This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0

Go down 
+7
DarkSwarm85
DemonWolf
Madtoker
Spartan v07
BANJ-OH
game0reviews
343_Guilty_Spark
11 posters
AuthorMessage
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 Empty
PostSubject: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:58 am

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1087706p1.html

Quote :
It's not the revolutionary product some may have hoped for, but it's still great entertainment. Remedy has built a world that, despite being a fantastical realm of twisting shadows and realities, is solidly anchored in authenticity. Outstanding environmental design and some brilliant visuals and sound make Bright Falls and its mountainous surroundings look and feel alive. Though the camera can cause issues and the supernatural story isn't as interesting as some of the questions it raises, it's a tough game to put down once you've started. Remedy's done a great job of mixing elements of written work, television, and videogames to create an experience full of scares, laughs, and thrills that's just as fun to play as it is to watch.

So IGN gave Alan Wake a 9.0 and guess what hasn't happened? Xbox 360 fanboys haven't started any petitions and aren't cussing out the reviewer in the comment section. They aren't even calling for the termination of the reviewer, organizing boycotts, or anything. Although there are some PS3 trolls posting crap in the comments, but that's expected these days.

I guess Xbox 360 fans aren't as immature as PS3 fanboys, the pariahs of gaming.

Anyway, 9.0 is a great score and after reading the review I can't wait to play the game.

Here's the video review if you're too lazy to read the much more detailed text review:
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:30 am

looks great. i think 9 is the right score.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/game0reviews
BANJ-OH

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:30 am

Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:16 am

BANJ-OH wrote:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/alanwake

Looks like an AA to me.

Only 18 reviews have been tracks and many of those are from worthless websites. As more and more reviews get tracked it will probably move up toward a very high AA and maybe even land in AAA territory.

Not that it matters, it's a must have title that will probably sell well for a new IP.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:32 pm

I don't go by metacritic,i go by my own opinions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Game still doesn't interest me.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:28 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
BANJ-OH wrote:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/alanwake

Looks like an AA to me.

Only 18 reviews have been tracks and many of those are from worthless websites. As more and more reviews get tracked it will probably move up toward a very high AA and maybe even land in AAA territory.

Not that it matters, it's a must have title that will probably sell well for a new IP.
every game has review from worthless websites... deal with it
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:11 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Yeah..I'm a little pissed off about it being linear and more of an action game than a sort of adventure/mystery style game. Sad

I'm still getting it though Razz But my priority is now RED DEAD REDEMPTION!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:24 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

It's for the X-Files / Stephen King fans...
Back to top Go down
Sonji
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:28 pm

9.0 is a great score that it deserved. But as DDD said, my priorities have now shifted since they said its linear. Grr...
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Sonji wrote:
9.0 is a great score that it deserved. But as DDD said, my priorities have now shifted since they said its linear. Grr...

Personally I don't like open world games like GTA. Give me a good story that goes straight from beginning to end and I'll be happy. With GTA type games I get tired of doing the same thing over and over and unlike people who like it I don't care about tooling around the city causing havoc.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 11:35 pm

shit im torn!!! on one hand im easily frightened on the other hand i wanna know what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 1:53 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 Chris_hansen

What does he have to do with X-Files or Stephen King? I must be missing something.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 4:20 am

Pickles wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

What does he have to do with X-Files or Stephen King? I must be missing something.

The appeal of the genre it's in. It's kind of like if Stephen King made a game. This is what it would be like.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 4:28 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

The appeal of the genre it's in. It's kind of like if Stephen King made a game. This is what it would be like.

But that's the guy from Dateline's child molester sting show. He sets up child molesters on TV before they get arrested. What does that have to do with Alan Wake or Stephen King? I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:17 am

Pickles posted that Dateline dude, not me.
Back to top Go down
Sonji
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 4:18 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Sonji wrote:

Personally I don't like open world games like GTA. Give me a good story that goes straight from beginning to end and I'll be happy. With GTA type games I get tired of doing the same thing over and over and unlike people who like it I don't care about tooling around the city causing havoc.

Yeah I know what you mean. I love me a great story but it being open world would have been great. I was really expecting it to be open world. GTA on a smaller scale.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:16 pm

Its a rental for me now. I was expecting a bit better than what it got. But Im saying it aint gona be a solid single player campaign.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0   IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

IGN gives Alan Wake a solid 9.0
Page 1 of 1