This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.

Go down 
+9
joe11
daveMastaKill
DemonWolf
Arbiteris
Pein
ghost23
GeneralMLD
343_Guilty_Spark
Pickles
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. Empty
PostSubject: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:18 am

It's ruined, I think. From two reviews I've read, they said the story dissapoints. How could they screw up the most important part of a Final Fantasy game! Seriously, wtf. A lot of people hated Final Fantasy XII, so I'm guessing Final Fantasy X was the last decent FF game(disregarding FF XI since it's a MMO). I'll probably buy it when it's like $15, but for now the only JRPG I'm looking forward to playing is Lost Odyssey.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:27 am

I never planed on getting it on day one, but I might get it some time down the line. Just becuase the story doesn't live up to the hype doesn't mean it totally sucks though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:32 am

when gamespot gave aHalo Wars a 6.5........it sucked but i still played and loved the game.

at least rent it.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:03 am

Yeah. Don't base a purchase completely on a review score. Give it a try, and if you like it, buy it.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 3:41 am

Okay, jeez. I'll buy the game....at a lower price lol.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 3:55 am

Pickles wrote:
Okay, jeez. I'll buy the game....at a lower price lol.

You should rent it first or barrow a friend's copy. If you have doubt you should try it out, but don't take anyone's word for it. Reviewer or forum member. If you try it and like it you can buy it. If you try it and don't like it then you can skip it forever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:29 am

im getting it tomorrow,but im still having bad thoughts,the story might suck for me and i prefer the combat in ff12,idk about it,ill probably see tomorrow
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:56 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
im getting it tomorrow,but im still having bad thoughts,the story might suck for me and i prefer the combat in ff12,idk about it,ill probably see tomorrow

Give us a review, cause im really on the fence for this one.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:02 am

ghost23 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

Give us a review, cause im really on the fence for this one.
lol i will,but its gonna take me till next week to make the review,since i have alot to study and the game is 50 hours long,so its not gonna be really soon
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:25 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
when gamespot gave aHalo Wars a 6.5........it sucked but i still played and loved the game.

at least rent it.

The gamespot reveiwer was probally the worst ive seen.

I couldnt beleive how badly he evaluated the game.

But the other gaming websites rated Halo Wars pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:26 am

I saw the gamespot review.

It seems square Enix took away many things which make a good RPG.

So im not getting it.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:20 am

If you asked me a while ago if I would buy this game, I would say "never in a million years".
After playing the PSP Final Fantasy, I have to say I'm really considering it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:56 am

demondragondude wrote:
If you asked me a while ago if I would buy this game, I would say "never in a million years".

Buy ME2 before Final fantasy.Trust me.You will regret it if you get FF13 first
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:43 pm

demondragondude wrote:

I used to feel the same way about the Final Fantasy games. They're actually pretty good if you don't judge them by how they look.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I saw the gamespot review.

It seems square Enix took away many things which make a good RPG.

So im not getting it.

I think they're not so good anymore because the original team that was making the FF games are now doing other games besides FF. They used to be called Square Soft but now they're Square Enix.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:51 pm

worst case.........its worthy of a rent.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:55 pm

I'm going to get it for nostalgia.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:49 pm

i not sure any more if i should get this game
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 6:47 pm

Im gonna buy it. I think the story is pretty good. Im gonna purchase it, not day one but perhaps around Christmas or earlier.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 6:52 pm

I have birthday money, i'm getting it
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 6:55 pm

thank god some people are getting it,i guess some people are saving money for metro 2033 or they are playing bad company 2 or some other unfinished games
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:03 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
thank god some people are getting it,i guess some people are saving money for metro 2033 or they are playing bad company 2 or some other unfinished games
Im getting it. However Im still waiting on getting that 360 Elite, Im gonna need it to play ANY game.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Kendo wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
Im getting it. However Im still waiting on getting that 360 Elite, Im gonna need it to play ANY game.
get the bundle 360 with ff13
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:12 pm

joe11 wrote:
Kendo wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
Aint that 400 dollars?
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Kendo wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Kendo wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
Aint that 400 dollars?
300 dollars
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.   I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII. Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm not getting Final Fantasy XIII.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: The Games-
Jump to: