatory installs!! And almos 5 gigs of space on my HDD was used up just on that.

On an other note...The game,so far, is fucking brilliant. Adds a whole new meaning to immersion.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: PS3 sucks: Revised edition   PS3 sucks: Revised edition EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:19 pm

The PS3 fanboy says XBL and PSN are the same, except one's free, i lol when ever i see a comment like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 sucks: Revised edition   PS3 sucks: Revised edition Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 sucks: Revised edition
Page 1 of 1