This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"

Go down 
+14
ghost23
A7MAD_AU
Mr. Project Natal
Icebomb32
GiantRobot2
343_Guilty_Spark
joe11
Master_Chief
Stigma
Static103
Stoney
Lt Xplosi
DemonWolf
lightlamp
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" Empty
PostSubject: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:16 pm

A lot of people are reporting that there PS3's have gotten the YLOD after sony fixed the bug http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General/How-many-ppl-s-ps3s-YLOD-after-date-bug/td-p/45328493
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:18 pm

Lmao it's so funny, all these people who said 360 had bad reliability are having worse issues xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:19 pm

good for ps3rd fanboys
but bad thing for non fanboys
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 5:31 pm

For me and my wallets sake I hope its not true. Sad
Back to top Go down
Static103
Static103

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 5:49 pm

i better get a ps3 slim ASAP before my ps3 fat gets YLOD
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:14 pm

BUT I LOVE MY FATTY! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:36 pm

I've been seeing alot of reports too. If my phat PS3 YLOD I will not reward Sony by buying a Slim. I'm perfectly content to just stick with my 360.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:39 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
I've been seeing alot of reports too. If my phat PS3 YLOD I will not reward Sony by buying a Slim. I'm perfectly content to just stick with my 360.

It's pretty funny, today has been my first time playing my PS3 in over a week, the main use of it is for the bluerays i get through netflix. Although i hope mine doesn't break, i was planning on beating R&T TOD sometime soon.

In short i'm satisfied with my 360, but it'd be nice if my PS3 is still okay.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Static103 wrote:
i dont that will happen
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Static103 wrote:

Just sell your fat and use the money to buy all the great Xbox 360 games coming out. Who needs a PS3 when there's Xbox 360?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
GiantRobot2
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GiantRobot2

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:27 am

Uggh really mad that it went down for a while. Its back but i still havent recovered lost out on 3 gold trophies.My 360 is definitley takin its spot for a while, too bad i aint got live tho
Back to top Go down
Icebomb32

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:24 am

GiantRobot2 wrote:
Uggh really mad that it went down for a while. Its back but i still havent recovered lost out on 3 gold trophies.My 360 is definitley takin its spot for a while, too bad i aint got live tho

Turn on your ps3, go to the column titled "Game", go up to "Trophy Collection". Hit triangle and select "Sync with server". Should give you your trophies back, I did that to retrieve my GTA trophies and it worked.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:29 am

AHAHAHNAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! HELL yaaa! "at least it isn't as long as the 1 day maintenance on XBL" HAHA someone said that and now look what happens Very Happy
SUCK IT! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:04 am

I've had no issue with my PS3 since the Sony screw job however I haven't done much besides play the GOW 3 demo a couple of times and watch/record with PlayTV.

The problem is Sony most likely did not fix anything but waited like we did for the servers to change time in accordance with the GMT, if not addressed this will happen again in 2014 but by then Sony may have moved to the next generation...

They certainly did not send anything over the net to address the processor, and if anyone is claiming they have can they please provide some evidence? Right now had there have been something done over the net we'd have seen something to allows us to acknowledge it, but all we did was turn on our PS3's and it allowed us to log in. Now the zealots claim the console fixed itself, give me a break lol.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:27 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Static103 wrote:

Just sell your fat and use the money to buy all the great Xbox 360 games coming out. Who needs a PS3 when there's Xbox 360?

QFT
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:34 am

Whilst I believe any single console gamer can do no better than owning a 360, I believe the ultimate console experience is had with both.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:39 am

A7MAD_AU wrote:
Whilst I believe any single console gamer can do no better than owning a 360, I believe the ultimate console experience is had with both.

If you have the money to burn, otherwise there is more gaming on the Xbox 360 then any one person should even have time to play.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:49 am

There are plenty of titles on the 360, enough to keep someone locked up for a couple of years just to play games!

2010 has a surge of titles coming both exclusive and multi-plat.

I don't consider it money to burn though. I consider the PS3 a different experience, Sony's mentality toward their developers is different than MS' this is not negating any of the wonders that is the support for the 360 (both third and first party support), what I'm trying to say is the 360 delivers to my core needs of gaming, the console is dedicated toward gaming and imo has the better titles (exclusives and multi-plat superiority most of the time) but Sony's in house developers (both 1st and 2nd party) develop their games with a different mind set, they're risky in their interpretations of what they think will work. Most of the time that fails with the core audiences lol but at other times you get good games that we do not see on the 360. Heavy Rain would be one, MOD Nation Racers another (Mario Kart meets LBP). I'll never negate the superiority of the 360 for the console gaming experience, all I believe is the PS3's is different plus it has it's little additions such as Blu-ray and PlayTV also.

I don't hate the PS3, I hate the behavior of the zealots and their worshiping of the PS3 and Sony, because frankly they're assholes about their preferences and in their behavior towards those with different opinions..
Back to top Go down
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:01 am

A7MAD_AU wrote:
There are plenty of titles on the 360, enough to keep someone locked up for a couple of years just to play games!

I don't consider it money to burn though. I consider the PS3 a different experience, Sony's mentality toward their developers is different than MS' this is not negating any of the wonders that is the support for the 360 (both third and first party support), what I'm trying to say is the 360 delivers to my core needs of gaming, the console is dedicated toward gaming and imo has the better titles (exclusives and multi-plat superiority most of the time) but Sony's in house developers (both 1st and 2nd party) develop their games with a different mind set, they're risky in their interpretations of what they think will work. Most of the time that fails with the core audiences lol but at other times you get good games that we do not see on the 360. Heavy Rain would be one, MOD Nation Racers another (Mario Kart meets LBP). I'll never negate the superiority of the 360 for the console gaming experience, all I believe is the PS3's is different plus it has it's little additions such as Blu-ray and PlayTV also.

I don't hate the PS3, I hate the behavior of the zealots and their worshiping of the PS3 and Sony, because frankly they're assholes about their preferences and in their behavior towards those with different opinions..

2nd party devs???
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:14 am

3DO Was Something wrote:
A7MAD_AU wrote:

2nd party devs???

That's a third party company that gets payed by a console maker to make exclusive games. At least that's how I see it.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:14 am

In the video game industry, a second-party developer is a developer who, while being a separate entity from any console manufacturer, is tied to a specific one usually through contract or partial ownership and makes games specifically for that console manufacturer.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:17 am

A7MAD_AU wrote:

There are plenty of reasons to own a PS3, but if you already have a 360 or if you are a fan of Halo like me there is no reason to own both unless all you have is time and money to spare on gaming. Most people have jobs and lives that require games to be a hobby not a lifestyle.

I'll get a PS3 sometime int he future when it's super cheap and the games are used for cheap as well. I'll be able to play all the great games I skipped to spend time playing Xbox 360 games and the bonus is I didn't have to pay full price or support the evil Sony.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:24 am

I'm not arguing with anyone here... Just that I didn't think it was burning money. I work for a living also, but I game nonetheless.

As you can see from my 360 profiles compared to my PS3 profile, which console I game more on...
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects"   Apparently the PS3 date bug has some "side effects" EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:05 am