This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A whole New Fanboy Faction?

Go down 
+9
Master_Chief
Frank2368
3DO Teabagger
joe11
ghost23
DemonWolf
Spartan v07
343_Guilty_Spark
Rednose
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Rednose
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Rednose

A whole New Fanboy Faction? Empty
PostSubject: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:20 pm

Im sure most of you know about Onlive and well we all know through experience New Hardware comes new Fanboys. And well im jst saying we better get prepared for this Neutral
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:16 pm

It's going to take a very long time for OnLive to catch on, if it even works well on slower connections.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Well it's not a console so i wouldn't worry. Also its guaranteed to fail and forgotten very soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:11 pm

I think Onlive is a great idea, but idk about it catching on. I like the fact that not so great computers can be able to play games like Crysis with it though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:13 pm

The thing is that the won't only be attacking us, if at all, probably the SOny fanboys since there are many more of them and will probably attack first. Or even the wii network, so long as you don't attack them first you are fine. I am not trying to say that they won't attac us or will only attack the sony fanboys, I am just saying the sony fanboys are most likely to attack first.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:39 pm

I know what you mean. I pray that onlive never becomes a widely used thing. It better not replace regular distribution?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:45 pm

It won't be big until the rest of the world catches up with internet speed and usage. I bloody get capped at 30GB every month while people overseas get unlimited.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:55 pm

this won't affect console sells and be a threat to Nintendo, and M$. This won't even affect sony and their dead last
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:39 pm

onlive is even worse than the pos called digital distribution.
Back to top Go down
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
3DO Teabagger

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:41 pm

lol I preordered onlive yesterday, at the both they had setup at GDC Razz
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:46 pm

If OnLive was good, one of the big companies would've purchased it already.
Back to top Go down
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
3DO Teabagger

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:52 pm

Frank2368 wrote:
If OnLive was good, one of the big companies would've purchased it already.

Onlive is its own company, and EA, Activison, ans a few others have partnerships with them.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:03 am

ghost23 wrote:
It won't be big until the rest of the world catches up with internet speed and usage. I bloody get capped at 30GB every month while people overseas get unlimited.
Yep I get unlimited with my ISP.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:21 am

if there is it doesnt matter.

At least in my eyes theres MS fanboys and Sony fanboys.

Nothing else matters
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 6:21 pm

Onlive will not be successful. I 99.9% guarantee it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Rednose
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Rednose

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Kendo wrote:
Bold claim...
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:50 am

Rednose wrote:
Kendo wrote:
Bold claim...
Bold. It is bold, but heres the thing, who needs Onlive if they already have Steam, Games for Windows-Live, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Shoke
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Shoke

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:11 pm

If Onlive does catch on (which I doubt it will) and it gets it;s own fanboys, I'm not worried. Console gaming would obviously have some advantages over it, so we'll be able to combat them.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Shoke wrote:
If Onlive does catch on (which I doubt it will) and it gets it;s own fanboys, I'm not worried. Console gaming would obviously have some advantages over it, so we'll be able to combat them.
QFT shokio and rofl i cant resist laughing at your picture..but yeah onlive seems retarded for me,LAG in a single-player? WTF IS THAT?? o.e and i think it will get its fanboys but if it succeeds but i doubt it will
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A whole New Fanboy Faction?   A whole New Fanboy Faction? Empty

Back to top Go down

A whole New Fanboy Faction?
Page 1 of 1