This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd

Go down 
+18
gamer22
im-360...xbox360
Invincible
Alan1994
Kendo
ghost23
ZaFtxX
day walker
igame
DemonWolf
343_Guilty_Spark
Stigma
daveMastaKill
Doominator99
lightlamp
GeneralMLD
Pein
Master_Chief
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd Empty
PostSubject: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:42 pm

So the 360 version is 720p with 2xAA while the PS3 version is 640p. But but PS3 has teh Cell and teh blurayz. LMAO
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247104
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:47 pm

wow thats why i saw bunch of red dead redemption copies for ps3 sitting there while the 360 version was almost outsold,im not saying the ps3 version didnt sell,but it was a big diff with how the 360 version was selling,glad i bought the 360 version,because my friend bought the ps3 version
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:59 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
wow thats why i saw bunch of red dead redemption copies for ps3 sitting there while the 360 version was almost outsold,im not saying the ps3 version didnt sell,but it was a big diff with how the 360 version was selling,glad i bought the 360 version,because my friend bought the ps3 version
I forgot to preorder so I hope my local Gamestop still has copies left.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:07 pm

360 can handle open world games just fine Smile
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Thats amazing and i though the PS3 hardware was superior lol and this is rockstar we are talking about
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:09 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
360 can handle open world games just fine Smile
QFT
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:27 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
Thats amazing and i though the PS3 hardware was superior lol and this is rockstar we are talking about

they probably thought that they shouldnt put so much work into the PS3 version because it wouldnt sell as good as the xbox version
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:38 pm

Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:44 pm

Hahahahaha...

*Hears Metallica - Sad But True*

\m/ d(o.o)b \m/
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:49 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

The thing that i'm more afraid of that deal is that Alan Wake sales might suffer by it, i mean, they already are in the U.K. just cuz of FIFA World Cup (insane i know).
Both are great games and deserve huge sales but i'm much more interested that Alan Wake success for it might bring a sequel (it deserves it!)
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Same thing with GTAIV PS3, it was sub-HD.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:56 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Same thing with GTAIV PS3, it was sub-HD.

I'm sure it's running on the same engine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:08 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Hahahahaha...

\m/ d(o.o)b \m/

lol

*hears Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare*

"It's your Fucking Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Razz

\m/d(OuO)b\m/

Btw seeing as you're a metalhead...did you hear about Dio? :'(
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:09 pm

lol tbh I can't tell the difference between these resolutions myself but hahaha @ ps3 fanboys who always claim 360 is sub-HD.
Looks like they've lost yet ANOTHER one of their arguments.
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:49 pm

I dont mind fanboys but bragging about this seems a lil childish, i seriously didnt think there would even be comparisons of the games in both systems, games like bayonetta and lost planet 2 are games that i see fair to brag about in front of ps3 fanboys but not this game, theres very little difference between both versions, and its funny because most of you always say that graphics have very little impact in a game and that gameplay is what matters most, everything that makes the game fun is still there, theres only a small graphical difference between em, just saying.
Back to top Go down
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:01 am

demondragondude wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
Hahahahaha...

\m/ d(o.o)b \m/

lol

Razz

\m/d(OuO)b\m/

Dio isnt dead he chose to not breath in this world and went to another Dio can Never Die
Back to top Go down
ZaFtxX
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
ZaFtxX

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:18 am

PS3 it only does sub HD on games that matter lol.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:59 am

igame wrote:
I dont mind fanboys but bragging about this seems a lil childish, i seriously didnt think there would even be comparisons of the games in both systems, games like bayonetta and lost planet 2 are games that i see fair to brag about in front of ps3 fanboys but not this game, theres very little difference between both versions, and its funny because most of you always say that graphics have very little impact in a game and that gameplay is what matters most, everything that makes the game fun is still there, theres only a small graphical difference between em, just saying.

True dat
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:02 am

igame wrote:

We brag about this because PS3 fanboys have continually claimed that the PS3 has superior hardware and is capable of far superior graphics and that they 360 will run out of juice very soon. The 360 has shown that its hardware still has the better graphics for multiplats and the PS3 cells is all talk and no show.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:43 pm

igame wrote:
theres only a small graphical difference between em, just saying.

Apparently the difference isnt so small.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/05/read-dead-redemption-360-vs-ps3-our-thoughts.ars

Another comparison detailing the differences.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247305
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:31 pm

day walker wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
Hahahahaha...

\m/ d(o.o)b \m/

lol

Razz

\m/d(OuO)b\m/

Dio isnt dead he chose to not breath in this world and went to another Dio can Never Die

Sad that's a nice way to look at it.
I just see him as ...just a rainbow in the dark.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:33 pm

Quote :
The differences don't end there with missing objects, less foliage density, and missing shadows further plaguing the PS3 game. On the Xbox 360 trees are well alpha-blended; this combines foreground objects with the background to create the effect of transparency. The PS3 game doesn't achieve the same quality, resulting in trees suffering shimmering artefacts.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Sweet... even though I have no interest in the game. But another reason why 360 is better? Hazzuh!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Kendo wrote:
Sweet... even though I have no interest in the game. But another reason why 360 is better? Hazzuh!
Woah really?
It's set in the wild west!
It has beautiful visuals!
It's got the same sort of scale as games like Oblivion!
It has loads of NPC's, each with their own personality and daily routine (and professions)
and you can kill nuns!!! (haha sorry guiltyspark, I had to mention that)
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
igame wrote:
theres only a small graphical difference between em, just saying.

Apparently the difference isnt so small.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/05/read-dead-redemption-360-vs-ps3-our-thoughts.ars

Another comparison detailing the differences.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247305

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd Screenshot_231643_thumb300 PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd Screenshot_231644_thumb300

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd Screenshot_231641_thumb300 PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd Screenshot_231642_thumb300

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd Screenshot_231637_thumb300 PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd Screenshot_231638_thumb300

I honestly cant see a big difference, but anyway im not gonna argue about this, thats just the way i see it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next