This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something? Empty
PostSubject: LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?   LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 8:40 am

Take a look at this comment posted by a ps3 fanboy on youtube:

-Final Fantasy XIII PS3: 1 disk
-Final Fantasy XIII 360: 3 disks
-Gran Turismo 5: 1,000+ cars, 1 disk
-Forza 3: 400+ cars, 2 disks
-Ninja Gaiden 2: exclusive Co-Op on PS3
-LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted 2: Higher scores than ANY 360 game
-PS3 exclusives catching GotY 2008 & 2009
I think I'm seeing the pattern too. ^.^

Okay, well he seems to think that having multiple disks is a bad thing. Well then I wonder what mandatory installs must be like to him.
-Final Fantasy XIII PS3: 1 disk
-Final Fantasy XIII 360: 3 disks

Gran Turismo 1000 cars on 1 disk. Well, 800 of them aren't even next-gen cars. They're just ps2 cars, probably with empty interiors or something. Therefore, the two disks for Forza 3 seems like nothing because it's got double the amount of next-gen cars.
-Gran Turismo 5: 1,000+ cars, 1 disk
-Forza 3: 400+ cars, 2 disks

Ninja Gaiden, exclusive co op on ps3? Yeah....great....and? Forgetting that 360 has timed exclusive content on every single cod game for the next 3 years? Forgetting that most of ps3's games like Tekken, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid and many more are going multiplat?
And forgetting that almost every single multiplatform game is superior on Xbox 360? Even to date games look and play better on 360. Eg: Red Dead Redemption.

-Ninja Gaiden 2: exclusive Co-Op on PS3

Now here's the most ignorant one. LBP and Uncharted 2 apparently have higher scores than any 360 game...? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
Mass Effect 2 got the same rating as Uncharted 2! (probably even higher, it only just settled down to 96 when the last few reviews came in, it was staying with 98 for a while). And that's obviously also higher than LBP.
Goty on ps3? Yeah great...but what about all the AAA games on Xbox 360?? If he cares about goty he must care about reviews and in that case, 360 pwnz.

-LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted 2: Higher scores than ANY 360 game
-PS3 exclusives catching GotY 2008 & 2009

So yeah, easy guy to counter but I'm shocked that this comment was written like a week ago. He needs to do some research.
Now, you're probably thinking "well that's just one guy, he doesn't represent all ps3 fanboys", that's true but here's the truly hilarious thing.... his comment was rated 10 thumbs up. Lmao shows how stupid some ps3 fanboys are XD

See the comment for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2GMPmWADhs&feature=related

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?   LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 12:37 pm

in his defence ME 2 doesnt mean shit for us. i had it on my computer be4 i got my 360
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?   LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 12:48 pm

Madtoker wrote:
in his defence ME 2 doesnt mean shit for us. i had it on my computer be4 i got my 360

Mass Effect 2 is only on one console, the PC isn't a console therefore it counts. He counts LBP as a PS3 exclusive even though it's on PSP too. You don't need to defend the troll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?   LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Ignorance at its best. But either way, racing sims suck Razz lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?   LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 4:11 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Ignorance at its best. But either way, racing sims suck Razz lol

QFT! XD
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?   LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Mass Effect 2 will end up getting more goty awards than uncharted 2. he's mad ps3 is in dead last,also he didn't mention the bad parts about ps3 like:

forced installs [ranging from 1-5 gigs]
patches for almost every game and they are slow plus they need to install
online sucks[disconnected and features arent universal,no one talks,etc]
slow blu ray drive,slower than dvd.

Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?   LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:56 am

Spartan, you're 100% right.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?   LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:36 am

Spartan v07 wrote:
Mass Effect 2 will end up getting more goty awards than uncharted 2

The problem with Mass Effect 2 chances of winning GOTY is simply it's release date. Award ceremonies seem to have a terrible trait of having a short term memory. In July 2008 The Dark Knight was a huge success at the box office, it became one the highest grossing movies of all time and it recieved fantastic reviews from the critics. Yet when the next Academy Awards came round in Febuary 2009 which the Dark Knight was eligible for nominations it lost the best movie award amonst others to a far less successful movie that had only had it's worldwide release at the cinema's a month prior to award ceremony, Slumdog Millionaire.

