This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360

Go down 
+10
daveMastaKill
ghost23
DemonWolf
Pein
343_Guilty_Spark
arnt god of war
xjosh360s
igame
XboxKing
Master_Chief
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 Empty
PostSubject: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 1:23 pm

So Ubisoft is adamant about Splinter Cell not coming to PS3.
http://www.thelostgamer.com/2010/04/23/ubisoft-reiterate-splinter-cell-conviction-is-exclusive-to-xbox-360/

Quote :
Over the past couple of weeks rumour has continually speculated that the Xbox 360 title, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Conviction, is to make its way onto Sony’s PlayStation 3 console.

Today however, Ubisoft have aimed to kill such rumour by reiterating that the title is exclusive to Microsoft’s console, and will be only making its way to PC.

In a tweet, they state “Rumor control: Splinter Cell Conviction is exclusive to Xbox 360. The PC version is coming out next week.”

Whilst PlayStation 3 owners have been hoping that the title, which has been greeted with critical acclaim by the press, would be making its way across to them, it certainly doesn’t look that way.
Back to top Go down
XboxKing
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
XboxKing

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Well duh, they have to say that.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 1:39 pm

XboxKing wrote:
Well you can always keep dreaming I guess.
Back to top Go down
XboxKing
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
XboxKing

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 1:49 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
XboxKing wrote:
Well you can always keep dreaming I guess.

I don't care about Splinter Cell. I never been a fan of the series to begin with.
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:23 pm

ive heard its not worth $60 so eh
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

igame wrote:
At least not until a PS3 version is announced eh? Actually its a pretty awesome game.
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:30 pm

after watching this review i lost all hope for the game

Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:47 pm

i think its great in my opinion but if it goes to ps3 were loosing to many exclusives so we should care u cant just say u dont care when were loosing this much exclusives but the only thing that really sucks on splinter cell conviction is that theres no 4v4 ect.
Back to top Go down
XboxKing
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
XboxKing

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:00 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
i think its great in my opinion but if it goes to ps3 were loosing to many exclusives so we should care u cant just say u dont care when were loosing this much exclusives but the only thing that really sucks on splinter cell conviction is that theres no 4v4 ect.

I don't care because Splinter Cell has never been an Xbox exclusive franchise in the first place. So why do i have to pretend that it is?
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:14 pm

igame wrote:

lol that review is horrible.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:35 pm

That review is terrible. He's not even a real gamer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:06 pm

people..the game is worth getting..it deserves every hype it got and every AAA score it had,it deserved it..the game is freaking epic and amazing at the same time..and wtf are you doing.GET THE GAME NOW!!!its different than the other splinter cells and i dont even liked the last splinter cells,but this one is amazing,yes it is 5 hours game,but still,it has tons of replay value and it has co-op campaing,which is like a completely side story game with cutscenes and real stuff going on like you see in the sam fisher story,if you finish that,you also have few modes like hunter,last stand and the other competitive modes..its worth your money and i think everyone should get it.scc is my second favorite 360 game next to mass effect 2.and the review that igame posted was terrible,that guy didnt knew anything about video-games,and i think ubisoft said it million times,that the game isn't coming out for the ps3,so why they are confirming it again? its weird
Back to top Go down
XboxKing
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
XboxKing

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:19 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
people..the game is worth getting..it deserves every hype it got and every AAA score it had,it deserved it..the game is freaking epic and amazing at the same time..and wtf are you doing.GET THE GAME NOW!!!its different than the other splinter cells and i dont even liked the last splinter cells,but this one is amazing,yes it is 5 hours game,but still,it has tons of replay value and it has co-op campaing,which is like a completely side story game with cutscenes and real stuff going on like you see in the sam fisher story,if you finish that,you also have few modes like hunter,last stand and the other competitive modes..its worth your money and i think everyone should get it.scc is my second favorite 360 game next to mass effect 2.and the review that igame posted was terrible,that guy didnt knew anything about video-games,and i think ubisoft said it million times,that the game isn't coming out for the ps3,so why they are confirming it again? its weird

Don't you think that's why the guy doesn't like the game? Because it's not stealth oriented compare to the previous Splinter Cell games?
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:33 pm

XboxKing wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

Don't you think that's why the guy doesn't like the game? Because it's not stealth oriented compare to the previous Splinter Cell games?
its still stealth oriented,just because its more fast-paced and it has more shooting doesn't have stealth? stealth is the biggest thing in scc and people seem to forget that,you can do soo much stuff in scc,how to sneak in and it will take you a long time to figure out how do it perfectly,people didnt complained that mgs4 was more like a shooter but they complained in scc? give me a break
Back to top Go down
XboxKing
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
XboxKing

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:53 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
XboxKing wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

its still stealth oriented,just because its more fast-paced and it has more shooting doesn't have stealth? stealth is the biggest thing in scc and people seem to forget that,you can do soo much stuff in scc,how to sneak in and it will take you a long time to figure out how do it perfectly,people didnt complained that mgs4 was more like a shooter but they complained in scc? give me a break

Yeah Metal Gear Solid 4 is more fast-paced then previous games. But it was balanced. Like for example you have to look for some guy in though out the whole town (in a sandbox-style kind of way) without getting caught. That level took me FOREVER to beat. I haven't played Splinter Cell: Conviction but a lot of critics and reviewers did say that it felt more like a third-person shooter then stealth game, which really isn't a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 6:23 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
igame wrote:
At least not until a PS3 version is announced eh? Actually its a pretty awesome game.

Haha well said, my friend. Well said.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 6:27 pm

THIS GAME IS GREAT!! Very high replay value also. Even with a short campaign, but you got all the other modes. Only with they would have kept Spy vs Mercs in there
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 6:37 pm

igame wrote:

Instead of letting someone else dictate you thoughts on the game why don't you go an try it out for yourself. Like the article says, its a critically acclaimed game.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 6:51 pm

I think Tom Clancys is a pretty cool guy. eh kills terrorists and doesnt afraid of anything...
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 6:57 pm

XboxKing wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

The game is stealth. Try pulling a Uncharted 2 out of it in realistic and see how much time do you live. Out of the box Conviction is a weak 3rd person shooter, that is why the Iraq level kinda sucks. Some people in the end just want another Chaos Theory. And if thats the case then go get it. Its on XBL Games on Demand for quite a while now.
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 12:19 am

Master_Chief wrote:
igame wrote:

i didnt play the previous splinter cell games because i tried it and didnt like it, i do like stealth games like metal gear and thought i wuld like splinter cell too but i didnt, so i cant see me picking up this game since i dont know the story of the previous games.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:07 am

the game gives you alot of explosive you dont have to use them and yeah it is stealth oriented not the traditional sit in a corner for 5 hour stealth
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:08 am

igame wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
igame wrote:

i didnt play the previous splinter cell games because i tried it and didnt like it, i do like stealth games like metal gear and thought i wuld like splinter cell too but i didnt, so i cant see me picking up this game since i dont know the story of the previous games.
they recap the story nearly completly
Back to top Go down
XboxKing
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
XboxKing

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:11 am

arnt god of war wrote:
igame wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
igame wrote:

they recap the story nearly completly

Yeah Metal Gear Solid 4 didn't do that. That's why a lot of people were confused with the story.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:37 am

igame wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
igame wrote:

You should give a chance to Chaos Theory. Its fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360   Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ubisoft reiterates- Splinter Cell is exclusive to Xbox 360
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next