This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Wii is still in first place.

Go down 
+12
Freemon34'
JimRaynor
solidstudios
GeneralMLD
Stigma
Madtoker
DarkSwarm85
ghost23
arnt god of war
Noelol
Yusuke Urameshi
Nikka
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nikka
Seaman Recruit
Nikka

The Wii is still in first place. Empty
PostSubject: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:16 am

Yup.

Really.
Back to top Go down
Yusuke Urameshi
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Yusuke Urameshi

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:28 am

Well of course it is.

Pretty much majority of parents who buy the wii is for their kids to shut up but don't get me wrong the wii does has some great games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:27 pm

How so? I dont see it...
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:35 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
How so? I dont see it...
They are talking about the sales. That is why MLD says the PS3 is in last place.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:44 pm

again because japan sucks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:47 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
How so? I dont see it...
They are talking about the sales. That is why MLD says the PS3 is in last place.

Sales dont equal shit. Sales are pointless, they only matter to the company. If it wasn't for sales, Wii would be dead last.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:15 am

How many people actually buy a Wii and continuously play it?
I know a lot of people who touch their Wii a few times a year.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:50 am

Pointless threads get moved to the graveyard.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:43 pm

mmmkayyy
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:58 pm

My friends who only have a Wii...say they regret buying it lol.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:09 am

duh

but MS really only cares about PS3 competition..........as do I for that matter
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:56 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
duh

i doubt it
nintendo is the one who made big bucks
Back to top Go down
solidstudios
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
solidstudios

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:34 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
duh

if they only cared about Sony then they wouldn't have made Natal. Obviously MS wants some of Nintendo's money....as does Sony
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:00 pm

solidstudios wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
duh

if they only cared about Sony then they wouldn't have made Natal. Obviously MS wants some of Nintendo's money....as does Sony

They care about sony, thats why they are releasing Natal...........to compete with Move.

Nintendo may of been the inspiration, but MS knows they cant outsell the Wii. Its all about keeping a lead over Sony
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
JimRaynor

JimRaynor

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:48 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Sales dont equal shit. Sales are pointless, they only matter to the company. If it wasn't for sales, Wii would be dead last.
You are on a site that uses "our sales our better than your sales" as a major argument in console wars. As far as XBR is concerned, sales (and reviews) are everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:52 pm

JimRaynor wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
You are on a site that uses "our sales our better than your sales" as a major argument in console wars. As far as XBR is concerned, sales (and reviews) are everything.

Yeah, one guy's opinion is not shared by everyone. I couldn't give a shit about sales or reviews. Wink

Last edited by Ezekiel 703 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:00 am

ghost23 wrote:
How many people actually buy a Wii and continuously play it?
I know a lot of people who touch their Wii a few times a year.

Nintondo316. Biggest wiitard on Youtube. He loves wii, and hates PS3 and 360

Nintondo316's channel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:11 am

JimRaynor wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Hmm...didnt think just because I am on this site I had to have exactly the same opinions as some people here...
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 5:39 pm

wii is in first but ps3 is dead last and deserves it for putting out a pos console with no good games and crap online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:14 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
JimRaynor wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Hmm...didnt think just because I am on this site I had to have exactly the same opinions as some people here...

I guess he can only see in black and white.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:29 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
JimRaynor wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I guess he can only see in black and white.

Sadly thats the truth.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:28 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
JimRaynor wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I'll put it this way, if a game sells well, there is a larger inflow of cash and revenue for the publishers and developers. More profit is made and this means that the developers are given a larger budget for their next project.
Games that sell well get more money to fund the development of DLC and sequels.
So sales are important, even to the consumer, because it determines whether you will see DLC or sequels in the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:32 am

ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
JimRaynor wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I'll put it this way, if a game sells well, there is a larger inflow of cash and revenue for the publishers and developers. More profit is made and this means that the developers are given a larger budget for their next project.
So sales are important, even to the consumer, because it determines whether you will see DLC or sequels in the future.

Sales dont mean a game is good. I know games that dont sell well yet they are amazing. Im not saying sales arent important, Im saying sales and review scores dont mean as much to me, like this guy is trying to say.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:39 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
JimRaynor wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Sales dont mean a game is good. I know games that dont sell well yet they are amazing. Im not saying sales arent important, Im saying sales and review scores dont mean as much to me, like this guy is trying to say.

Well the counterargument I make is that high sales means that the game is of a high quality. Think of it this way, PS3 fanboys always say Halo 3 is shit, but its sold 11 million copies, millions and millions of people spent their hard earned money on this game so there must be some quality that this game has in order to entice people like this.

In the case of Wii Sports selling like 30 million, it is a very good game because it appeals to the audience that it aims for, the casual audience. We as hardcore gamers may hate Wii Sports but that doesn't make it a shit game. There is only one exception that I can think of this generation and its Modern Warfare 2, it sold that well mainly based on hype.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:49 am

ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
JimRaynor wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Well the counterargument I make is that high sales means that the game is of a high quality. Think of it this way, PS3 fanboys always say Halo 3 is shit, but its sold 11 million copies, millions and millions of people spent their hard earned money on this game so there must be some quality that this game has in order to entice people like this.

In the case of Wii Sports selling like 30 million, it is a very good game because it appeals to the audience that it aims for, the casual audience. We as hardcore gamers may hate Wii Sports but that doesn't make it a shit game. There is only one exception that I can think of this generation and its Modern Warfare 2, it sold that well mainly based on hype.

Well Wii sports was bundled with every Wii so I would count that as a high selling game. Yeah, more sales tends to be a better product but games like Killzone 2 and UC2 are amazing games also but havent sold well. I just dont use sales to determine the quality of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wii is still in first place.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next