Taking into account that Mass Effect 2 was released barely a month after VGA 2009 it's chances of winning GOTY this year are hindered due to this ridiculous short-term mind set that seems common place in award ceremonies these days. I honestly hope this is not the case though because it would be a worthy winner in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?   LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:55 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

The problem with Mass Effect 2 chances of winning GOTY is simply it's release date. Award ceremonies seem to have a terrible trait of having a short term memory. In July 2008 The Dark Knight was a huge success at the box office, it became one the highest grossing movies of all time and it recieved fantastic reviews from the critics. Yet when the next Academy Awards came round in Febuary 2009 which the Dark Knight was eligible for nominations it lost the best movie award amonst others to a far less successful movie that had only had it's worldwide release at the cinema's a month prior to award ceremony, Slumdog Millionaire.

Taking into account that Mass Effect 2 was released barely a month after VGA 2009 it's chances of winning GOTY this year are hindered due to this ridiculous short-term mind set that seems common place in award ceremonies these days. I honestly hope this is not the case though because it would be a worthy winner in my eyes.

Yeah I see what you mean.
It's a shame but then again, when they do announce the winner as a game that came out right at the beginning of that year, you think "well...that was a shit year" because there's been no game later that year which is better than it. I hope Halo Reach comes out before VGA 2010. Razz Then we may still have a goty. Tbh I don't care that much about goty, ratings are what I care about but it would be nice.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?   LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:22 am

demondragondude wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

It's a shame but then again, when they do announce the winner as a game that came out right at the beginning of that year, you think "well...that was a shit year" because there's been no game later that year which is better than it. I hope Halo Reach comes out before VGA 2010. Razz Then we may still have a goty. Tbh I don't care that much about goty, ratings are what I care about but it would be nice.

Thats a very good take on it DDD, by choosing Mass Effect 2 as GOTY for 2010 is basically saying out of the 365 days since VGA 2009 gaming in 2010 hit it's peak a mere 30+ days afterwards. Leaving the impression that the other 330 days for the gaming world in 2010 were an utter dispointment in comparison.

Your also right not to care too much about what wins GOTY because Spike Video Game Awards have already been criticised over the fact the winner isn't necessarily picked on quality, more on popularity.

I imagine Halo Reach has a very good chance of winning GOTY as long as it's released before the award ceremony which will be held on December the 12th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?   LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:44 am

Spartan v07 wrote:
Mass Effect 2 will end up getting more goty awards than uncharted 2. he's mad ps3 is in dead last,also he didn't mention the bad parts about ps3 like:

forced installs [ranging from 1-5 gigs]
patches for almost every game and they are slow plus they need to install
online sucks[disconnected and features arent universal,no one talks,etc]
slow blu ray drive,slower than dvd.

YES! Those are some of the reasons I sold my PS3, its stupid to deal with when you have a fast 360 sitting right next to it Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?   LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:00 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

Thats a very good take on it DDD, by choosing Mass Effect 2 as GOTY for 2010 is basically saying out of the 365 days since VGA 2009 gaming in 2010 hit it's peak a mere 30+ days afterwards. Leaving the impression that the other 330 days for the gaming world in 2010 were an utter dispointment in comparison.

Your also right not to care too much about what wins GOTY because Spike Video Game Awards have already been criticised over the fact the winner isn't necessarily picked on quality, more on popularity.

I imagine Halo Reach has a very good chance of winning GOTY as long as it's released before the award ceremony which will be held on December the 12th.

Why thank you. Your take on why ME2 may not get goty is a very good one too. Very logical.
And yeah. lol in 330 days to have not one single game that does better than it = fail (at least it makes it seem that way).

And I do hope at least one 360 exclusive wins this year because if they don't ps3 fanboys will get the impression that they're on top. (lol they're such girls).
I don't see though, how they can say goty matters but ratings don't...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?   LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something? Empty

Back to top Go down

LOL Ps3 fanboys, Aren't you forgetting something?
Page 1 of 1