This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL

Go down 
+11
Arbiteris
Spartan v07
Real PBone
DemonWolf
Invincible
arnt god of war
Stigma
Bluenose
joe11
Kendo
daveMastaKill
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Real PBone
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:20 pm

Invincible wrote:
Does Microsoft's 3 year warranty cover all malfunctions? I remember reading somewhere someone said they wouldn't fix his 360 because it wasn't RROD. Is that true?

it covers all of the rrod and i think alot of e74 error but if it has other issues it doesnt after the one year warranty is done. but they do offer a extended warranty for the same almost the pricey as the sony has for the ps3.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:25 pm

This is proof the failure rate is definitely getting higher for PS3.otherwise they would not have done this. My own friend got YLOD and i was shocked because i did hear about ylod but i thought it was just a few that got unlucky but then i realized it was bigger than what i thought when my own friend got it. 360 is more reliable than ever before with the jasper in 2008,it is pretty good for MS right now.
Back to top Go down
Real PBone
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:27 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
This is proof the failure rate is definitely getting higher for PS3.otherwise they would not have done this. My own friend got YLOD and i was shocked because i did hear about ylod but i thought it was just a few that got unlucky but then i realized it was bigger than what i thought when my own friend got it. 360 is more reliable than ever before with the jasper in 2008,it is pretty good for MS right now.

well yes if that was the issue about offering the warranty to all the ps3's but sony isnt doing that. the warranty only stands for the new ps3s being bought and the ones that are still under the current warranty.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Real PBone wrote:
Invincible wrote:
Does Microsoft's 3 year warranty cover all malfunctions? I remember reading somewhere someone said they wouldn't fix his 360 because it wasn't RROD. Is that true?

it covers all of the rrod and i think alot of e74 error but if it has other issues it doesnt after the one year warranty is done. but they do offer a extended warranty for the same almost the pricey as the sony has for the ps3.

However RROD and E74 error literally make up like 90% of bricked 360's.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Real PBone wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

well yes if that was the issue about offering the warranty to all the ps3's but sony isnt doing that. the warranty only stands for the new ps3s being bought and the ones that are still under the current warranty.

hmm they should do it for the older fat models because those are the one's i see have issues,i don't think the slims have issues yet.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Bluenose wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
Its not really necessary until bad luck hits your door i mean...
Once again statistics do you think Sony will actually take time of their busy day to look upon and take action about a 1% failure rate? You just might be unlucky lol, The Microsoft God doesn't like you having a Ps3. Razz

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216691.html

This is actually about the Jasper 360 but it also tells the failure rates of the 360, PS3, and Wii in 2007. It's 10%, where the hell do you come up with 1%? And seeing as newer models are made of lesser quality parts i'd say the failure rate has probably moved up a little to 12-14% failure rate or so.
Back to top Go down
Real PBone
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:51 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
Real PBone wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

hmm they should do it for the older fat models because those are the one's i see have issues,i don't think the slims have issues yet.

Oh i agree but they sony just wants them for the newier models. i dont know why but thats what they want to do.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:37 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
Once again statistics do you think Sony will actually take time of their busy day to look upon and take action about a 1% failure rate? You just might be unlucky lol, The Microsoft God doesn't like you having a Ps3. Razz

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216691.html

This is actually about the Jasper 360 but it also tells the failure rates of the 360, PS3, and Wii in 2007. It's 10%, where the hell do you come up with 1%? And seeing as newer models are made of lesser quality parts i'd say the failure rate has probably moved up a little to 12-14% failure rate or so.
Eb Games said that the Failure rate is 1% Failure rate can never be confirmed on either side i guess since each time its different.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm

why couldnt sony just raise there warrenty to 3 years like xbiox?Why not?no,instead they are making people buy warrenty's.It is very unneeded

lol,and the ps3 fanboys say "Sony cares for there costumer" ha,if sony really cared,then they should have no problem raising there warrenty for free.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Sorry OP, but 360 has had the same cost protection plan from the start, and the 3 yr that we have automatically ONLY COVERS RRoD & E74 Errors.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:11 pm

Bluenose wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

According to Square Trade the failure rate for the PS3 is 10%.

The 360's failure rate for the newer Jasper models is roughly 4%.
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:08 am

daveMastaKill wrote:
First its a one or two year payment over the single one year guarantee that Sony gives to the PS3.
Second i pay for XBL if i want.
Third and this is the important one: i put guarantee OVER ANYTHING. YLOD might not be has common has RROD, but my Slim already gave some disc tray problems a while back.

Interesting, though the PS3 doesn't have a disc tray...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaz350z
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:08 am

Zombl337 wrote:
Sorry OP, but 360 has had the same cost protection plan from the start, and the 3 yr that we have automatically ONLY COVERS RRoD & E74 Errors.

That is true.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaz350z
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:59 am

I guess it's better than the other crap Sony was robbing people for. 150 for a "fix" lol no thanks.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:58 am

-jaz350z- wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
First its a one or two year payment over the single one year guarantee that Sony gives to the PS3.
Second i pay for XBL if i want.
Third and this is the important one: i put guarantee OVER ANYTHING. YLOD might not be has common has RROD, but my Slim already gave some disc tray problems a while back.

Interesting, though the PS3 doesn't have a disc tray...

Dude, the whatever the Slim has it didn't want to accept my games and i dunno why.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:04 am

Zombl337 wrote:

And considering that those are the two predominant problems...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL   PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PlayStation Protection Plan = FAIL
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2