This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL

Go down 
+11
Arbiteris
Spartan v07
Real PBone
DemonWolf
Invincible
arnt god of war
Stigma
Bluenose
joe11
Kendo
daveMastaKill
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL Empty
PostSubject: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm

The PS3 protection plans starts at $44.99 for an additional year and jump to $59.99 for two years.

I'm just....lost at words. High five Sony, great job!

So there you go people, when a PS3 fanboy throws the 360 online 50 dollars BS, tell em that we got a 3 year guarantee free of charge...

Full article at:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1087336p1.html
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:20 pm

Protection plan? What is this? Is it that Premium service. If so that name is very terrible.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:20 pm

its a win 4 us and ps3 fanboys lol
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Kendo wrote:
Protection plan? What is this? Is it that Premium service. If so that name is very terrible.
its 4 extract year 4 the ps3 warrant
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Dont compare it to Live since we have to pay for live consistently while the 3 year protection is a 1 time payment. Ylod doesn't happen that much so Sony doesnt really need to give three years free anyways.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:28 pm

First its a one or two year payment over the single one year guarantee that Sony gives to the PS3.
Second i pay for XBL if i want.
Third and this is the important one: i put guarantee OVER ANYTHING. YLOD might not be has common has RROD, but my Slim already gave some disc tray problems a while back.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:31 pm

Kendo wrote:

PS3 has only one year guarantee, unlike the 360 that has 3 years. This protection plan adds one or two years guarantee at the price of $44.99 and $59.99 respectively.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:35 pm

I extended my DS's warranty by 1 year for $20 lol.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:36 pm

yes this way sony can put ylod melters in that activate right when your warranty expires
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:39 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
First its a one or two year payment over the single one year guarantee that Sony gives to the PS3.
Second i pay for XBL if i want.
Third and this is the important one: i put guarantee OVER ANYTHING. YLOD might not be has common has RROD, but my Slim already gave some disc tray problems a while back.
Well if you didn't already know the standard warranty for almost every company in the world is 1 year. So Sony i just following the trend. Plus Microsoft gave 1 year at first until they saw how many RROD"s are happening. Its all Statistics if the Ps3 s reliable then its not really necessary.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Its not really necessary until bad luck hits your door i mean...
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:52 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Once again statistics do you think Sony will actually take time of their busy day to look upon and take action about a 1% failure rate? You just might be unlucky lol, The Microsoft God doesn't like you having a Ps3. Razz
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:58 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
The PS3 protection plans starts at $44.99 for an additional year and jump to $59.99 for two years.

I'm just....lost at words. High five Sony, great job!

So there you go people, when a PS3 fanboy throws the 360 online 50 dollars BS, tell em that we got a 3 year guarantee free of charge...

Full article at:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1087336p1.html

Best Buy offers the exact same warranty. 2 years for $60.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Bluenose wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
Once again statistics do you think Sony will actually take time of their busy day to look upon and take action about a 1% failure rate? You just might be unlucky lol, The Microsoft God doesn't like you having a Ps3. Razz

Dude, older PS3s fuck up all the time. I know 4 people, including myself, who had disc drive failures. It's not as uncommon as you might think.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Well i'm a consumer, that paid for they're console, so yeah it would be very good if they look at, i guess, they're direct rivals and turn the one year guaranty to three. It would give to me and every other PS3 owner better nights of sleep for 2 extra years.
Now, me and anyone who cares about assuring that they're system is protected needs to spend money. And that sucks....alot. Either if it is 1% failure rate or whatever it still has the change of happening to me or other PS3 owner, so in the end all the consumers that are afraid that YLOD or other error could happen to them, and then spend i guess over $100 in repairs will pay for those extra years.

You see these are the little things that are making the PS3, a system that more and more i'm losing the respect for (not that the guys at Sony care, i'm just one guy). However bullshit like this, and removing the Other OS. Lack of compatibility to PS2 games. And sooner or later the need to pay for PSN (only a matter of time), people and not just me and another few, are gonna start to get pissed off...
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:48 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Well i'm a consumer, that paid for they're console, so yeah it would be very good if they look at, i guess, they're direct rivals and turn the one year guaranty to three. It would give to me and every other PS3 owner better nights of sleep for 2 extra years.
Now, me and anyone who cares about assuring that they're system is protected needs to spend money. And that sucks....alot. Either if it is 1% failure rate or whatever it still has the change of happening to me or other PS3 owner, so in the end all the consumers that are afraid that YLOD or other error could happen to them, and then spend i guess over $100 in repairs will pay for those extra years.

You see these are the little things that are making the PS3, a system that more and more i'm losing the respect for (not that the guys at Sony care, i'm just one guy). However bullshit like this, and removing the Other OS. Lack of compatibility to PS2 games. And sooner or later the need to pay for PSN (only a matter of time), people and not just me and another few, are gonna start to get pissed off...
Sony says the only way you'll pay for PSN is if they give more features which you can subscribe for but still get what Psn offers right now for free.
Ok lets say i got a Microwave do you think i really would be sad that it only has a 1 year warranty nop. Ofcourse it would give you a better piece of mind but not every system is perfect. Like how the 360 doesnt have built in Wifi but people still get by. Every system has their fare share of flaws.

Last edited by Bluenose on Mon May 03, 2010 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:50 pm

Invincible wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

Dude, older PS3s fuck up all the time. I know 4 people, including myself, who had disc drive failures. It's not as uncommon as you might think.
I could easily say the same thing ( Oh yea well i know 10 people who got RROD! Thats right SUCKER!) lol And the key word is older Ps3 while we are talking about the current ones. Slim has an extremely low failure rate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Well the 360 should have more years on their warrenty naturally with the RROD and such.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:56 pm

If my Microwave had more two FREE years of warranty you would be sad and wondered why yours is different than mine.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Kendo wrote:
dude, he posted a link and explained it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Well it's a good thing that it's getting the warranty but... 360's is free Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:14 pm

Does Microsoft's 3 year warranty cover all malfunctions? I remember reading somewhere someone said they wouldn't fix his 360 because it wasn't RROD. Is that true?
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:18 pm

is the 360 warrant free
Back to top Go down
Real PBone
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Okay you guys got this protection plan all twistedup, its a extended warranty option for the people that buy a new ps3 or has a current one under the 1 year warranty.

the xbox 360 has something just like that, for the same price kinda

the one year for the xbox is 39.99 and two years is 59.99 thats what the lady told me on the phone the other day trying to sell it to me.

the 3 year warranty u guys are talking about for the xbox 360 is for the rrod..
Back to top Go down
Real PBone
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:19 pm

joe11 wrote:
is the 360 warrant free

for the rrod yes, but they do offer a extended warranty for money also. if u dont believe me call them ask. they will tell u.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL Empty

Back to top Go down

PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next