This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Wii is still in first place.

Go down 
+12
Freemon34'
JimRaynor
solidstudios
GeneralMLD
Stigma
Madtoker
DarkSwarm85
ghost23
arnt god of war
Noelol
Yusuke Urameshi
Nikka
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

The Wii is still in first place. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:58 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
JimRaynor wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Sales dont equal shit. Sales are pointless, they only matter to the company. If it wasn't for sales, Wii would be dead last.
You are on a site that uses "our sales our better than your sales" as a major argument in console wars. As far as XBR is concerned, sales (and reviews) are everything.

Hmm...didnt think just because I am on this site I had to have exactly the same opinions as some people here...

I'll put it this way, if a game sells well, there is a larger inflow of cash and revenue for the publishers and developers. More profit is made and this means that the developers are given a larger budget for their next project.
Games that sell well get more money to fund the development of DLC and sequels.
So sales are important, even to the consumer, because it determines whether you will see DLC or sequels in the future.

Sales dont mean a game is good. I know games that dont sell well yet they are amazing. Im not saying sales arent important, Im saying sales and review scores dont mean as much to me, like this guy is trying to say.

Well the counterargument I make is that high sales means that the game is of a high quality. Think of it this way, PS3 fanboys always say Halo 3 is shit, but its sold 11 million copies, millions and millions of people spent their hard earned money on this game so there must be some quality that this game has in order to entice people like this.

In the case of Wii Sports selling like 30 million, it is a very good game because it appeals to the audience that it aims for, the casual audience. We as hardcore gamers may hate Wii Sports but that doesn't make it a shit game. There is only one exception that I can think of this generation and its Modern Warfare 2, it sold that well mainly based on hype.

Well Wii sports was bundled with every Wii so I would count that as a high selling game. Yeah, more sales tends to be a better product but games like Killzone 2 and UC2 are amazing games also but havent sold well. I just dont use sales to determine the quality of the game.

I don't measure a game by sales or reviews, just my own opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
JimRaynor wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Sales dont equal shit. Sales are pointless, they only matter to the company. If it wasn't for sales, Wii would be dead last.
You are on a site that uses "our sales our better than your sales" as a major argument in console wars. As far as XBR is concerned, sales (and reviews) are everything.

Hmm...didnt think just because I am on this site I had to have exactly the same opinions as some people here...

I'll put it this way, if a game sells well, there is a larger inflow of cash and revenue for the publishers and developers. More profit is made and this means that the developers are given a larger budget for their next project.
So sales are important, even to the consumer, because it determines whether you will see DLC or sequels in the future.

Sales dont mean a game is good. I know games that dont sell well yet they are amazing. Im not saying sales arent important, Im saying sales and review scores dont mean as much to me, like this guy is trying to say.

Well the counterargument I make is that high sales means that the game is of a high quality. Think of it this way, PS3 fanboys always say Halo 3 is shit, but its sold 11 million copies, millions and millions of people spent their hard earned money on this game so there must be some quality that this game has in order to entice people like this.

In the case of Wii Sports selling like 30 million, it is a very good game because it appeals to the audience that it aims for, the casual audience. We as hardcore gamers may hate Wii Sports but that doesn't make it a shit game. There is only one exception that I can think of this generation and its Modern Warfare 2, it sold that well mainly based on hype.

Well Wii sports was bundled with every Wii so I would count that as a high selling game. Yeah, more sales tends to be a better product but games like Killzone 2 and UC2 are amazing games also but havent sold well. I just dont use sales to determine the quality of the game.

Exactly, if theres a demo I will try it. I also read written reviews to see what people thought, but the review scoring system is so flawed its not worth even looking at it.
Back to top Go down
Fauchard
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fauchard

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:46 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
JimRaynor wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Exactly, if theres a demo I will try it. I also read written reviews to see what people thought, but the review scoring system is so flawed its not worth even looking at it.

I could not agree more
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:34 pm

the problem with many people is that they dont see sales as something that is strictly to do with corporate marketshare battling.

We as gamers dont benefit from sales.............but we are in the console war. And in the console war, one corporations success over another gives certain fans bragging rights over the other.

Many people think

console wars = fanboy wars

no, its actually

console wars = corporation wars

pick a side or dont participate.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:40 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
the problem with many people is that they dont see sales as something that is strictly to do with corporate marketshare battling.

We as gamers dont benefit from sales.............but we are in the console war. And in the console war, one corporations success over another gives certain fans bragging rights over the other.

Many people think

no, its actually

Well, I keep hearing that Sony is in debt from the PS3, and Microsoft is making massive profits, so not matter what, we will get the next xbox becuase they have the funds to recover from any loss. However I have not checked either company's profits recently.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:56 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Many people think

no, its actually

Well, I keep hearing that Sony is in debt from the PS3, and Microsoft is making massive profits, so not matter what, we will get the next xbox becuase they have the funds to recover from any loss. However I have not checked either company's profits recently.

Sony just broke even on PS3, they've been making a loss since launch to early 2010. Microsoft have been making profits for a long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:58 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

Many people think

no, its actually

I see the console war as just a way to debate your console over the competition. The corporations are a whole different thing, to them sales mean everything. But to us gamers, sales dont mean much, maybe fund some DLC but not much.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:46 pm

Obviously the Wii is still in first place. But third parties are starting to realize that hardcore games do not sell as well on the Wii as say the 360 and PS3. That is why games like The Grinder, de Blob: The Underground, and No More Heroes (Heroes' Paradise being a port of the Wii version) went multiplatform.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
txtman8095

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:24 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
How so? I dont see it...
They are talking about the sales. That is why MLD says the PS3 is in last place.

Yes dude thank you, you get the point there are so many better ways to defend a console other "It sold the most"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wii is still in first place.   The Wii is still in first place. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wii is still in first place.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Sales, Stats, and Predictions-
Jump to: