This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.

Go down 
+10
Stigma
gamer4life
Andyjack7
Arbiteris
Stoney
Master_Chief
Invincible
ghost23
DemonWolf
Pickles
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. Empty
PostSubject: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:15 am

They don't seem to care about what the critics say. They think user reviews are really matter. Ex: Halo 3 may have a 94 on metacritic but to the users its a 7.5 on metacritic. That totally means Halo 3 is just average right? Bullshit. Critics opinions are simply viewed as more professional and reliable than us regular folk.
If anybody tells you this shit, tell them this: why do TV spots for movies only quote movie critics? Because nobody gives two shits about what the average Joe has to say. Fact of life.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:08 am

Haha! Good point.

I mean, obviously the Average Joe does deserve a say and it can be taken as reliable statistics except online, ps3 fanboys ALWAYS rate our games down. Like Mass Effect 2. Before it's release I think it was rated like 5 or something overall on Metacritic user ratings. And after it's release if you looked in the review section for users there was someone giving it 1/10 and one of the cons of it to him were "laggy online"........

lmao
ME2 is a single player game.

I keep bringing that up but I think that's one of the most obvious ps3 fanboy fails.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:14 am

User reviews don't mean shit these days cause the majority of them are trolls and no honest reviews.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:00 am

User reviews dont mean shit, critic reviews don't mean shit. Reviews don't mean shit! There are so many stupid reviewers giving crap to good games it is unreal. I don't look at review scores, I just read the reviews to see how the game was.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:58 am

Amazon.com usually has great user reviews.

It's important to research a game before you buy it...they're just too expensive not to. You can tell if someone is trolling or not.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:05 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
User reviews dont mean shit, critic reviews don't mean shit. Reviews don't mean shit! There are so many stupid reviewers giving crap to good games it is unreal. I don't look at review scores, I just read the reviews to see how the game was.
QFT Thats exactly the way that I feel about it. The only exception might be if every review gives a game a 4.0 or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:10 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
QFT Thats exactly the way that I feel about it. The only exception might be if every review gives a game a 4.0 or something.

That is true except for one game, The Punisher No Mercy. It is pretty much an Unreal Tournament 3 type game and it got 47 but I had a blast playing that game. It was 5 bucks on PSN
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:14 pm

Well if 70-100 reviewers score a game similar, barring troll reviews (Netjak gave ME 2 40%), then I know if a game is going to be good or bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:19 pm

I never trust a reviewer, just my own opinion.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:43 pm

reviews are actually on of the only logical thing that can be used in a debate
Back to top Go down
Andyjack7
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Andyjack7

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:55 pm

ghost23 wrote:
User reviews don't mean shit these days cause the majority of them are trolls and no honest reviews.

Agreed! Anyone says what they want you to believe now days. You cannot trust ANYONE Suspect . Except maybe IGN. They get paid to tell the truth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingfreeks.com
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:18 pm

here is a fun fact about the ps3 and 360. i had my 360 hooked up via a hdmi cable and if i hook up the regular cables it switches for me. BUT, if my ps3 is hook up via hdmi and i try to hook up regular cables it doesnt switch. so if i bring my almighty ps3 to my friends house to show it to them and they dont have an hd tv then guess what....no ps3 for us ^.^
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:14 pm

gamer4life wrote:
here is a fun fact about the ps3 and 360. i had my 360 hooked up via a hdmi cable and if i hook up the regular cables it switches for me. BUT, if my ps3 is hook up via hdmi and i try to hook up regular cables it doesnt switch. so if i bring my almighty ps3 to my friends house to show it to them and they dont have an hd tv then guess what....no ps3 for us ^.^

Yeah, like I had my PS3 in the living room to watch a movie, my brother wanted to play it so he moved it to his own room (HDTV was in use) and his HDTV only goes up to 720p and it was at blank screen when he started it out. He had to move it back to the living room and set it to default settings and then move it to his room so he could actually play it.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:18 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Cough ... Cough "Very nice. We have evidence on our side. They have nothing." (As qouted by you.) Explain.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:32 am

Bluenose wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Cough ... Cough "Very nice. We have evidence on our side. They have nothing." (As qouted by you.) Explain.

What exactly are you referring to?
Back to top Go down
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:22 am

Bluenose wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Cough*know what you are talking about before you cough cough*Cough

if you looked at the user comments on metacritic for mass effect theres one that said the onlinr is extreamly laggy. the game doesnt even have an online mode therefor a troll review.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:17 pm

matrixrory wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

if you looked at the user comments on metacritic for mass effect theres one that said the onlinr is extreamly laggy. the game doesnt even have an online mode therefor a troll review.

What are you talking about??????????????????
And um Ghost you said in a thread that we have evidence on our side about scores. Now you say they dont mean anything??//
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Bluenose wrote:
matrixrory wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

And um Ghost you said in a thread that we have evidence on our side about scores. Now you say they dont mean anything??//

he said USER reviews dont mean shit. and i just explained how you can go see a troll review made on mass effect 2 on metacritic.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:19 am

matrixrory wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
matrixrory wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

he said USER reviews dont mean shit. and i just explained how you can go see a troll review made on mass effect 2 on metacritic.

Exactly. Anyone can go on a website and write a user review and be completely biased. Just like how Alan Wake had a user score of 1.5 a few weeks ago.
But my statement still stands, we have evidence on our side, the credible reviews, refer to MLD's games thread.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:43 pm

i can't trust reviewers after the odst thing and andre is better
Back to top Go down
Aero250
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Aero250

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:34 am

ghost23 wrote:

Yep. It's sad that people take time to rate down popular exclusives like Halo 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.   Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument. Empty

Back to top Go down

Another stupid ps3 fanboy argument.
Page 1 of 1