This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd

Go down 
+18
gamer22
im-360...xbox360
Invincible
Alan1994
Kendo
ghost23
ZaFtxX
day walker
igame
DemonWolf
343_Guilty_Spark
Stigma
daveMastaKill
Doominator99
lightlamp
GeneralMLD
Pein
Master_Chief
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:46 am

igame wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
igame wrote:
theres only a small graphical difference between em, just saying.

Apparently the difference isnt so small.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/05/read-dead-redemption-360-vs-ps3-our-thoughts.ars

Another comparison detailing the differences.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247305

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 Screenshot_231643_thumb300 PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 Screenshot_231644_thumb300

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 Screenshot_231641_thumb300 PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 Screenshot_231642_thumb300

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 Screenshot_231637_thumb300 PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 Screenshot_231638_thumb300

I honestly cant see a big difference, but anyway im not gonna argue about this, thats just the way i see it.

It isn't a big difference.
360 just looks a bit crisper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:37 pm

demondragondude wrote:
igame wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
igame wrote:
theres only a small graphical difference between em, just saying.

Apparently the difference isnt so small.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/05/read-dead-redemption-360-vs-ps3-our-thoughts.ars

Another comparison detailing the differences.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247305

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 Screenshot_231643_thumb300 PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 Screenshot_231644_thumb300

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 Screenshot_231641_thumb300 PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 Screenshot_231642_thumb300

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 Screenshot_231637_thumb300 PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 Screenshot_231638_thumb300

I honestly cant see a big difference, but anyway im not gonna argue about this, thats just the way i see it.

It isn't a big difference.
360 just looks a bit crisper.

Anyway im really enjoying the game, crispier or not.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:28 pm

The difference is actually there igame. The resolution of the PS3 version is 20% lower, not only that but no AA kills it even more. This was exactly why Halo 3 was a jag-fest. Not to mention texture quality and foliage is significantly reduced.

Your arguement goes both ways, PS3 fanboys bashed the hell out of Halo 3 and FFXIII on the 360 because they ran Sub-HD.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:56 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
So the 360 version is 720p with 2xAA while the PS3 version is 640p. But but PS3 has teh Cell and teh blurayz. LMAO
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247104

When I hit info on my TV it says the game is running in 720p. The box says that too.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 11:01 pm

Invincible wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
So the 360 version is 720p with 2xAA while the PS3 version is 640p. But but PS3 has teh Cell and teh blurayz. LMAO
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247104

When I hit info on my TV it says the game is running in 720p. The box says that too.

It says that because the PS3 upscales it to 720p but the native resolution is still 640.
Back to top Go down
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
im-360...xbox360

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptySat May 22, 2010 6:22 am

LOL
They attacked Alan Wake for being sub-hd and now, they get an inferior sub-hd multiplat game, karma's a bitch ain't it?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptySat May 22, 2010 6:37 am

im-360...xbox360 wrote:
LOL
They attacked Alan Wake for being sub-hd and now, they get an inferior sub-hd multiplat game, karma's a bitch ain't it?

Haha yeah. Revenge is sweet XD
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
The difference is actually there igame. The resolution of the PS3 version is 20% lower, not only that but no AA kills it even more. This was exactly why Halo 3 was a jag-fest. Not to mention texture quality and foliage is significantly reduced.

Your arguement goes both ways, PS3 fanboys bashed the hell out of Halo 3 and FFXIII on the 360 because they ran Sub-HD.
QFT
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Oh and to say that it's the developers fault is also bull.

This is the same reason GTA4 was sub-HD on the PS3. The Xenos GPU is 2-3 times more efficient and powerful than the RSX, so the Cell normally dedicates alot of its SPUs to help it with GPU functions in order to leverage the difference between the Xenos and RSX. But GTA4's engine uses a very complex physics engine that requires alot of the Cell's CPU power. Because of the weak RSX they had to drop AA support and lower the resolution and LOD.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:17 pm

im-360...xbox360 wrote:
LOL

Essentially Alan Wake's native resolution is more complex than that. The Geometry Buffer runs 547 X 960, but other aspects such as post processing, HUD, shadows, lighting, textures, ran either 720p or much higher (Some Shadows run 1024 X 1024). Alan Wake's buffer is over 20 times that of a regular 720p buffer. Remedy's statement holds alot of truth in it. All of these aspects combine to form one 720p image, and gets masked by 4xMSAA. The game goes through 2 scaling processes to reach the target output of 1280 X 720 at a software and hardware level. But the actual image quality is much closer to 720p 2xMSAA.

Simply put, there is no sub-HD effect in Alan Wake. There is not much aliasing or the blurry "screendoor" effect you would normally see like in MW2. Alan Wake is essentially an HD game. And a beautiful one too. The Sub-HD claims only hold some truth in it if you took a frame and removed all the scaling and AA being used.

