This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.

Go down 
+12
Spartan v07
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
optimusprime
DemonWolf
GeneralMLD
Stigma
Arbiteris
lightlamp
Stoney
ghost23
Doominator99
Blackou7
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:37 pm

you can get ODST for $20-$30 now where I live.

For a new 360 owner, thats amazing value given it has the complete Halo 3 Multiplayer experience.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:48 pm

well now that they fixed the controls (or so they say) and they hired some special hollywood guys to do the story and added more variaty, this should be the ultimate test to see if PS3 owners are willing to do the impossible... BUY A GAME! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUN! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:23 pm

wow and odst is a spinoff too. reach will sell more than odst but not as great as Halo 3 since its a sinoff /off shoot too.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:43 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
wow and odst is a spinoff too. reach will sell more than odst but not as great as Halo 3 since its a sinoff /off shoot too.

It might. Remember the install base of the 360 was still relatively small when Halo 3 launched, now its in excess of 40 million consoles and it will only grow this fall.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:28 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

For a new 360 owner, thats amazing value given it has the complete Halo 3 Multiplayer experience.

Exactly.
Brand new campaign. New story and characters. New location. Free roam. Avatar awards. Achievements (well obviously, but I may as well mention it considering a lot of early ps3 titles don't have trophies). New weapons. New game modes. New maps. Entire Halo 3 multiplayer experience. Halo Reach beta (not anymore though).

That's well worth the price!
If you can get it for like $20, it's under $2 for each of the main features I mentioned.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:37 pm

demondragondude wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Exactly.
Brand new campaign. New story and characters. New location. Free roam. Avatar awards. Achievements (well obviously, but I may as well mention it considering a lot of early ps3 titles don't have trophies). New weapons. New game modes. New maps. Entire Halo 3 multiplayer experience. Halo Reach beta (not anymore though).

That's well worth the price!
If you can get it for like $20, it's under $2 for each of the main features I mentioned.

For 20 its a hell of a deal! But I didnt have any of the map packs for Halo 3 so it was worth 60 to me (even though I got it free Razz)
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:07 pm

2.3 million is good for any game in general. Guerilla should start turning a decent profit after Killzone 3 comes out. Plus, we're talking about Halo. The only thing Halo doesn't outsell is Mario.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Invincible wrote:
2.3 million is good for any game in general. Guerilla should start turning a decent profit after Killzone 3 comes out. Plus, we're talking about Halo. The only thing Halo doesn't outsell is Mario.

And the things with Wii in the title. Ex: Wii Sports, Wii Fit, and Wii Play.
Back to top Go down
MasterCheef
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
MasterCheef

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:22 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
You know, both games sucked, neither deserves great sales really.

What is wrong with ODST, or Killzone for that matter?

kz2 had bad controls and extremely shit/ cliched plot and dialogue, if your a movie fan like me you'll hear quotes like "oh my god theyre every where" or "i just want to talk to you", its not really as enetertaining as say, halo's alien enemy dialogue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 12:14 pm

MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

kz2 had bad controls and extremely shit/ cliched plot and dialogue, if your a movie fan like me you'll hear quotes like "oh my god theyre every where" or "i just want to talk to you", its not really as enetertaining as say, halo's alien enemy dialogue.

God I am sick of hearing people complain about controls, you can fucking change the controls! That is not just directed at you. And I thought the story was good.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 1:28 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

God I am sick of hearing people complain about controls, you can fucking change the controls! That is not just directed at you. And I thought the story was good.

The quality of the story wasnt that great(but that doesnt mean you cant like it).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:27 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

The quality of the story wasnt that great(but that doesnt mean you cant like it).

It could have been better, well all stories can be better. But it wasnt as bad as people say it is.
Back to top Go down
MasterCheef
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
MasterCheef

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:04 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

NO , WHAT I MEANT WAS THAT IT WAS TOO FUCKING FLOATY,

like, when you want to look left or right, theres like a 1 second delay, and the amount of times your gonna be turning in that game, i wish it had smooth controls like halo or mw2 even tho mw2 is crap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:15 pm

MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

like, when you want to look left or right, theres like a 1 second delay, and the amount of times your gonna be turning in that game, i wish it had smooth controls like halo or mw2 even tho mw2 is crap

That is the sense of heaviness, and then say that next time jeeze, those are two different things.
Back to top Go down
MasterCheef
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
MasterCheef

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:41 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

That is the sense of heaviness, and then say that next time jeeze, those are two different things.

thats why i dont like it , jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:23 pm

MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Then say that not controls.

Last edited by TheJubJub57212 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MasterCheef
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
MasterCheef

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:50 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

wut?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:02 pm

Even if killzone had a goddamn awful story (which I'm sure it doesn't) it would still seem cool coz it's so cinematic! I found that even with the first game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:49 pm

MasterCheef wrote:

wut?

Quote was messed up. I fixed it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:50 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Even if killzone had a goddamn awful story (which I'm sure it doesn't) it would still seem cool coz it's so cinematic! I found that even with the first game.

It is. It is fucking awesome!
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 8:07 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

You do realise that still goes under how the game controls. Controls also include the responsiveness of the game to your input on the controller. That's why Halo was praised so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:55 pm

ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

You do realise that still goes under how the game controls. Controls also include the responsiveness of the game to your input on the controller. That's why Halo was praised so much.

He is talking about the feel of heaviness, that is not part of the controls. The controls are the buttons you push on the controller to make your person do something.
Back to top Go down
MasterCheef
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
MasterCheef

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:56 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

HALO IS WAY BETTAR THAN KIELZOWN TOO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:46 am

MasterCheef wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

HALO IS WAY BETTAR THAN KIELZOWN TOO

*FACEPALM*
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Halo is better than Killzone in almost all aspects, other the graphics, and maybe sound effects
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.   ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ODST has sold TWICE as many copies as Killzone 2.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next