So all the retarded PS3 fanboys making fun of Alan Wake could suck it. Alan Wake looks infinitely better than Uncharted except maybe for the character animations which is being fixed in the first free DLC.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 3:12 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
im-360...xbox360 wrote:
LOL

Essentially Alan Wake's native resolution is more complex than that. The Geometry Buffer runs 547 X 960, but other aspects such as post processing, HUD, shadows, lighting, textures, ran either 720p or much higher (Some Shadows run 1024 X 1024). Alan Wake's buffer is over 20 times that of a regular 720p buffer. Remedy's statement holds alot of truth in it. All of these aspects combine to form one 720p image, and gets masked by 4xMSAA. The game goes through 2 scaling processes to reach the target output of 1280 X 720 at a software and hardware level. But the actual image quality is much closer to 720p 2xMSAA.

Simply put, there is no sub-HD effect in Alan Wake. There is not much aliasing or the blurry "screendoor" effect you would normally see like in MW2. Alan Wake is essentially an HD game. And a beautiful one too. The Sub-HD claims only hold some truth in it if you took a frame and removed all the scaling and AA being used.

So all the retarded PS3 fanboys making fun of Alan Wake could suck it. Alan Wake looks infinitely better than Uncharted except maybe for the character animations which is being fixed in the first free DLC.
I....I think ....I love you!
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:03 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
im-360...xbox360 wrote:
LOL

Lol alright. Knowledge is power. I'll be taking over the Xbox republic quite soon. :p
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
im-360...xbox360 wrote:
LOL

Lol alright. Knowledge is power. I'll be taking over the Xbox republic quite soon. :p

Nooo!! The Moderators will not allow it! We'll be forced to use the ban-hammer!!!
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:03 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
im-360...xbox360 wrote:
LOL

Nooo!! The Moderators will not allow it! We'll be forced to use the ban-hammer!!!

It's too late.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:17 am

Alan1994 wrote:
im-360...xbox360 wrote:
LOL

QFT
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:19 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
im-360...xbox360 wrote:
LOL

QFT

Captain EMP, You've returned!!!!!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:34 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
im-360...xbox360 wrote:
LOL

QFT

What?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:38 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
im-360...xbox360 wrote:
LOL

QFT

What?

Ah nuthin'. the "qft" reminded me of Captain EMP because all his posts were either;
"I agree"
"true"
"indeed"
or...
"qft"
Back to top Go down
gamer22

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:09 am

The GTAIV engine is not optimized for PS3 and to be honest I don't blame them for not putting the extra effort. Supposedly Rockstar spent 80 million on RDR. They can only put so much money towards a project. The bottom line 360 made a easier architecture to make games on. Plain and simple.

But I don't think it's a fair comparison to use this game when criticizing AW. AW is an exclusive to what excuse is there not have it rendered in native HD? It's clear that multiplat development rarely favors PS3 but exclusive development can't be touched IMO.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:01 am

Alan1994 wrote:
im-360...xbox360 wrote:
LOL

i disagree but each to their own.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonNeckedPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:44 pm

wow thats so true. ps3 sucks cok now and its profen

Last edited by CrimsonNeckedPatriot on Wed May 26, 2010 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:52 pm

optimusprime wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
im-360...xbox360 wrote:
LOL

In terms of visual atmosphere, one might have a preference over one. I understand some people are put off by AW's atmosphere. But in terms of technical Prowess AW does alot more than Uncharted when you are talking about realtime graphics. The ONLY thing UC2 even has a chance against when comparing UC2 to AW is textures and animations. But AW surpasses UC2 in terms of Lighting, Draw distance, Post Processing, environments, etc.

I don't care though. Graphics doesn't determine how good a game is. UC2 is still better than AW in terms of gameplay and replay value IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:51 am

Alan1994 wrote:
optimusprime wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
im-360...xbox360 wrote:
LOL

In terms of visual atmosphere, one might have a preference over one. I understand some people are put off by AW's atmosphere. But in terms of technical Prowess AW does alot more than Uncharted when you are talking about realtime graphics. The ONLY thing UC2 even has a chance against when comparing UC2 to AW is textures and animations. But AW surpasses UC2 in terms of Lighting, Draw distance, Post Processing, environments, etc.

I don't care though. Graphics doesn't determine how good a game is. UC2 is still better than AW in terms of gameplay and replay value IMHO.
Aren't the settings completely different?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Alice wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
optimusprime wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
im-360...xbox360 wrote:
LOL

Aren't the settings completely different?

That's the word I was looking for. Yea it depends on preference. But in terms of technical prowess AW is superior.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd   PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption confirmed to be sub-hd
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next